• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Goes to Church

Compatibilist

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Obama went to church for the 4th time in 19 mos... I wonder why now or was it just time for him to listen to someone else [in public] for a change. Normally he doesn't like to hear anyone but himself talk... but made a rare exception. Perhaps it's because the message was ABOUT HIM... the "messiah", whom he obviously adores very much.

Seriously... there's no wrong time to go to church.... Amen to you Bro.

Obama goes to church to hear a Muslim speaker! | The Post & Email

Obama went to church for the 4th time in 19 mos... I wonder why now or was it just time for him to listen to someone else [in public] for a change. Normally he doesn't like to hear anyone but himself talk... but made a rare exception. Perhaps it's because the message was ABOUT HIM... the "messiah", whom he obviously adores very much.

Seriously... there's no wrong time to go to church.... Amen to you Bro.

Obama goes to church to hear a Muslim speaker! | The Post & Email

Funny that.

I don't recollect anybody keeping count of how often any other Prez did or did not "attend church."

So, exactly why should I give a big fat rat's ass?

You know, I'd rather he didn't.

Being super religious, does not make one a better leader.

Being Super Religious, does not make one a better citizen.

Being Super Religious, does not give one higher standards, or a higher moral Authoritah!

cartman-500-x-341.jpg

In fact it's been proven time and time again, many who get on their religious high moral soapbox and tell us how we should be living... turn out to be self loathing hypocrites. People like George Rekers.

Why the hell does the President of the United States need to go to church?

BECAUSE WE'RE A CHRISTAIN NATION! You say?

Well sort of. I'd say the vast majority aren't all that Devout...

A little reachout to the Muslim community in a Christain setting? Well shoot me in the ****ing face, it's proven! He's a muslim now for sure!

Last edited:
Just found the timing interesting and wondered if the motivation was politics, spirituality or both. Don't really know details of service or if there was a muslim speaker... if so, it was a good strategy to appease both non-christians and christians. No one ever said he was stupid. I think the reason it was widely reported from the right... was to emphasize he doesn't go often and another attempt to make him look bad. In a non election year... doubt it would have been noticed or reported.

It's a funny thing -- much in the same way as believing in the existence of any deity (or a particular deity with a particular scripture to sell) is a matter of faith, so also is how we choose to evaluate someone's apparent belief in such a deity.

In other words, just as there is no concrete evidence that god exists, there is also no concrete evidence as to what the President's motivation was for choosing this particular time and day to ostensibly pay homage to a higher power.

As such, speculation is pointless beyond a meaningless attempt to score another point at "the messiah's" expense.

Back
Top Bottom