• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama: I didn't draw the red line on Syria, world did [W:162]

EdwinWillers

"Statism - ideas so good they require coercion"
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
“I didn’t set a red line, the world set a red line,” Obama said. “My credibility’s not on the line. The international community’s credibility is on the line. And America and Congress’s credibility’s on the line."

Source
Talk about slithering snakes...

Unbelievable.

Re: Now he's lying about the Red Line...

Yes I saw that.

Jeesh.. this is a President with no character, no integrity and no principle.

Yes I saw that.

And no one has the integrity or principle to call him out on it.

He just stepped out of his own vomit and is blaming it on the world, the international community, on America, and on congress.

Has this charlatan no shame?

Oh pleaseeeee, now it is going to be our (people) fault.

And no one has the integrity or principle to call him out on it.

He just stepped out of his own vomit and is blaming it on the world, the international community, on America, and on congress.

Has this charlatan no shame?
No. Not a smidgen. He even blamed history - all the signatories to the Geneva Conventions from 1925 to the present. He, Obama, remains above it all. He alone has the moral authority and clarity to act.

Yes I saw that.

We told the Left that in 2008.

It will be, actually. The President's reputation is on the line (to disagree with him), the Congress's reputation is on the line, the American public's reputation is on the line, and the international community's reputation is on the line.

Nah, they'll pin this on Bush somehow. :lol:

Nah, they'll pin this on Bush somehow. :lol:

Bush had the troops next door. He could have easily finished this in the same week. Obviously, his fault.

One mission accomplished poster for two countries. :)

Yep. Cant say we didn't warn them.

They basically elected a child.

And people wonder how a long time and perhaps our most trusted ally, the UK wouldn't even walk to walk with this turd of a president! How disgraced I am feeling right now. To be honest I was disgraced from the get go, but I thought it couldn't get any worse. No one trusts this idiot!

Tim-

It will be, actually. The President's
reputation is on the line (to disagree with him), the Congress's reputation is on the line, the American public's reputation is on the line, and the international community's reputation is on the line.

He disconnected himself completly, from his Nation and his supporters by basically blaming everyone but him for his own remarks.

We have a child running our Country.

He disconnected himself completly, from his Nation and his supporters by basically blaming everyone but him for his own remarks.

We have a child running our Country.

He's attempting to put pressure on the Congress to do its job in legitimizing his action. By losing the UK, having a skeptical public, and without UN support, the President is more or less trying to put the ball in their court. Yes, it's a political calculation, and some things could have been handled better, but this was the right political calculation and it needed to be one. We expect the President of the United States to take a tough stand on issues of grave foreign policy interest, be it a nuclear Iran, genocide, or chemical weapon use on civilian populations. He gives one, which was what we expected, and the coalition around him evaporated. This simply makes sense.

He's attempting to put pressure on the
Congress to do its job in legitimizing his action. By losing the UK, having a skeptical public, and without UN support, the President is more or less trying to put the ball in their court. Yes, it's a political calculation, and some things could have been handled better, but this was the right political calculation and it needed to be one.

LOL !!

No he's NOT.

Honestly, the only way he could put pressure on Congress is to blame everyone but himself for his own statement ? Why are you defending this man-child ?

And whats stopping him anyway. He wen't into Lybia ( Now its a lawless hotbed for Islamo-terrorist..thanks Captain dumbs***..)

I mean really, whats stopping him ?

Any surgical strike will be reported as a success, no matter how much of a waste of a good T-Hawk missle it is, with photo's soon following showing Obama sitting in the Situation Room looking intently at the Flat screens.

That isn't a lie so much as a rhetorical device. It is true that Obama wasn't exactly the first US President to proclaim that chemical weapons are unacceptable. It is true that leaders from around the world have proclaimed the same since WWI. That's all I got from his speech.

For the record, I am opposed to Syrian intervention. I wish that Obama had never mentioned a line of any color. That said, I am glad he's requesting permission from Congress to intervene, which looks to me like an attempt to find an excuse to not intervene, or at least put it off. Given the choice between the US not following through on the red-line statement (thus looking weak) and the US launching a strike (thus accomplishing little and killing a bunch of people), I would choose the former.

While Obama has made many mistakes, I am even more confident that he was the right choice in 2008. Obama is nowhere near the slavering warmonger that McCain is, who even now is urging US involvement in Syria. (I am less certain Obama was better than Romney, who just didn't talk as much about foreign policy. For my vote, that was more of a toss up)

Yes I saw that.

Don't worry

He would NEVER use the IRS like the Gestapo to target and harass his political opposition

He would never use his NSA to spy on you

He would never lie about what happened at Benghazi

He's attempting to put pressure on the Congress to do its job in legitimizing his action. By losing the UK, having a skeptical public, and without UN support, the President is more or less trying to put the ball in their court. Yes, it's a political calculation, and some things could have been handled better, but this was the right political calculation and it needed to be one. We expect the President of the United States to take a tough stand on issues of grave foreign policy interest, be it a nuclear Iran, genocide, or chemical weapon use on civilian populations. He gives one, which was what we expected, and the coalition around him evaporated. This simply makes sense.
:doh

Unbelievable. It's because of world views like this we are in the situation we are now, with this petty, petulant would-be dictator of child occupying the most powerful political office in the world.

"Tough stand" my dairy aire. He's a sniveling weasel that rather than own up to his own mistakes is more than willing to not only blame everyone else - INCLUDING his own country and people - rather than man up to his incompetence and stupidity and admit he made a mistake.

LOL !!

No he's NOT.

Honestly, the only way he could put pressure on Congress is to blame everyone but himself for his own statement ? Why are you defending this man-child ?

And whats stopping him anyway. He wen't into Lybia ( Now its a lawless hotbed for Islamo-terrorist..thanks Captain dumbs***..)

It's not about defending him. The use of chemical weapons is an international "red-line"....and supposedly the international community has decided that certain actions require a consequence.

You also criticize him for Libya...and criticize him for taking more deliberation before going into Syria and getting Congressional support? The only thing confusing and nebulous is the conservative thought process.

It's not about defending him. The use of chemical weapons is an international "red-line"....and supposedly the international community has decided that certain actions require a consequence.

You also criticize him for Libya...and criticize him for taking more deliberation before going into Syria and getting Congressional support? The only thing confusing and nebulous is the conservative thought process.

There are worse atrocities happening all around the world. Obama isn't launching the warships. Oh those are Christians being slaughtered. /yawn

Just stop it already. We have no business in Syria. This is obviously a blatant. Obama is on video setting a red line. At this point we need to start asking ourselves how mentally and emotionally stable our President is. Clearly he is hallucinating and making things up.

Yeah, it's not about what's the right thing to do, it's about political calculations. :roll: So when he going to bomb Iran?

There are worse atrocities happening all around the world. Obama isn't launching the warships. Oh those are Christians being slaughtered. /yawn

Just stop it already. We have no business in Syria. This is obviously a blatant. Obama is on video setting a red line. At this point we need to start asking ourselves how mentally and emotionally stable our President is. Clearly he is hallucinating and making things up.

I agree...which is why I'm glad he's going to Congress rather than making the decision to pull the trigger and strike Syria on his own.

As for atrocities happening all over the world...sure...but chemical attacks by a regime are supposedly something the vast majority of countries have signed on to saying it's unacceptable. It's an issue to be debated....is the international community willing to take action on the use of chemical weapons? Does the US see it as their duty to respond? Thank God it's going to Congress so that this is actually debated.

I mean really, whats stopping him ?

Any surgical strike will be reported as a success, no matter how much of a waste of a good T-Hawk missle it is, with photo's soon following showing Obama sitting in the Situation Room looking intently at the Flat screens.
He's literally become the teflon Don. Nothing sticks to him. Truth, reason, common sense... they all slither off his scales like water.

His minions, for some bizarre reason, don't care when he lies, when he intrudes on their liberties, their wallets, their lives. What manner of thought process is it that can justify the sort of person this man has proven himself to be occupying the most powerful office in the world?

I agree...which is why I'm glad he's going to Congress rather than making the decision to pull the trigger and strike Syria on his own.

As for atrocities happening all over the world...sure...but chemical attacks by a regime are supposedly something the vast majority of countries have signed on to saying it's unacceptable. It's an issue to be debated....is the international community willing to take action on the use of chemical weapons? Does the US see it as their duty to respond? Thank God it's going to Congress so that this is actually debated.

What a bunch of BS

Warmongers like you want to make me puke. Where were you when Saddam gassed tens of thousands of Kurds? Your premise is flimsy at best and not even 10% of the required justification to get involved in another unjust war.

No it isn't a "red line" nor is the so-called international community in agreement as to any response to the use of chemical weapons. IF the use of chemical weapons draws any response, it's purely a political one. And you most certainly are defending him the same way conservatives defended Bush back in the early days of the Iraq war.

Back
Top Bottom