• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama: "I did'nt draw a red line"....guess what ...he's correct

thinkforyoursel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Obama didn't make up some "American" rule ....these were rules laid down well before he was president.
It's not like America is the only country who will watch Assad using WMD ...North-Korea and Iran is also watching. And they will see this inaction as moving the goal posts....now WMD is fair game.

Israel ...South Korea ....look out!!

For a politician ..democrat or republican ....how will this look historically?
You had to choose between Iraq 10 year war that's created from lies ....and a military STRIKE to stop a massacre ....and you chose the Iraq war??:roll:

I am with Obama ...dam the congress ....they were never on his side when he bravely voted against the Iraq war ...years later ...nothing has changed. Obama should ignore congress and go ahead with the strike!!

(Skip to 1:50)

Doesn't matter how you spin it...the words came out of his mouth. He said it. He needs to own it. Doesn't need to be such a [poultry excrement], and blame anyone else he can name, besides himself. Makes him look like a [female dog] to the world. It doesn't matter how his sycophantic followers defend it...he said it...own it...otherwise hand the reins over to someone who really can be a leader.

Community organization is easy. He should have stopped at what he had experience in.

First of all, there are some real questions about the credibility of whether this even happened. What purpose would have been accomplished by gassing a bunch of non-combatants? So, this looks like Obama is stealing a page from the Bush playbook.

As for the world watching....not really. Now, if one country used chemical weapons on another country, yes, that would matter. If "the whole world is watching", why is it ONLY America that wants to involve themselves? We've sold a lot of weapons to other countries - are they unable to use them?

I didn't criticize Obama over Libya. We owed that bastard Gaddafi a bullet up his ass for his bombing of Pan Am and it was long overdue. Despite all the weeping over Benghazi, we probably did the Libyans and ourselves a favor. Syria is a whole different story.

I happen to appreciate Obama for the huge improvement in gay equality and I'm pleased that he is honoring States rights in terms of CO and WA legalization of marijuana. But what is going on with Syria is a bad idea with a poor excuse.

they were never on his side when he bravely voted against the Iraq war

There is NOTHING "brave" about 0bama. He's a coward that looks to blame others for his incompetence. Fifteen years from now, when we've still never recovered from his horrendous policies, he'll still be blaming everyone from George Bush to Spongebob Squarepants, even though it was his signature on the laws and edicts that will ruin us.

Obama didn't make up some "American" rule ....these were rules laid down well before he was president.
It's not like America is the only country who will watch Assad using WMD ...North-Korea and Iran is also watching. And they will see this inaction as moving the goal posts....now WMD is fair game.

Israel ...South Korea ....look out!!

For a politician ..democrat or republican ....how will this look historically?
You had to choose between Iraq 10 year war that's created from lies ....and a military STRIKE to stop a massacre ....and you chose the Iraq war??:roll:

I am with Obama ...dam the congress ....they were never on his side when he bravely voted against the Iraq war ...years later ...nothing has changed. Obama should ignore congress and go ahead with the strike!!

Obama made the statement about there being a Red Line. This is a FACT. Who cares that the term existed prior to his statement. He said it. You are wrong. Deal with it.

It figures the radical leftist would stoop to their own "bush did it" or kneel before their chosen dictator enjoying his play on words.

Ofailure the worst president in history issued the red line words in a sentence concluding with "us" and in the next sentence he noted that would change things for "me.". Suddenly sich pathetic leftist creeps want the world to forget their failed leader used the word "me" and literally stood in front of he worlds cameras and declared HIS position to be the worlds, and oh...congresses. Y
The fact journalist aren't calling his callous use of words out for utter incompetence is staggering illustration of the lefts overwhelming influence in what use to be journalism and is now jus propaganda BS.

My God you'd think he'd stand before the UN and blame the death of a US ambassador on a riot over a film, but even that is ignored by what use to be called journalist.

Again...Obama did not dream up this "red-line" ..... he understands the gravity of the situation. Bush was not a very curious president ....Obama isn't bush ...and he's president of the United States. Let Greece ...or Spain ...ignore these atrocities ...as the super-power Obama understand that he cannot follow suit.

The problem here is ....Obama is acting responsible ....and you people ....you're all about political games!!

Sorry ...but you're not embarrassing Obama ...in this case ...you're embarrassing America ...and endangering the world!!
You embarrassed the country with your actions in Iraq ...and here you go again ...trying to embarrass the country with your in-action.

You've already damaged the country's credit rating with the debt ceiling self-inflicted wound...you're systematically hurting the economy with your 5% approval ratings in the house members. At what point does ....cutting off your nose to spite your face ....rings true to you people.

Obama didn't walk in the white-house by accident...he was elected ...MORE AMERICANS LIKE OBAMA ...than they like the clowns you put up against him....deal with it!

Back
Top Bottom