• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama gets blind-sided at town hall

Al this still begs the question, what should Obama have done? What would people be saying today if he had not approve a stimulus package and things were as they are now or worse?

Therefore, if you want to blame anyone for this economy, blame private enterprise. We were the ones who got it wrong.

Wasn't necessarily saying I agreed with their statements, just simply pointing out that saying the Government is hindering the economy and that private enterprise is the engine that drives the economy is not necessarily contradictory statements.

The lady in the video is on Hardball tonight. Will be replayed in about an hour. I really like her.

If Obama could do lovely things to raise prices, he would be heralded as the savior of the economy. Of course, i believe you mistake what it truly means to raise prices.

Seriously you First you don't spell Very Extreme Liberal "Libertarian"

Secondly: What color is the sky in the fantasy world of the Lost Liberals?

Al this still begs the question, what should Obama have done?

Direct lending from the start would have likely resulted in a quick end to the recession. But as I noted earlier, that can lead to real big problems later on. To be frank, absolutely nothing the GOP has offered would have worked aside from McCain's Communist government mortgage plan. Tax cuts have never resolved a financial recession. And the spending he enacted just reduced the pain, it did not fix the recession.

What would people be saying today if he had not approve a stimulus package and things were as they are now or worse?

Obama was basically screwed from the start. You know just as well as I that the fake fiscal conservatives here would be clamoring for his head if he didn't push a stimulus.

I agree with you, but it's been my observation that President Obama has done everything in his power to avoid such conversations since taking office. 99% of his public appearances are speeches where he refuses to take questions after. He rarely does any press conferences, and only does town halls that he deems relatively safe.

Absolutely true. It's about time one of his own confronted him. Hats off to her! Put him in front of 100 people [on both side]s and he'd fall on his face just like this time. Nearly every time you turn on the TV, Obama's face is there talking at one group or another. It's all about HIM... in fact he refers to himself 132 times in this latest rant.

Breitbart.tv » 132: The Number of Times Obama Refers to Himself in One Speech

Back
Top Bottom