• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama goes on tirade against Trump over Muslim ban, 'radical Islam'[W:530]

Re: Obama goes on tirade against Trump over Muslim ban, 'radical Islam'

Obama cant stand a lot of people, maybe even most people, but Trump is at the top of the list.

Watching him fret and whine is fun.

Almost as much fun as watching Trumpettes embarrass themselves defending all of Trump's rhetoric.

Trump did call it.

This IS victim culture, crying over the victims was supposed to be the only thing on his mind.

Well, according to some that and guns....

Trump did call it.

A real ****ing genius calling a terrorist attack. In other news, Trump predicted the Sun will rise from the east. :roll:

Trump did call it.

Come to think of it, since he knew about it, he obviously was either in on it or should be arrested for not stopping it.

If they support terrorists they are our enemy, if they dont we disagree with them is the way I read it.

If only it was that simple, right? Just any terrorists or "radical Islamic terrorists"? What about secular terrorists? Also what happens if you'r country is ruled by radical interpretation of Sharia, but you dont support any terrorist groups? Are you still "radical Islamists"?

Trump did call it.
Yea... Donald was really ahead of the curve on the "terrorism is bad thing". “It’s like your doctor saying, ‘Yo, dude, I totally called it, you do have cancer.’ But he didn’t just tweet, he redirected the diarrhea from his Twitter account to his face-hole at a press conference,” https://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/la...-for-post-orlando-tweet-who-brags-about-this/

A real ****ing genius calling a terrorist attack. In other news, Trump predicted the Sun will rise from the east. :roll:

Dang Top Cat! You beat me to it! Almost verbatim too! My exact thoughts. Even the sun rise part. LOL

Silly Trumpers! LOL

I predict that tomorrow will be Wednesday! I will check back in 24 hours to see if I was right.

If only it was that simple, right? Just any terrorists or "radical Islamic terrorists"? What about secular terrorists? Also what happens if you'r country is ruled by radical interpretation of Sharia, but you dont support any terrorist groups? Are you still "radical Islamists"?
What is a secular terrorist? Was the Orlando killer a 'secular' terrorist?

I dont thing I have seen anyone claim that it is simple. I have heard people say that we need to have proper priorities and a sensible framework of principles, which The Professor clearly lacks, along with most of the rest of the global policy elite .

I do sir! I am relieved that you do too.

Do you think that validating these terrorists by labeling them as Islamic, (instead of the thugs, thieves and cowards they are,).
How does this "validate" the terrorist?

This was not the act of a thug, thief or coward. It was the act of a terrorist. At least we got that part (the important part) right.

What does Trump hope to gain? He's scoring some easy political points right now not because a change in how we label these terrorists is going to make a huge impact on the war (or whatever nonsense Obama was spouting) - but because Obama's refusal to do so is just plain silly.

What is a secular terrorist?
I guess I'll have point out the obvious again to you for the second time today. A secular terrorist is a terrorist who commits terror not in the name of religion. Examples of this are such groups as Symbionese Liberation Army, Carlos the Jackal, Animal Liberation Front, ETA, FARC.

Was the Orlando killer a 'secular' terrorist?
Nope. Seems to be a radical Islamic terrorist.

How does this "validate" the terrorist?

This was not the act of a thug, thief or coward. It was the act of a terrorist. At least we got that part (the important part) right.

What does Trump hope to gain? He's scoring some easy political points right now not because a change in how we label these terrorists is going to make a huge impact on the war (or whatever nonsense Obama was spouting) - but because Obama's refusal to do so is just plain silly.

View attachment 67202788

Conservatives are idiots. We all know this.

Anyone who does not agree with us are idiots, who probably should be shunned.

THis is the new American Way.

IT. SUCKS.

We used to be better.

Not enough people know this.

I dont thing I have seen anyone claim that it is simple. I have heard people say that we need to have proper priorities and a sensible framework of principles, which The Professor clearly lacks, along with most of the rest of the global policy elite .

So what happens if Obama declares we are at war with "radical Islam"? What message would that send to radical Islamic countries that we are buddy buddy with? Such as Saudi Arabia?

I guess I'll have point out the obvious again to you for the second time today. A secular terrorist is a terrorist who commits terror not in the name of religion. Examples of this are such groups as Symbionese Liberation Army, Carlos the Jackal, Animal Liberation Front, ETA, FARC.

Nope. Seems to be a radical Islamic terrorist.
See, that wasn't so hard to say now was it. Why does your president and so many of your pals on the left have such difficulty? Perhaps you might point out the obvious to them.

Anyone who does not agree with us are idiots
Yeah, well... when people run out of arguments, they resort to name calling and Star Trek pics.

So what happens if Obama declares we are at war with "radical Islam"? What message would that send to radical Islamic countries that we are buddy buddy with? Such as Saudi Arabia?

You sound like one of those idiots who looks at the closet in the morning and decides what to put on based upon what you think your friends would like to see. We decide what we do, and then everyone else can pitch in with their opinions if they must.

But what do I think they will say? I think they will conclude that they have underestimated America, and they will be happy to see that we found our balls.

See, that wasn't so hard to say now was it.
Ive said it multiple times here.

Why does your president and so many of your pals on the left have such difficulty? Perhaps you might point out the obvious to them.
1.)Your president as well....
2.)For the reasons laid out here in the OP. And:
"Obama thinks declaring a war against "radical Islam" could backfire and alienate potential Muslim allies... But Obama's refusal to mention "radical Islam" isn't just, or even primarily, about political correctness. Instead, it's about strategy and the war of ideas — to effectively fight terrorism, Obama wants to win, or at least not fully alienate, "hearts and minds" in the Muslim world. And he thinks framing the conflict in religious terms would hurt that effort — a belief his predecessor George W. Bush had shared... Translation: Obama thinks a presidential declaration of a war on "radical Islam" will just make the US more enemies, and will hurt its effort to discredit terrorist ideologies. Hillary Clinton made a similar point in last November's Democratic debate, saying that framing the conflict as a war on radical Islam is "not particularly helpful to make the case" to "Muslim countries" (though, again, she appears to have dropped her objections to it, judging by her latest comments Monday morning). Other commentators are even more explicit, pointing out that there are a whole lot of Muslims out there in the world who could conceivably be characterized as "radical Islamists" — the term is not exactly rigorously defined — but who are uninterested in attacking the West, and could in fact be valuable allies against terrorists. These include ordinary citizens as well as more organized Islamist groups and current or previous governments in countries like Saudi Arabia and Egypt." Why Republicans want Obama to denounce "radical Islam" — and why he won't do it - Vox

Generally speaking, it's much more difficult to solve a problem if one doesn't properly define the problem. If the problem is "Radical Islamists", then one looks at different solution spaces than if the problem is "Mental Health", or "guns", or "weak leadership", or "poor diplomacy". Words actually mean something, and avoiding certain phrases not to offend "potential allies" is just repeating the cycle of failure. After all, if these potential allies are inherently against acts of violence done in the name of their religion, shouldn't they be ashamed and angry at the perversion of their beliefs and volunteer aid in stamping out such extremism? If not, then I fail to see what phrase is used to describe the acts will be a deciding factor.

Generally speaking, it's much more difficult to solve a problem that you continually make worse.

ISIS wants to make this fight between the west and Islam. The US wants to make the fight between the civilized world, and brutal extremists. People who want to make this fight about Islam are on the same side as ISIS.

Do you really think that people fighting on our behalf don't know who the enemy is? They had this guy on the watch list even though he had never committed a crime. He was on the watchlist because he was at risk of being radicalized. That means that WE ARE LOOKING AT RADICAL MUSLIMS. WE KNOW WHO THE ENEMY IS!!! Now thinking isn't always easy, but just think about the constitutional issues involved in putting someone under surveillance for watching youtube videos or exercising free speech. We are pushing the envelope, and idiots who want to make this more overt are endangering this country.

Anyone who does not agree with us are idiots, who probably should be shunned.

THis is the new American Way.

IT. SUCKS.

We used to be better.

Not enough people know this.

I listen to Hannity now and then. Conservatives are idiots.

I listen to Hannity now and then. Conservatives are idiots.

Do you think it could be DNA related?

You sound like one of those idiots who looks at the closet in the morning and decides what to put on based upon what you think your friends would like to see. We decide what we do, and then everyone else can pitch in with their opinions if they must.

But what do I think they will say? I think they will conclude that they have underestimated America, and they will be happy to see that we found our balls.

So when we declare "war on radical Islam" our allies who are "radical Islamic countries" will just accept that and it will cause not strain in our relationship because we "found our balls"?

Quick everyone look over here at these awesome mirrors and this mystical screen of smoke. While you are busy dancing as they pull your strings about how to label things big brother is working on the final narrative and manipulating the so call facts to support their story.

Christ no wonder we have two egomaniac lying pieces of human waste representing the best our two party system has to offer.

Ive said it multiple times here.

1.)Your president as well....
2.)For the reasons laid out here in the OP. And:
"Obama thinks declaring a war against "radical Islam" could backfire and alienate potential Muslim allies... But Obama's refusal to mention "radical Islam" isn't just, or even primarily, about political correctness. Instead, it's about strategy and the war of ideas — to effectively fight terrorism, Obama wants to win, or at least not fully alienate, "hearts and minds" in the Muslim world. And he thinks framing the conflict in religious terms would hurt that effort — a belief his predecessor George W. Bush had shared... Translation: Obama thinks a presidential declaration of a war on "radical Islam" will just make the US more enemies, and will hurt its effort to discredit terrorist ideologies. Hillary Clinton made a similar point in last November's Democratic debate, saying that framing the conflict as a war on radical Islam is "not particularly helpful to make the case" to "Muslim countries" (though, again, she appears to have dropped her objections to it, judging by her latest comments Monday morning). Other commentators are even more explicit, pointing out that there are a whole lot of Muslims out there in the world who could conceivably be characterized as "radical Islamists" — the term is not exactly rigorously defined — but who are uninterested in attacking the West, and could in fact be valuable allies against terrorists. These include ordinary citizens as well as more organized Islamist groups and current or previous governments in countries like Saudi Arabia and Egypt." Why Republicans want Obama to denounce "radical Islam" — and why he won't do it - Vox

Obama wont say it because he is a moral coward. Your post is nothing but rationalizations for that cowardice.

Yeah, well... when people run out of arguments, they resort to name calling and Star Trek pics.

And personal attacks on those giving voice to ideas that they dont like but cant refute, it goes beyond label placing, it generates attempts to destroy the other speakers when the ideas they present cant be destroyed.

If that fails they try to outlaw the speech they dont like.

Fantasy dies hard, as well dreams of Utopia.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom