• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Goes to Church After Newsmax, Huckabee Story

Councilman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Obama really is dumb to go to Church directly after being called out on his sudden lack of attendance.
He would have been better served had he just restated his claim that he stiopped attending because of his fear he would disrupt the Church.

I did some checking and and the one he went to is not what he is used to with Rev. Wright where the message is always Black Liberation Theology based where he Preaches his Anti-American, Anti-Constitution, Anti-Capitalism, and Anti-White People ideas.

Obama Goes to Church After Newsmax, Huckabee Story
Monday, 20 Sep 2010 10:17 AM

By: Jim Meyers

On Friday, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said in an exclusive Newsmax interview that President Obama could deal with doubts about his faith by “leading the example of attending worship.”

The former Arkansas governor and presidential candidate also slammed President Obama, saying he has been treating Muslims better than Jews and Christians. [See story and video: Huckabee: Obama Treats Muslims Better Than Jew, Christians.]

Huckabee's complaint apparently shook up the White House over the weekend.

On Sunday, Obama attended services at St. John’s Episcopal Church in Washington, just the third time he has worshipped in public since he took office.

Politico.com columnist Ben Smith noted the connection, suggesting that the Newsmax story motivated Obama's sudden interest in church.

Obama really is dumb to go to Church directly after being called out on his sudden lack of attendance.
He would have been better served had he just restated his claim that he stiopped attending because of his fear he would disrupt the Church.

I did some checking and and the one he went to is not what he is used to with Rev. Wright where the message is always Black Liberation Theology based where he Preaches his Anti-American, Anti-Constitution, Anti-Capitalism, and Anti-White People ideas.
He's been bashed from the right since the very beginning of his presidency about not attending church often enough. He could have picked damn near any point in time to attend a church and the right wingers would have said it's a PR stunt to counteract the recent criticism coming from talking heads.

I'd be glad if he stayed out of church as much as possible. The last time I had a president talk to god we ended up in Iraq.BBC - Press Office - George Bush on Elusive Peace

Coffee%20Mug%20-%20Far%20Side%20Damned%20if%20You%20Do%20Dont_2.jpg

I don't really care about Obama's church attendance. I am worried about his theology and political beliefs more.

He's been bashed from the right since the very beginning of his presidency about not attending church often enough. He could have picked damn near any point in time to attend a church and the right wingers would have said it's a PR stunt to counteract the recent criticism coming from talking heads.

I'd be glad if he stayed out of church as much as possible. The last time I had a president talk to god we ended up in Iraq.BBC - Press Office - George Bush on Elusive Peace

As I said he'd have done better to just restate why he doesn't go. It really is too bad, but them's the breaks.

As I said he'd have done better to just restate why he doesn't go. It really is too bad, but them's the breaks.

As I said. People on the right would berate him for it regardless. I say he quits worrying about what moron's on the right, like Huckabee, say and just do whatever the hell he wants in regards to church attendance.

Point is, you're wrong. you called him dumb just for attending church just because there so happened to be another article written about he hasn't been attending church. There are always a few articles floating around about him not attending church. The chances that this one in particular forced him to go to church are close to nil. Just another BS story right on cue before election time. Trust me, Matt Drudge is very proud, lol.

I guess it upset some people that he did what they were complaining he hadn't been doing.

What I want to know is whether or not he had a flag pin on his lapel or if he replaced it with a cross or a pair of hands clasped in prayer.

This is important stuff here.

Why should that be considered dumb. People don't necessarily go to church because they are being criticized that they don't. Look at Bush. He was elected on the basis that he was supposed to be such a good Christian, during his 8 years as president he only went occasionally. Reagan did not even go to church, yet those that criticize Obama for his lack of church attendance, seem to look the other way as they continue to idolize Reagan.

Why would be have been better served? Why does it matter whether he goes or not. It didn't matter with Bush, and he proclaimed to have heard from God. Maybe God gave him a pass?

Why would he go back to Rev Wright's church. He left it when the "right" made such a big todo about Wright being racist. And, Rev Wright does not preach anti-American, Anti-Constitution, Anti-Capitalism and anti-white people. That is just the repeated mantra of the Limbaughs and the right-wing nuts who repeat what they hear without giving it much thought. The Teabaggers are the ones exhibiting much hate for blacks and anti- Constitution suggestions, but those with a closed mind don't seem to notice.

Surely he can find a politcally-motivated liberation theology church in D.C.

Surely he can find a politcally-motivated liberation theology church in D.C.

Surely his religion is a private matter that he doesn't have to answer to anyone else about.

That is a cheap shot worthy of Beck himself.

Cheap shot? He went to a liberation theology church for 20 years. It's obvious that's the kind of church he enjoys.

I'll wait for the Christopher Ruddy book to come out. I need a good doorstop.

That would be true if he wasn't trying to mix politics with religion.
You say that like he's the first person to have ever done that.

I don't have to look any further than your avatar to know how ridiculous that is.

You say that like he's the first person to have ever done that.

I don't have to look any further than your avatar to know how ridiculous that is.

No, I say that as a matter of fact. My avatar was bought by Redress.

Cheap shot? He went to a liberation theology church for 20 years. It's obvious that's the kind of church he enjoys.

Actually, the church was affiliated with the United Church of Christ. I have no idea about denominations, but I do know that UCC is mostly a white denomination.

Actually, the church was affiliated with the United Church of Christ. I have no idea about denominations, but I do know that UCC is mostly a white denomination.

How does that have anything to do with what I said?

No, I say that as a matter of fact. My avatar was bought by Redress.
Non-responsive answer.

Politicians of every stripe have been mixing religion into politics ever since there has been religion and politics.

How is he mixing politics with religion?

Uh....yeah...you just got that memo? Read up on his spiritual advisor Jim Wallis.

since when was religion important in running a country? Like a previous poster stated last time a president thought he talked to God we ended up in a war...That's exactly WWJD.

Uh....yeah...you just got that memo? Read up on his spiritual advisor Jim Wallis.

I don't care who his spiritual adviser is, I want to know what he has done to mix politics with religion.

Back
Top Bottom