• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama e-mail teenager gets US ban

MetalGear

In a house by the river
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
teenager from Bedfordshire has been banned from entering the United States for life for sending a "threatening" e-mail to the White House.

Luke Angel, 17, of Silsoe, was investigated after he expressed his dislike of President Barack Obama and the US Government.

Bedfordshire police, who then visited Luke, said the e-mail was full of abusive and threatening language.

"He was told that he wouldn't be able to go to America," they added.

A spokeswoman said it was a case of a boy "being silly" and no criminal action was being taken.

BBC News - Obama e-mail teenager gets US ban

:roll:

What is there to say about that? A life ban may be a bit over the top, considering our hypocracy at the Mexican border.

What is there to say about that? A life ban may be a bit over the top, considering our hypocracy at the Mexican border.

And considering he is a kid. Great handling by the US government. A 17 year old is now on the same list as Bin Laden for those banned from entering America. /facepalm

Last edited by a moderator:
And considering he is a kid. Great handling by the US government. A 12 year old is now on the same list as Bin Laden for those banned from entering America. /facepalm

If he'd been a Mexican, you can bet your sweet ass he wouldn't have gotten a life ban. :roll:

If he'd been a Mexican, you can bet your sweet ass he wouldn't have gotten a life ban. :roll:

This is motivated by nothing except stupidity by someone or someones at DHS or State Dept. Its got nothing to do with politics or race.

Well you see it takes you to insult the Obama administration to get thrown out of the US, but squandering billions of legal citizen tax payer money is tolerable. :lol:

And considering he is a kid. Great handling by the US government. A 12 year old is now on the same list as Bin Laden for those banned from entering America. /facepalm

Hey at least this time, they told the kid that he was.. usually people just find out as they are boarding the plane.

Without knowing exactly what he wrote in the e-mail, it's hard to say whether this was warranted or not. I'm guessing not, but don't know for sure.

What was the "bad" word he used? P***k? That threw me for a loss

What was the "bad" word he used? P***k? That threw me for a loss

I was thinking the same thing, it must be a British term because I can't think of any curse word I know that starts with P and ends with K. The most disturbing part of this situation is that there is some curse out there which I dont know about!

I was thinking the same thing, it must be a British term because I can't think of any curse word I know that starts with P and ends with K. The most disturbing part of this situation is that there is some curse out there which I dont know about!

phuck was all I could figure.

We need a limey.

I'm lost people.

Someone said the kid was 12. The article said he was 17. Big age gap there.

The article said there was abusive language. If there were actual threats in the email then I understand the ban though it's a rough punishment, but not out of the realm of ordinary.

Someone said you get banned if you just criticize Obama. There's a big difference between issuing threats and criticizing and while we don't know what was in the email I find it hard to believe they'd ban him for just saying "I don't agree with you".

Where in the article does it say that he used the word p***k? I can't find it anywhere.

Last edited:
Without knowing exactly what he wrote in the e-mail, it's hard to say whether this was warranted or not. I'm guessing not, but don't know for sure.

I agree with that. Who knows what threats he might have made? Cripes, he doesn't even know himself.

More living proof that you can't fix stupid.

I'm guessing "plank", but that's not even that bad of an insult. It just means "stupid" or "idiot".

Should have been in the US when he said that.... Then they can do IRS audits only to find out he is from the UK....[/sarcasm]

"He was told that he wouldn't be able to go to America," they added.

BBC News - Obama e-mail teenager gets US ban

:roll:

Obama is trying to do that to Libertarians and Republicans. Change America to Amerika, so we won't recognize where we once came, and make it take generations to undo his damage.

Trying to make it so we can never go back, but at least we can always leave.

Last edited:
Obama is trying to do that to Libertarians and Republicans. Change America to Amerika, so we won't recognize where we once came, and make it take generations to undo his damage.

Hopefully he'll take your coloring pencils away. Then you'll really be screwed.

Trying to make it so we can never go back, but at least we can always leave.

He's trying to ban libertarians and republicans from coming to America?

Do you read your post before you click the submit button?

He's trying to ban libertarians and republicans from coming to America?

Do you read your post before you click the submit button?

Not to mention it was most likely the same procedure during Bush if not worse.. after all Kennedy was put on the no fly list..

Back
Top Bottom