• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama first President ever to not see single year of 3% growth

KLATTU

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
On Thursday the Commerce Department announced that the US economy expanded at the slowest pace in two years. GDP growth rose at an anemic 0.5% rate after a paltry 1.4% fourth quarter advance.

Ronald Reagan brought forth an annual real GDP growth of 3.5%.
Barack Obama will be lucky to average a 1.55% GDP growth rate.

This ranks Obama as the fourth worst presidency on record.

SIMPLY THE WORST=> Obama is First President Ever to Not See Single Year of 3% GDP Growth

On Thursday the Commerce Department announced that the US economy expanded at the slowest pace in two years. GDP growth rose at an anemic 0.5% rate after a paltry 1.4% fourth quarter advance.

SIMPLY THE WORST=> Obama is First President Ever to Not See Single Year of 3% GDP Growth

That's not bad. Reagan inherited a poor situation, but it wasn't the Great Recession.

I'm not surprised that Obama could only pull half of what Reagan did.

If the Republicans had co-operated (meaning not filibustering 69 times) then you would have stellar numbers and Reprobates loosing office like you do now hopefully.

If you put these numbers up to the graph of the crash I think you'll see a stellar performance.

T

If the Republicans had co-operated (meaning not filibustering 69 times) then you would have stellar numbers and Reprobates loosing office like you do now hopefully.
e.
"OBJECTION! Speculation."

"Sustained."

WE know that the ARRA did not produce anything close to the stellar numbers the OA promised, so the Republicans wisely put the kibosh on a second round of it.

Only an idiot( HI OBAMA VOTERS!) would want MORE of what wasn't working in the first place.

That's not bad. Reagan inherited a poor situation, but it wasn't the Great Recession.

If you put these numbers up to the graph of the crash I think you'll see a stellar performance.
Lol, what's not surprising is that once again, it's someone else's fault. I'm surprised you didn't name GWB. :roll:

"OBJECTION! Speculation."

"Sustained."

WE know that the ARRA did not produce anything close to the stellar numbers the OA promised, so the Republicans wisely put the kibosh on a second round of it.

Only an idiot( HI OBAMA VOTERS!) would want MORE of what wasn't working in the first place.

You don't get stellar from a crash you slow down and check the speedometer after you've recovered the vehicle.

By put the kibosh on it do you mean the sixty nine filibusters?

Lol, what's not surprising is that once again, it's someone else's fault. I'm surprised you didn't name GWB. :roll:

Read again. Sure he did.

You don't get stellar from a crash you slow down and check the speedometer after you've recovered the vehicle.

I have no idea what you're talking about, but Republicans did what the voter wanted. Those people are elected too, right?
Do you remember 2010, ak worst shellacking in history? What does that tell you about the far left 2008 Obama agenda?

Its the great recession BECAUSE of Obama and his disastrous policies and helathcare law.

You DO realize that, right ??

Lol !!!

Its the great recession BECAUSE of Obama and his disastrous policies and helathcare law.

You DO realize that, right ??

That makes literally no amount of sense. The Great Recession happened before Obama became president and years before the ACA was passed.

Approval rating 51%
Presidential Approval Ratings -- Barack Obama | Gallup Historical Data & Trends
Dow nearly 3x up since its lowest point

Not to mention the eventuality of winning the white house, and perhaps both houses as well.

That makes literally no amount of sense. The Great Recession happened before Obama became president and years before the ACA was passed.

We've blown through 8 Trillion plus in 8 years, have a record low labor particpation rate and haven't had a single year with more than 3% GDP increase WHILE having 8 years of record low interst rates.

The economy is still on life support and yes, thats due to Obama and his disastrous healthcare law and policies

Approval rating 51%
Presidential Approval Ratings -- Barack Obama | Gallup Historical Data & Trends
Dow nearly 3x up since its lowest point

Not to mention the eventuality of winning the white house, and perhaps both houses as well.

Lol. .

Yea, years of QE snd ZIRP pushed investors out of fixed yields and into a equities market propped up by the FEDs asset purchases.

Investors would rather speculate than risk their princple in a Obama economy.

The rich getting richer...." Yay Obama " !!

We've blown through 8 Trillion plus in 8 years, have a record low labor particpation rate and haven't had a single year with more than 3% GDP increase WHILE having 8 years of record low interst rates.

The economy is still on life support and yes, thats due to Obama and his disastrous healthcare law and policies

I am not surprised when no one can pass a budget but that is not Obama's fault. That does not make any sense, the LFPR is now recovering and of course it is going to go down during a recession, the LFPR is also at approximately the level it was in the mid 70s which is the average between 1950 and now. If the healthcare law destroyed the economy why is it only growing now after it was actually passed 2 years after the actual recession?

Last edited:

Are you still using that excuse after 7 years?

When did it become "The Great Recession"?

I am not surprised when no one can pass a budget but that is not Obama's fault. That does not make any sense, the LFPR is now recovering and of course it is going to go down during a recession, the LFPR is also at approximately the level it was in the mid 70s which is the average between 1950 and now. If the healthcare law destroyed the economy why is it only growing now after it was actually passed 4 years after the actual recession?

LFPR is not recovering, not in any substantial amount and a lack of a budget is irrelevent.

And where is the economy growing ? Maybe in Texas, but we've seen 10's of thousands of layoffs due to oil prices bottoming out

The ACA is a law that by design targets the discretionary income of the Middle Clasa and puts undo burdens on bussineses in the way of tax increases and regulations Nation wide

Targeting the discretionary income of the middleclass with foolish legislation is a great way to kill a econony

Obama increased taxes on Captal gains and through the EPA has targeted the Coal industry and coal fired power plants which drive up the cost of energy and kills jobs.

He couldn't get the economy going with years of record low interest rates and there's a good reason for that

He did but covertly by referring to 2008 as "The Great Recession".

LFPR is not recovering, not in any substantial amount and a lack of a budget is irrelevent.

And where is the economy growing ? Maybe in Texas, but we've seen 10's of thousands of layoffs due to oil prices bottoming out

The ACA is a law that by design targets the discretionary income of the Middle Clasa and puts undo burdens on bussineses in the way of tax increases and regulations Nation wide

Targeting the discretionary income of the middleclass with foolish legislation is a great way to kill a econony

Obama increased taxes on Captal gains and through the EPA has targeted the Coal industry and coal fired power plants which drive up the cost of energy and kills jobs.

He couldn't get the economy going with years of record low interest rates and there's a good reason for that

He is getting it going, it has been growing and unemployment is growing down while the LFPR goes up, statistical measures show the the economy is recovering despite everything you have said.The ACA has done nothing except allow several million Americans to actually get health insurance and burn money on poor digital infrastructure but it does not have the economic impacts you are describing. Health insurance rates were increasing even before the introduction of the ACA, it just now that people blame it on the ACA.

Coal needed to die, America needs economic restructuring and coal is good place to start.

I think he means another Democrat.

His link was specifically about Obama's high approval rating, not any other democrat, which is why I asked.

He is getting it going, it has been growing and unemployment is growing down while the LFPR goes up, statistical measures show the the economy is recovering despite everything you have said.The ACA has done nothing except allow several million Americans to actually get health insurance and burn money on poor digital infrastructure but it does not have the economic impacts you are describing. Health insurance rates were increasing even before the introduction of the ACA, it just now that people blame it on the ACA.

Coal needed to die, America needs economic restructuring and coal is good place to start.

No, he hasn't been getting it going. He doesn't know how to grow a market based economy. He oposses on principle makret based strategies that incentivize private sector investment

He had no bussiness being our President. He didn't have the experience or the wisdom but he didnt care. With him its all about his ego and ideology

His administration has been posting base propaganda disguised ( poorly ) as unemployment #s for years while tens of millions of Americans have suffered and continue to suffer

Obama cares about perpetuating his ideology, about faking his legacy, not the American people

Back
Top Bottom