• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama: I would Change NFL Team Washington Redskin's Name.....

Should the Washington Redskins Change the Team Name?

• Tomahawk Barack.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
For the record my best friend is pure blood Native American. And she thinks all this is BS.

Quick, someone tell the president. We're dropping the issue because some people don't give a crap.

No call out.
No sense.
Governor and owner in the 90's.
I'll let your own team help you here, I'm not bailing you.

Yes you were called out.....hence you being asked for a link. The ones you can't produce. Until you got something on that issue.....then its your norm. Nothing but some bloviating hot air. No Substance.....kinda like damn near non existence.

Quick, someone tell the president. We're dropping the issue because some people don't give a crap.

Better yet.....quick tell the President. Most don't give a **** about what he thinks and damn near most really just don't care How he feels.

Better yet.....quick tell the President. Most don't give a **** about what he thinks and damn near most really just don't care How he feels.

As I explained earlier, one person's opinion is irrelevant. It is offensive and bad for society to label by skin color, doing so harms everyone. This reasoning cannot be defeated. The owner is being a dumbass, the next owner will change the name anyway.

Maybe we should reinstitute the Washington Bullets.
Imagine some of their uniforms and insignias.
They could be the Washington NRAs for a night, though Northern Idaho Aryans also comes to mind.
How about the Washington Semi-automatics.

:roll:

Washington Redskins Name Change: Poll Shows Widespread National Support For Team Name

There's precedent for a Washington team changing its name because of cultural sensitivities. The late Washington Bullets owner Abe Pollin decided the nickname was inappropriate because of its association with urban violence, and in 1997, the NBA team was rechristened the Wizards.....snip~

Washington Redskins Name Change: Poll Shows Widespread National Support For Team Name

:roll:

There's precedent for a Washington team changing its name because of cultural sensitivities. The late Washington Bullets owner Abe Pollin decided the nickname was inappropriate because of its association with urban violence, and in 1997, the NBA team was rechristened the Wizards.....snip~

It's not "cultural sensitivities". It's "labeling people by skin color is ****ing moronic".

I really don't want to negotiate over this.
ZI've played this link game before with you righties and I know where it can go.
I wasted a lotta time proving schools had concealed-carry just for those idiots to then say it didn't matter.
Bush's whole life was a failure, not just his POTUS.
Without Laura and Barbara and his Father............
Yes you were called out.....hence you being asked for a link. The ones you can't produce. Until you got something on that issue.....then its your norm. Nothing but some bloviating hot air. No Substance.....kinda like damn near non existence.

Last edited:

Hey the President is entitled to his opinion. Why you guys are flippin' I duuna know. It doesn't seem like the President is nor my friend:roll:

Hey the President is entitled to his opinion. Why you guys are flippin' I duuna know. It doesn't seem like the President is nor my friend:roll:

I think "flippin'" would be like, say... using an anecdote to claim labeling by skin color is fine. That's flippin' somethin'. Do you always debate like this?

As I explained earlier, one person's opinion is irrelevant. It is offensive and bad for society to label by skin color, doing so harms everyone. This reasoning cannot be defeated. The owner is being a dumbass, the next owner will change the name anyway.

Looks like Goodall now agrees to a discussion.....even though he has taken the side of the Team!

Calls for Redskins name change grow louder.....

In a notable shift in tone, National Football League commissioner Roger Goodell said last month that the league should listen to those who are offended by the name. “If one person is offended, we have to listen," Goodell said in a radio interview.

On Saturday, President Barack Obama weighed in on the controversy, telling the Associated Press that if he were Snyder, he'd consider a name change.

The NFL declined to comment about Obama’s statement. But the president's comments were applauded by Oneida Indian Nation, which is hosting a protest event in Washington, D.C., on Monday at a hotel where NFL owners are scheduled to convene for their fall meeting.

Lanny Davis, an attorney for Snyder, defended his client's decision to stick with the "Redskins," pointing to a 2004 Annenberg Institute poll that found nine out of 10 Native Americans were not offended by the team's name.

"Like devoted fans of the Atlanta Braves, the Cleveland Indians and the Chicago Blackhawks (from President Obama’s home town), we love our team and its name," Davis said in a statement. "And, like those fans, we do not intend to disparage or disrespect a racial or ethnic group.”.....snip~

Calls for Redskins name change grow louder

You are familiar with who Lanny Davis is.....Correct? That's who is representing the Team. None other than a Clintonite and left leaning liberal.

Last edited:
More people agree with me today than 25 years ago, and 10 years ago. And more will agree tomorrow.

The "if one person is offended" is a very weak argument. One would think such a man could understand the obvious and undeniable damage done to society by such labels and would argue from an intellectual position.

I really don't want to negotiate over this.
I wasted a lotta time proving schools had concealed-carry just for those idiots to then say it didn't matter.
Bush's whole life was a failure, not just his POTUS.
Without Laura and Barbara and his Father............

Theres nothing to negotiate.....as Bush had no Controlling interest in the team to make decisions and did not run the day to day operations.

Unless you can somehow come up with link that shows otherwise.....that is. :roll:

I think "flippin'" would be like, say... using an anecdote to claim labeling by skin color is fine. That's flippin' somethin'. Do you always debate like this?

Hey I'm a cracker whiter than Wonder Bread.

Hey I'm a cracker whiter than Wonder Bread.

Do you also have a black friend that's not offended by 'nigger'? If so, we could just forget that whole thing.

Do you have an actual argument or point?

It's not "cultural sensitivities". It's "labeling people by skin color is ****ing moronic".

It was precedent over Cultural Sensitivities over the team named the Bullets.....wasn't it tho? Now that issue didn't have jack **** to do with Skin color. Whats your excuse for that now?

Or were you going to try to say that had nothing to do with Cultural Sensitivities in Washington?

Whats your excuse for that now?

I was not referring to the bullets. I've no problem with the name 'bullets'. I've no problem with the 'IEDs'. Those are objects. Do you have a problem with the name 'bullets'?

Do you also have a black friend that's not offended by 'nigger'? If so, we could just forget that whole thing.

Do you have an actual argument or point?

You are to wound up. James, not my only black friend, used the N word the other day. And usinf the term Redskin in modern day gladiatorial battles means they can kick ass.

You are to wound up. James, not my only black friend, used the N word the other day. And usinf the term Redskin in modern day gladiatorial battles means they can kick ass.

Good day

Obviously, the name 'Redskins' is offensive. Just ask any Native- you'll probably have to ask because they wouldn't say so otherwise. My wife is Metis and I have Native friends and inlaws and they mostly just shake their heads about stuff like that, it being in their nature to ignore the rudeness until they're asked. Maybe that's why it's been tolerated so long.

Heya GM. :2wave: Lanny Davis representing the team. Cited the Annenberg Poll of 2004. Which in truth is an Old Poll. They should come up with a newer one. In bringing out the issue.

Lanny Davis, an attorney for Snyder, defended his client's decision to stick with the "Redskins," pointing to a 2004 Annenberg Institute poll that found nine out of 10 Native Americans were not offended by the team's name.....snip~

Course Davis is a Clinton-ite and stands with the teams History.

I was not referring to the bullets. I've no problem with the name 'bullets'. I've no problem with the 'IEDs'. Those are objects. Do you have a problem with the name 'bullets'?

Nope I didn't.....But then I don't think there are any Wizards in Washington either. :lol:

Truly they should have went with the Washington Whizzers.....as most things tend to Whiz Right past those in Washington DC. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Nope I didn't.....But then I don't think there are any Wizards in Washington either. :lol:

Truly they should have went with the Washington Whizzers.....as most things tend to Whiz Right past those in Washington DC. :mrgreen:

Washington Wiggers?

Back
Top Bottom