• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama, First Black President, first MB President, sets Legacy by edicts as first TGP

Re: Obama, First Black President, first MB President, sets Legacy by edicts as first

No, but he has ability to withhold federal government funds, apparently. Why haven't we figured out yet that allowing the federal government to send money to state and local governments (which are taxing authorities themselves) ends in political blackmail. Why didn't we stop doing this decades ago. Why is it still legal? The answer, of course, is political corruption.

Where in the Constitution is this Authority to use funding Blackmail, and that locally spent funding, on items that are local, like schools, should flow first to Washington D.C. and then back to the states?

I don't think any such Authority exists in the Constitution.

I am not saying your statements are claiming such an authority, I am agreeing with you, that the assumed authority is simply government corruption.

This is the type of creep which will eventually destroy a Constitutional Republic.

This is a problem which needs SCOTUS repair.

-

Last edited:
Re: Obama, First Black President, first MB President, sets Legacy by edicts as first

Where in the Constitution is this Authority to use funding Blackmail, and that locally spent funding, on items that are local, like schools, should flow first to Washington D.C. and then back to the states?

I don't think any such Authority exists in the Constitution.

I am not saying your statements are claiming such an authority, I am agreeing with you, that the assumed authority is simply government corruption.

This is the type of creep which will eventually destroy a Constitutional Republic.

This is a problem which needs SCOTUS repair.

-

Not that complicated. All congress has to do is pass a law making it illegal for federal government to send money to states for any reason other than to buy something. It would go a way toward restoring states rights and putting decision making closer to the people. Every single time federal government sends money to a state it is acting outside its appropriate goal which is to provide national services.

Not that complicated. All congress has to do is pass a law making it illegal for federal government to send money to states for any reason other than to buy something. It would go a way toward restoring states rights and putting decision making closer to the people. Every single time federal government sends money to a state it is acting outside its appropriate goal which is to provide national services.

But we cannot make any progress toward those goals until the Radical Leftie Democrats and the RINOs are voted out of office!

Countdown Timer - Countdown to Jan 20, 2017 in Washington DC, District of Columbia

-

But we cannot make any progress toward those goals until the Radical Leftie Democrats and the RINOs are voted out of office!

Countdown Timer - Countdown to Jan 20, 2017 in Washington DC, District of Columbia

-

I didn't say it was easy. I said it was not complicated. For the federal government to bribe states to change their laws is one of the deepest forms of government corruption we have. I wish the states would refuse all federal money. In the long run it would provide more benefit to them than the money. But politicians don't deal with the long run.

Back
Top Bottom