• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama: GOP party of 'No, we can't'

Chappy

User
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

Well that's telling it the way it was. Obama's got it right.

Excerpted from “Obama: GOP party of 'No, we can't'” By CAROL E. LEE, Politico, 8/16/10 4:04 PM EDT Updated: 8/16/10 4:49 PM EDT
[SIZE="+2"]P[/SIZE]resident Obama, playing off the slogan of his 2008 campaign, mocked Republicans Monday as the party of “No, we can’t” and skewered Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell for saying he wishes the GOP “had been able to obstruct more” of Democrats’ agenda.

“Obstruct more? Is that even possible?” Obama said with a laugh during a fundraiser for Tom Barrett, Democratic gubernatorial candidate in Wisconsin. “So apparently that’s their plan for the future: ‘No we can’t.’ Clean energy: ‘No we can’t.’ Health care: ‘No we can’t.’ Wall Street reform: ‘No we can’t.’ ” …

I wish the Republicans could obstruct more too. Their opposition to the failed stimulus and healthcare bill is what was needed. Unfortunately they didn't have the votes to stop them. It was once said that the Republican party is the party of no, when it should be the party of "hell no" when Obama wants to pass his trash :)

I wish everyone would grow up and actually moderate themselves, act like responsible adults, discuss their problems and differences, try to understand eachother and work out a compromise.

Every successful relationship of any nature depends on the ability to find a balance between the sides - and right now we're seeing just the opposite, like an unhappily married couple who stays together for the sake of the children but can't stop fighting long enough to see their children grow up right.

When your plan of action is to vote for healthcare legislation you havent read, add 4 trillion to the debt in 18 months, do absolutley nothing to resolve the illegal immigration problem but attack states that are willing to step up and do the job your pathetic ass WONT do, sit with your thumb up your ass while the nation went to 10% reported unemployment and 20% actual, keep spending money you dont have and heaping debt on future generations with no real plan for economic recovery, presiding over an anemic economy and a democrat congress that has been in control of both the house and senate for 45 months now...then "no" isnt a strong enough word.

Well - if everyone was being responsible and mature then "no" wouldn't be necessary - and the other side wouldn't be just jacking off, either.

My sense is that as a proposition, Republicans are the “No, we can't” party fits pretty comfortably in most people's minds. Heading into the fall elections having that “do nothing” moniker attached to Republican candidates can't be helpful, especially when so many Americans are worried about the economy.

My sense is that as a proposition, Republicans are the “No, we can't” party fits pretty comfortably in most people's minds. Heading into the fall elections having that “do nothing” moniker attached to Republican candidates can't be helpful, especially when so many Americans are worried about the economy.

Fine...stick with that. And the Obama democrats and their 'hope' and 'change' have dug us another 4 trillion in debt and havent done **** about the economy, job market, etc.

The smart campaign slogan is "Democrats have controlled the house and senate for 45 months now...Hows that workin for ya?"

And from the Republicans they'll tout that Obama was more of the same, or something of that ilk.

No, we can't....

... raise the deficit quite as fast as the Democrats...

:mrgreen:

... raise the deficit quite as fast as the Democrats...

:mrgreen:
You have to at least give them credit for trying. One more bailout and I think they'd have got there.

Back
Top Bottom