• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Goes to Church After Newsmax, Huckabee Story

I don't care who his spiritual adviser is, I want to know what he has done to mix politics with religion.

duh! he went to church. :roll:

Last edited:
That would be true if he wasn't trying to mix politics with religion.

I think you are confused. The only ones trying to mix politics with religion are the Republicans - ergo, the "religious right"!

Even so, they are so warped in their thinking. They idolize Reagan who never went to church but demonize Carter, who is a Christian, teaches Sunday School and goes to church regularly.

They will be hateful for the sake of being hateful - no matter what Obama does. Example, your post.

But...Carter was the wrong type of Christian....

But...Carter was the wrong type of Christian....
Yeah, he was a "true" Christian as opposed to a "fake" one like some conservatives.

If he doesn't go to church he's a Muslim. If he goes to church it's just a cover up because he's a Muslim duh.

I don't care who his spiritual adviser is, I want to know what he has done to mix politics with religion.

Health care bill, redistribution of the wealth/more taxes on the rich...

And it's too bad that you refuse to hear what Jim Wallis says. He's just like Rev. Wright. They believe that government-forced redistribution of wealth is what Jesus Christ's gospel was all about.

The fortunate who are among us combine forces with the less fortunate to become agents of change for God who is not pleased with America’s economic mal-distribution! (Trinity United Church of Christ's mission statement)

If Obama didn't agree (and he does, of course...)...

"It's not that I'm punishing your success. I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everyone." - Obama talking to Joe the Plumber (I assume you don't need a source for this since you've probably seen the video a thousand times)

OBAMA FIRES A 'ROBIN HOOD' WARNING SHOT - NYPOST.com

....he wouldn't have gone to Rev. Wright's church for 20 years nor would he choose Jim Wallis as his spiritual advisor. When you have two people VERY close to the President (one who was like a father to him) and the other who is by his side in the White House, you can't just put their thoughts to the side and pretend they don't matter.

The gospel of Christ wasn't about politics or government at all. When Jesus said to help the poor and the widows, He didn't mean to create giant government beauocracies to force people to help the poor and widows. It's an individual, personal thing. Personal charity changes the world because people who freely give are good people. People who are forced to give aren't required to change their hearts.

If he doesn't go to church he's a Muslim. If he goes to church it's just a cover up because he's a Muslim duh.

Not all people who dislike Obama's policies think he's a Muslim. Let's not paint with broad strokes. I tend to think his religion is politics more than about God or Jesus. He just uses God and Jesus to justify his policies....weird.

Health care bill, redistribution of the wealth/more taxes on the rich...

And it's too bad that you refuse to hear what Jim Wallis says. He's just like Rev. Wright. They believe that government-forced redistribution of wealth is what Jesus Christ's gospel was all about.

The fortunate who are among us combine forces with the less fortunate to become agents of change for God who is not pleased with America’s economic mal-distribution! (Trinity United Church of Christ's mission statement)

If Obama didn't agree (and he does, of course...)...

"It's not that I'm punishing your success. I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everyone." - Obama talking to Joe the Plumber (I assume you don't need a source for this since you've probably seen the video a thousand times)

OBAMA FIRES A 'ROBIN HOOD' WARNING SHOT - NYPOST.com

....he wouldn't have gone to Rev. Wright's church for 20 years nor would he choose Jim Wallis as his spiritual advisor. When you have two people VERY close to the President (one who was like a father to him) and the other who is by his side in the White House, you can't just put their thoughts to the side and pretend they don't matter.

The gospel of Christ wasn't about politics or government at all. When Jesus said to help the poor and the widows, He didn't mean to create giant government beauocracies to force people to help the poor and widows. It's an individual, personal thing. Personal charity changes the world because people who freely give are good people. People who are forced to give aren't required to change their hearts.

Are you planning to answer the question, or are you going to continue to evade and smear with irrelevancies to that question? How is Obama mixing politics with religion?

Why should that be considered dumb. People don't necessarily go to church because they are being criticized that they don't. Look at Bush. He was elected on the basis that he was supposed to be such a good Christian, during his 8 years as president he only went occasionally. Reagan did not even go to church, yet those that criticize Obama for his lack of church attendance, seem to look the other way as they continue to idolize Reagan.

Why would be have been better served? Why does it matter whether he goes or not. It didn't matter with Bush, and he proclaimed to have heard from God. Maybe God gave him a pass?

Why would he go back to Rev Wright's church. He left it when the "right" made such a big todo about Wright being racist. And, Rev Wright does not preach anti-American, Anti-Constitution, Anti-Capitalism and anti-white people. That is just the repeated mantra of the Limbaughs and the right-wing nuts who repeat what they hear without giving it much thought. The Teabaggers are the ones exhibiting much hate for blacks and anti- Constitution suggestions, but those with a closed mind don't seem to notice.

Now you see in lieu of having a cogent well thought out intelligent argument you Liberals have to resort to name calling.

I am not going to stoop to your level and call you names because jealous people, like dope-fiends, stoop to the lowest level and in the end inspire only disgust and loathing.

Obama admits he's a Muslim in his own words:YouTube - Re: Obama Admits Muslim Faith

Classic Freudian slip. Want to call it A Freudian slip? Go ahead that is defined as; A verbal mistake that is thought to reveal an unconscious belief, thought, or emotion. In other words the truth.

This country will be better off when a question of what religion a president follows is treated with the same attention as to whether he wears a white shirt or a blue one

Now you see in lieu of having a cogent well thought out intelligent argument you Liberals have to resort to name calling.

I am not going to stoop to your level and call you names because jealous people, like dope-fiends, stoop to the lowest level and in the end inspire only disgust and loathing.

Obama admits he's a Muslim in his own words:YouTube - Re: Obama Admits Muslim Faith

Classic Freudian slip. Want to call it A Freudian slip? Go ahead that is defined as; A verbal mistake that is thought to reveal an unconscious belief, thought, or emotion. In other words the truth.

How about classic partisan hackery? Of course you won't acknowledge that was taken out of context.

As far as the right-wing is concerned, Obama is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Just a bunch of hate-filled people if you ask me!

Back
Top Bottom