• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Obama: Election Day should be a holiday [W:21]

Re: Obama: Election Day should be a holiday

Hey Obama, shut up. That is all.

Hey Henrin, add something meaningful to the conversation. That is all.

Sounds like Henrin needs a holiday.

Because we should celebrate that we are lucky enough to have the vote natch.

What a cuck.

Seriously.

What a cuck.

Seriously.

But just think about it though.

Holidays are fun.

Holidays are about doing things you wouldn't normally get to do, in your rational, boring everyday life.

Things that are crazy.

And in this case, that crazy thing can be voting for Trump :shrug:

But just think about it though.

Holidays are fun.

Holidays are about doing things you wouldn't normally get to do, in your rational, boring everyday life.

Things that are crazy.

And in this case, that crazy thing can be voting for Trump :shrug:

Then next we will end up with "Transgender Day"

It will replace Columbus Day.

****. That.

Sounds like Henrin needs a holiday.

I've been wishing for Obama to shut his face for years and yet the **** continues to run his mouth. I have no doubt a large part of the population is sick and tired of him and wants nothing more than for him shut his face.

Then next we will end up with "Transgender Day"

****. That.
Who even cares? Most of these holidays nobody gives half of a **** what it's about as long as they can get a day off.

I could care less what it is. Shoot, I'd celebrate Klan Day if it meant I could get a day off.

Who even cares? Most of these holidays nobody gives half of a **** what it's about as long as they can get a day off.

I could care less what it is. Shoot, I'd celebrate Klan Day if it meant I could get a day off.

Humans will once again be better than that.

Let's aim higher MKay?

Seriously.

What a cuck.

Seriously.

He is thinking more people will vote if the day is a holiday. I think he might have forgotten what people do on holidays.

He is thinking more people will vote if the day is a holiday. I think he might have forgotten what people do on holidays.

Brain Wattage has never been this guys thing.

A violation of the first amendment and discriminates against religions.

Isn't that slightly ironic coming from someone who advocates putting Muslims into concentration camps based solely on their religion?

Isn't that slightly ironic coming from someone who advocates putting Muslims into concentration camps based solely on their religion?

Jet... a few things:

1. A internment camp is not a concentration camp. Understand the difference.

2. The Muslim religion is evil. It is not religious discrimination when the religion discriminates against peace

3. This has nothing to do with Muslims or camps. This has to do with the left trying to manipulate more votes in their favor.

Jet... a few things:

2. The Muslim religion is evil. It is not religious discrimination when the religion discriminates against peace

3. This has nothing to do with Muslims or camps. This has to do with the left trying to manipulate more votes in their favor.

What does it say, when an extremist who wants to put Muslims in concentration camps, thinks the idea of making voting day, a holiday, would somehow tip voting in their favor because people would have the day to vote.

That's a bit... suspect.

What does it say, when an extremist who wants to put Muslims in concentration camps, thinks the idea of making voting day, a holiday, would somehow tip voting in their favor because people would have the day to vote.

That's a bit... suspect.

You purposely distort my position. Never did I advocate putting Muslims in concentration camps, not even internment camps. I merely said the idea shouldn't be dismissed.

The liberal position on making election day a holiday is just another step into compulsory voting. Simply dangerous and ludicrous thinking.

BTW, I am not an extremist. I'm a realist.

Obama: Election Day should be a holiday

Election Day should be a holiday. I love this idea.

I have hated the ever increasing "early" voting notions. Not out of some idea of voter suppression, but I believe that unless there are significant circumstances necessitating the need for early voting (you're in school so will be unable to get to your local polling place, you're deployed over seas, etc), it is in the best interest of the Republican that individuals take in the information and campaigning of all candidates through the entire process. That early voting sets up the greater potential for people to be snookered and wrongfully manipulated into casting their vote.

However, I LOVE the idea of making election day a holiday. I would prefer more people voting than less in a general sense, and having the day off just further removes that impediment.

I'd actually go a step further. I'd prefer to see it...if at least for federal employees and I'd love to find a way to transition it into the private sector...that you setup voter ID cards to be "marked" by an official stamp if you go to a polling place, and such proof of voting would need to be shown for you to be paid your holiday pay for that day. Otherwise, it would simply have been a day with LWOP.

I'd also be fine with removing Columbus Day from the current role of Federal Holidays, thus allowing a neutral impact as it relates to the costs of holidays across a year.

Moderator's Warning:
Please stop the threadjacking and stick to the topic

You purposely distort my position. Never did I advocate putting Muslims in concentration camps, not even internment camps. I merely said the idea shouldn't be dismissed.

Well let's be clear about what you said then. You did say the Japanese Camps never happened. At that point you lost what minuscule credibility you have ever had,

The liberal position on making election day a holiday is just another step into compulsory voting. Simply dangerous and ludicrous thinking.

No, it's just a holiday to make it easier for everyone to vote. I get that it scares right wing extremists such as yourself.

BTW, I am not an extremist. I'm a realist.

Wanna take a vote?

Jet... a few things:

Please do share. What are the differences?

Christians kill way more people than Muslims. So shall we send you to a camp?

https://abagond.wordpress.com/2013/04/24/are-christians-more-violent-than-muslims/

3. This has nothing to do with Muslims or camps. This has to do with the left trying to manipulate more votes in their favor

Isn't the very idea of democracy letting the people vote?

Back
Top Bottom