• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Flag Resurfaces at March on Washington

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By: Rachel Pulaski
August 25, 2013

430x362xobama-on-american-flag.jpg.pagespeed.ic.01TodqG_l7.jpg
Photo from Twitchy

Yesterday a U.S Flag whose stars were replaced with a picture of President Obama resurfaced at the March On Washington.

- See more at:
Obama Flag Resurfaces at March on Washington | The Gateway Pundit
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
"It's a cult of personality to show his face, like Stalin or Mao," John Masterjohn, a Marine veteran from Leesburg, told the Orlando Sentinel at the time. "It's despicable. They don't realize how sick they are."

According to the veterans, the flag violated U.S. code that prohibits “marks, insignia, letters, words, figures, designs, picture or drawings of any nature."
Read more:
Obama flag makes comeback at March on Washington - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

But that's okay it's only Obama's face replacing the field of blue and the Union. <Sarc>

§176. Respect for flag​

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor. • (a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

• (b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
• (c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
• (d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
• (e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
• (f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
• (h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
• (i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
• (j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
• (k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.​

Source:
USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - United States Code

Defently a violation of the Federal Flag Code.

How many minutes elapsed before an American finally asked that obvious hate America lib to strike her color's in respect to the 1.7 million American soldiers, sailors, Marines and airmen who died defending the other flag ?

By: Rachel Pulaski
August 25, 2013

430x362xobama-on-american-flag.jpg.pagespeed.ic.01TodqG_l7.jpg
Photo from Twitchy

Yesterday a U.S Flag whose stars were replaced with a picture of President Obama resurfaced at the March On Washington.

- See more at:
Obama Flag Resurfaces at March on Washington | The Gateway Pundit
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
"It's a cult of personality to show his face, like Stalin or Mao," John Masterjohn, a Marine veteran from Leesburg, told the Orlando Sentinel at the time. "It's despicable. They don't realize how sick they are."

According to the veterans, the flag violated U.S. code that prohibits “marks, insignia, letters, words, figures, designs, picture or drawings of any nature."
Read more:
Obama flag makes comeback at March on Washington - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

But that's okay it's only Obama's face replacing the field of blue and the Union. <Sarc>[/QUOT

I would suggest that they think twice before ever again making a mockery of our flag! Too many have died defending it, including members of my family! :2mad:

Defently a violation of the Federal Flag Code.

How many minutes elapsed before an American finally asked that obvious hate America lib to strike her color's in respect to the 1.7 million American soldiers, sailors, Marines and airmen who died defending the other flag ?

I don't know. Maybe Captain Adverse will tell us.

I'm lying here on my couch in pain with two f'ed up knees from a mortar blowing me though the air in '93. I doubt it's going to get any better any time soon. I fought for and under that flag, well, not that flag.

But, I'm more worried about what the people that would do that to the flag or agree its okay are doing to what the flag stands for, rather than just the flag itself. Disrespect of our country and degrading of others is now the acceptable and preferred form of protest.

Truly? Let them do it. That is part of the freedom the real flag stands for and part of what I fought for. Doesn't mean I have to like or accept it though.

What's next? Burning the Constitution or at least what it stands for? Oh... Wait...

Last edited:
oh noes, not the flaaaaag!!!

palin-tea-party-flag.jpg
images

4054935048_American_TEA_Party_Flag_25_xlarge.jpeg
palin_flag.jpg

Abe-Lincoln-Flag-72107379532.jpeg

.... Let them do it. That is part of the freedom the real flag stands for and part of what I fought for. Doesn't mean I have to like or accept it though.......
That's exactly what my grandfather who fought in WW2 and my father who fought in Korea believed, too. :)

Last edited:
oh noes, not the flaaaaag!!!

Seriously. Exactly.

Don't like them doing it either, but again, I go back to the part of my other post you quoted.

Imagine? There's hypocrisy in both parties. Who'da thunk it? :werd

(I laughed hard at the flag wearin' mullet.)

Seriously. Exactly.
Yes, indeed.

Don't like them doing it either, but again, I go back to the part of my other post you quoted.

Imagine? There's hypocrisy in both parties. Who'da thunk it? :werd

I laughed hard at the flag wearin' mullet.

Yes, there is....but thats freedom, too. lol

I'm lying here on my couch in pain with two f'ed up knees from a mortar blowing me though the air in '93. I doubt it's going to get any better any time soon. I fought for and under that flag, well, not that flag.

But, I'm more worried about what the people that would do that to the flag or agree its okay are doing to what the flag stands for, rather than just the flag itself. Disrespect of our country and degrading of others is now the acceptable and preferred form of protest.

Truly? Let them do it. That is part of the freedom the real flag stands for and part of what I fought for. Doesn't mean I have to like or accept it though.

What's next? Burning the Constitution or at least what it stands for? Oh... Wait...

That argument that we fought so the others can burn or disrespect the flag was first used during the tail end of the Vietnam war. It sounds good and all, but that's not what we were fighting for.

For us who have served the flag represents something else. And it goes beyond the Stars and Stripes. Which Army Regiment still lives in disgrace because they still haven't recovered their Regimental colors that was captured by the enemy during the Korean War ?

Look at the list of Union soldiers who were awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor during the Civil War for just capturing the battle flag of the enemy or carrying the Stars and Stripes into combat.
I'm just going to go through those names that start with the letter "A."

ALLEN, ABNER P.
Rank and organization: Corporal, Company K, 39th Illinois Infantry. Place and date: At Petersburg, Va., 2 April 1865. Entered service at: Bloomington, Ill. Birth: Woodford County, Ill. Date of issue: 12 May 1865. Citation: Gallantry as color bearer in the assault on Fort Gregg.

ALLEN, NATHANIEL M.
Rank and organization: Corporal, Company B, 1st Massachusetts Infantry. Place and date: At Gettysburg, Pa., 2 July 1863. Entered service at: Boston, Mass. Birth: Boston, Mass. Date of issue: 29 March 1899. Citation: When his regiment was falling back, this soldier, bearing the national color, returned in the face of the enemy's fire, pulled the regimental flag from under the body of its bearer, who had fallen, saved the flag from capture, and brought both colors off the field.

ADAMS, JAMES F.
Rank and organization: Private, Company D, 1st West Virginia Cavalry. Place and date: At Nineveh, Va., 12 November 1864. Entered service at: ------. Birth: Cabell County, Va. Date of issue: 26 November 1864. Citation: Capture of State flag of 14th Virginia Cavalry (C.S.A.)

ANDERSON, CHARLES W.
Rank and organization: Private, Company K, 1st New York (Lincoln) Cavalry. Place and date: At Waynesboro, Va., 2 March 1865. Entered service at: ------. Birth: New Orleans, La. Date of issue: 26 March 1865. Citation: Capture of unknown Confederate flag.

ANDERSON, EVERETT W.
Rank and organization: Sergeant, Company M, 15th Pennsylvania Cavalry. Place and date: At Crosbys Creek, Tenn., 14 January 1864. Entered service at: Philadelphia, Pa. Birth: Louisiana. Date of issue: 3 December 1894. Citation: Captured, single-handed, Confederate Brig. Gen. Robert B. Vance during a charge upon the enemy.

ERSON, FREDERICK C.
Rank and organization: Private, Company A, 18th Massachusetts Infantry. Place and date: At Weldon Railroad, Va., 21 August 1864. Entered service at:------Birth: Boston, Mass. Date of issue: 6 September 1864. Citation: Capture of battle flag of 27th South Carolina (C.S.A.) and the color bearer.

ANDERSON, THOMAS
Rank and organization: Corporal, Company I, 1st West Virginia Cavalry. Place and date: At Appomattox Station, Va., 8 April 1865. Entered service at: ------. Birth: Washington County, Pa. Date of issue: 3 May 1865. Citation: Capture of Confederate flag.

APPLE, ANDREW O.
Rank and organization: Corporal, Company I, 12th West Virginia Infantry. Place and date: At Petersburg, Va., 2 April 1865. Entered service at: ------. Birth: Northampton, Pa. Date of issue: 12 May 1865. Citation: Conspicuous gallantry as color bearer in the assault on Fort Gregg.

BACON, ELIJAH W.
Rank and organization: Private, Company F, 14th Connecticut Infantry. Place and date: At Gettysburg, Pa., 3 July 1863. Entered service at: Berlin, Conn. Birth: Burlington, Conn. Date of issue: 1 December 1864. Citation: Capture of flag of 16th North Carolina regiment (C.S.A.).

Medal of Honor Recipients - Civil War (A-L)

Since the end of the Vietnam war, Congress has tried numerous times to make it a criminal offense to desecrate the American flag. Guess who always kills the bill and uses that same BS argument that American soldiers die on the battlefield so some leftist can desecrate the American Flag ? It's total BS.

That argument that we fought so the others can burn or disrespect the flag was first used during the tail end of the Vietnam war. It sounds good and all, but that's not what we were fighting for.

For us who have served the flag represents something else. And it goes beyond the Stars and Stripes. Which Army Regiment still lives in disgrace because they still haven't recovered their Regimental colors that was captured by the enemy during the Korean War ?

Look at the list of Union soldiers who were awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor during the Civil War for just capturing the battle flag of the enemy or carrying the Stars and Stripes into combat.

ALLEN, ABNER P.
Rank and organization: Corporal, Company K, 39th Illinois Infantry. Place and date: At Petersburg, Va., 2 April 1865. Entered service at: Bloomington, Ill. Birth: Woodford County, Ill. Date of issue: 12 May 1865. Citation: Gallantry as color bearer in the assault on Fort Gregg.

ALLEN, NATHANIEL M.
Rank and organization: Corporal, Company B, 1st Massachusetts Infantry. Place and date: At Gettysburg, Pa., 2 July 1863. Entered service at: Boston, Mass. Birth: Boston, Mass. Date of issue: 29 March 1899. Citation: When his regiment was falling back, this soldier, bearing the national color, returned in the face of the enemy's fire, pulled the regimental flag from under the body of its bearer, who had fallen, saved the flag from capture, and brought both colors off the field.

ADAMS, JAMES F.
Rank and organization: Private, Company D, 1st West Virginia Cavalry. Place and date: At Nineveh, Va., 12 November 1864. Entered service at: ------. Birth: Cabell County, Va. Date of issue: 26 November 1864. Citation: Capture of State flag of 14th Virginia Cavalry (C.S.A.)

ANDERSON, CHARLES W.
Rank and organization: Private, Company K, 1st New York (Lincoln) Cavalry. Place and date: At Waynesboro, Va., 2 March 1865. Entered service at: ------. Birth: New Orleans, La. Date of issue: 26 March 1865. Citation: Capture of unknown Confederate flag.

ANDERSON, EVERETT W.
Rank and organization: Sergeant, Company M, 15th Pennsylvania Cavalry. Place and date: At Crosbys Creek, Tenn., 14 January 1864. Entered service at: Philadelphia, Pa. Birth: Louisiana. Date of issue: 3 December 1894. Citation: Captured, single-handed, Confederate Brig. Gen. Robert B. Vance during a charge upon the enemy.

ERSON, FREDERICK C.
Rank and organization: Private, Company A, 18th Massachusetts Infantry. Place and date: At Weldon Railroad, Va., 21 August 1864. Entered service at:------Birth: Boston, Mass. Date of issue: 6 September 1864. Citation: Capture of battle flag of 27th South Carolina (C.S.A.) and the color bearer.

ANDERSON, THOMAS
Rank and organization: Corporal, Company I, 1st West Virginia Cavalry. Place and date: At Appomattox Station, Va., 8 April 1865. Entered service at: ------. Birth: Washington County, Pa. Date of issue: 3 May 1865. Citation: Capture of Confederate flag.

APPLE, ANDREW O.
Rank and organization: Corporal, Company I, 12th West Virginia Infantry. Place and date: At Petersburg, Va., 2 April 1865. Entered service at: ------. Birth: Northampton, Pa. Date of issue: 12 May 1865. Citation: Conspicuous gallantry as color bearer in the assault on Fort Gregg.

BACON, ELIJAH W.
Rank and organization: Private, Company F, 14th Connecticut Infantry. Place and date: At Gettysburg, Pa., 3 July 1863. Entered service at: Berlin, Conn. Birth: Burlington, Conn. Date of issue: 1 December 1864. Citation: Capture of flag of 16th North Carolina regiment (C.S.A.).

Since the end of the Vietnam war, Congress has tried numerous times to make it a criminal offense to desecrate the American flag. Guess who always kills the bill and uses that same BS argument that American soldiers die on the battlefield so some leftist can desecrate the American Flag ? It's total BS.

Good morning, APACHERAT. :2wave:

This was one of the most impressive posts I have ever read! :thumbs: Thanks for all your research, and for taking the time to post it. We get outraged today when a foreign enemy burns or otherwise desecrates our flag, but it's okay if some here feel they have the right to do so? Why? That must be changed! Freedom also means they have the right to leave this Country and find another more to their liking, although I question whether any other country would allow them to desecrate their flag, either! :peace:

meh, this just proves that somewhere stupidity, patriotism, and obama love were all present in a single individual. Granted I'm no vet. but I don't get why someone would be so horribly offended by this. Its just not worth the effort. It would be different if it were a swastika instead of obamas face, or if a flag were being burned as part of a demonstration of hatred for the US. This is just an overzealous simpleton showing their support in what they see as the most patriotic way possible. I wouldn't do it, I wouldn't recommend it, but I also wouldn't be offended by it.

Its not like obama designed it, unlike the tea party and their version.

I think this young lady "wears" the colors much better than President Obama does, but I see no material difference between what she's doing with the flag and what that Obama supporter is doing.

For the record, I'm a veteran and I have no problem with what either of them are doing.

america-bikini-girl-stars-and-stripes-Favim.com-523607.jpg

ALLEN, ABNER P.

ALLEN, NATHANIEL M.

ADAMS, JAMES F.

ANDERSON, CHARLES W.

ANDERSON, EVERETT W.

ERSON, FREDERICK C.

ANDERSON, THOMAS

APPLE, ANDREW O.

BACON, ELIJAH W.

Good morning, APACHERAT. :2wave:

This was one of the most impressive posts I have ever read! :thumbs: Thanks for all your research, and for taking the time to post it. We get outraged today when a foreign enemy burns or otherwise desecrates our flag, but it's okay if some here feel they have the right to do so? Why? That must be changed! Freedom also means they have the right to leave this Country and find another more to their liking, although I question whether any other country would allow them to desecrate their flag, either! :peace:

To be fair, flags were a more important matter during the Civil War and the Medal of Honor was given out much more easily as well, some men received the medal simply for agreeing for another term of service.

27th Maine Volunteer Infantry Regiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course these medals were later struck from the record but it speak to the different standards during that time, in addition to the fact that more Medals of Honor have been awarded in the Civil War than during all other US wars combined. And if you count the Medals of Honor received during the various actions in the Indian Wars you'll see a similar different standard and a massive number of medals awarded.

Anyway, every American has the right to burn the flag, or place its image on anything they want to, the flag is not sacred.

To be fair, flags were a more important matter during the Civil War and the Medal of Honor was given out much more easily as well, some men received the medal simply for agreeing for another term of service.

27th Maine Volunteer Infantry Regiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course these medals were later struck from the record but it speak to the different standards during that time, in addition to the fact that more Medals of Honor have been awarded in the Civil War than during all other US wars combined. And if you count the Medals of Honor received during the various actions in the Indian Wars you'll see a similar different standard and a massive number of medals awarded.

Anyway, every American has the right to burn the flag, or place its image on anything they want to, the flag is not sacred.

On the CMO link I provided you can read one citation where a soldier during the 1870's was awarded the CMO and the citation read, "Chased down an Indian and shot him in the back."

John Kerry did something similar in Vietnam and all he got was just a frickin a Silver Star. One night three NVA soldiers with fixed bayonets were attacking my position and I got jack #### because I did what was expected of me.

To tens of millions of Americans the American flag is sacred. Ank any Marine who was on Iwo Jima or the ten or so thousand sailors who were off shore when a few Marines and a sailor raised Old Glory on top of Mt. Suribachi.

The American flag has been dumbed down during the past forty five years. If anyone wants to burn the Stars and Stripes, just don't do it if I'm around. There's not a jury in America who would convict for what I would do, except maybe in San Fransisco.:lol:

I think this young lady "wears" the colors much better than President Obama does, but I see no material difference between what she's doing with the flag and what that Obama supporter is doing.

For the record, I'm a veteran and I have no problem with what either of them are doing.

View attachment 67152719

Unless the young lady is in distress, she's in violation of the U.S. Flag Code. Her top is upside down !

meh, this just proves that somewhere stupidity, patriotism, and obama love were all present in a single individual. Granted I'm no vet. but I don't get why someone would be so horribly offended by this. Its just not worth the effort. It would be different if it were a swastika instead of obamas face, or if a flag were being burned as part of a demonstration of hatred for the US. This is just an overzealous simpleton showing their support in what they see as the most patriotic way possible. I wouldn't do it, I wouldn't recommend it, but I also wouldn't be offended by it.

Its not like obama designed it, unlike the tea party and their version.

Obama in his book, "Dream From My Father" he said "I never looked upon myself as an American but as an internationalist."

Obama doesn't rate to be associated with the American flag.

From Barack Obama telling why he refused to wear the American flag lapel pin to not puting his hand over his heart during the playing of the National Anthem. Hillary Clinton and all of the other Democrat candidates didn't have a problem with putting their hand over their heart but Obama did.

Just like Michelle Obama say she has never been proud of America before until her husband won the Democrat nomination.

It has always bothered me that the teabaggers lay claim to that flag, as it is most certainly not theirs to claim.
If anything, the flag stands against them and the corporate tyrants that pull their puppet strings.

Other than reading about it's history recently, I only knew of the flag from the series Jericho.
In that series, the mayor that flew the flag fought against the very people that the tea party represent.

Gadsden flag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That flag officialy known as the Gadsden Flag was the first flag adopted by the U.S. Marines during the Revolutionary War. It was also suppose to be the emblem of the U.S. Marines but John Paul Jones had other ideas.

I saw the Rev. Al Sharpton being interviewed on Fox News a few years ago. He claimed that it was the TEA Party who created the flag. Must be revisionism in the works.

On the CMO link I provided you can read one citation where a soldier during the 1870's was awarded the CMO and the citation read, "Chased down an Indian and shot him in the back."

John Kerry did something similar in Vietnam and all he got was just a frickin a Silver Star. One night three NVA soldiers with fixed bayonets were attacking my position and I got jack #### because I did what was expected of me.

To tens of millions of Americans the American flag is sacred. Ank any Marine who was on Iwo Jima or the ten or so thousand sailors who were off shore when a few Marines and a sailor raised Old Glory on top of Mt. Suribachi.

The American flag has been dumbed down during the past forty five years. If anyone wants to burn the Stars and Stripes, just don't do it if I'm around. There's not a jury in America who would convict for what I would do, except maybe in San Fransisco.:lol:

What would you do exactly? I'm pretty sure most juries would convict for murder or assault regardless if the person was burning a flag.

Also John Kerry did a little more than chase a guy and shoot him in the back

"For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action while serving as Officer in Charge of United States Navy Patrol Craft Fast 94 and officer in Tactical Command of an operation in the Republic of Vietnam. On 28 February 1969, Patrol Craft Fast 23, 43 and 94, in conjunction with Underwater Demolition Team 13 and Vietnamese Regional and Popular Forces personnel, conducted an operation on the Ca Mau Peninsula as part of Operation SEA LORDS. While transiting the Bay Hap River en route to an insertion point along the Dong Cung River, these craft with thirty Regional/Popular Force personnel embarked in each unit came under heavy enemy small arms fire from the river banks. The Officer in Tactical Command, Lieutenant (junior grade) KERRY directed his units to turn to the beach and charge the Viet Cong positions. Lieutenant (junior grade) KERRY expertly directed the fire of his craft at the fleeing enemy while simultaneously coordinating the insertion of the embarked troops. While the Regional and Popular Forces conducted an area sweep, Patrol Craft Fast 43 remained on station to provide fire support and Patrol Craft Fast 23 and 94 moved upstream to investigate an area from which gunshots were coming. Arriving at the area, Lieutenant (junior grade) KERRY's craft received a B-40 rocket close aboard. Once again Lieutenant (junior grade) KERRY ordered his units to charge the enemy positions and summoned Patrol Craft Fast 43 to the area to provide additional firepower. Patrol Craft Fast 94 then beached in the center of the enemy positions and an enemy soldier sprang up from his position not ten feet from Patrol Craft Fast 94 and fled. Without hesitation Lieutenant (junior grade) KERRY leaped ashore, pursued the man behind a hootch and killed him, capturing a B-40 rocket launcher with a round in the chamber. Lieutenant (junior grade) KERRY then led an assault party and conducted a sweep of the area while the Patrol Craft Fast continued to provide fire support. After the enemy had been completely routed, all personnel returned to the Patrol Craft Fast to withdraw from the area. While backing off the beach, these units again came under a hail of fire, this time from the opposite river bank. Lieutenant (junior grade) KERRY immediately coordinated the firepower of his units and supressed the enemy fire. Later, after disembarking personnel, and while exiting from the Bay Hap River, the Patrol Craft Fast were again under fire. Lieutenant (junior grade) KERRY immediately maneuvered his craft through several strafing runs which completely silenced the enemy. As a result of this operation, ten Viet Cong were killed and one wounded with no friendly casualties. In addition, numerous sampans, structures and bunkers were destroyed as well as confiscation of substantial quantities of combat essential supplies. Lieutenant (junior grade) KERRY's devotion to duty, courage under fire, outstanding leadership, and exemplary professionalism directly contributed to the success of this operation and were in keeping with the highest traditions of the Unites States Naval Service."

Anyway like I was, the MoH has changed over time and its much tougher to get one than it used to be. Almost all MoH citation from the pre-WW1 era would not be considered MoH worthy today, and many of those same awards don't even have citations. Like this guy:

List of Medal of Honor recipients for the Indian Wars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
With 5 other men he waded in mud and water up the creek to a position directly behind an entrenched Cheyenne position, who were using natural bank pits to good advantage against the main column . This surprise attack from the enemy rear broke their resistance

Flanking the enemy alone would not be considered MoH worthy today, and all five of those guys got MoHs for that one action.

Back
Top Bottom