• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama, Democrats got 88 percent of 2008 contributions by TV network execs, writers, r

Re: Obama, Democrats got 88 percent of 2008 contributions by TV network execs, writer

I don't believe that there's a coordinated effort, or a conspiracy, but individual reporters, editors and producers have their own personal agendas, and 90% of them have a partisan, Democratic agenda.

That would be saying each of them, knowing they are expected to be unbiased in their reporting, deliberatly and knowingly do not follow their professional ethics. I trust people in general more than that, and as a reader of many news sources the facts in all of them are almost always the same.

Re: Obama, Democrats got 88 percent of 2008 contributions by TV network execs, writer

That would be saying each of them, knowing they are expected to be unbiased in their reporting, deliberatly and knowingly do not follow their professional ethics. I trust people in general more than that, and as a reader of many news sources the facts in all of them are almost always the same.
Like most people, I trust journalists about as much as I trust used car salesman, lawyers and politicians. No one can deny that they mix facts and opinions constantly, which is unethical. Then there's sensationalism. Yet you seem to think that they're too honest to have a political agenda.

Who says these folks have anything to do with producing the news? Most of these folks probably fall in line with Hollywood that leans heavy left.

No doubt spend ten minutes with MSNBC or CNN and it'll sound real low. I got stuck in a place where I could only watch CNN the day before the Beck rally, and it was a bash Glenn Beck rally all day long, he's a joke, irrelevant, I must have herd them refer to him as a rodeo clown 15 times.

Who else but his former co-workers would be in a better position to know?

Like most people, I trust journalists about as much as I trust used car salesman, lawyers and politicians. No one can deny that they mix facts and opinions constantly, which is unethical. Then there's sensationalism. Yet you seem to think that they're too honest to have a political agenda.

If you dont trust journalists, then where do you get your news from? I'm not saying trust all journalists, and as a general rule I would never trust overtly opinionated journalists like Beck, Hannity, Dobbs, or that guy from MSNBC. However if you find a news story or a reporter who is simply interested in bringing information to the audience without drawing any opinions from that information, then I will trust them enough to check it out somewhere else. But I never trust a news story I only see in ONE place.

Who says these folks have anything to do with producing the news? Most of these folks probably fall in line with Hollywood that leans heavy left.

This is the funny thing with news today, most people are not only convinced its biased but also biased against their opinion. Most people are convinced of a 'truth' and deny reports or information to the opposite of their 'truth' and chalk it up to bias, or agendas or whatever else.

Who else but his former co-workers would be in a better position to know?

He wasn't there long. I don't know why he went to work there, or why they wanted him. You never hear him talking about all the great friends he made. I think he was just a token and they couldn't even handle that.

This is the funny thing with news today, most people are not only convinced its biased but also biased against their opinion. Most people are convinced of a 'truth' and deny reports or information to the opposite of their 'truth' and chalk it up to bias, or agendas or whatever else.

News as affirmation. I think too many look at news that way. That which doesn't affirm must be biased.

He wasn't there long. I don't know why he went to work there, or why they wanted him. You never hear him talking about all the great friends he made. I think he was just a token and they couldn't even handle that.

Actually I did hear Beck speak one time about the good people over at CNN and how they treated him very kindly.

If you dont trust journalists, then where do you get your news from? I'm not saying trust all journalists, and as a general rule I would never trust overtly opinionated journalists like Beck, Hannity, Dobbs, or that guy from MSNBC. However if you find a news story or a reporter who is simply interested in bringing information to the audience without drawing any opinions from that information, then I will trust them enough to check it out somewhere else. But I never trust a news story I only see in ONE place.
I get my news from a variety of sources but I do it with a great deal of skepticism. I also avoid pundits like Beck and Olberman.

Last edited:

Actually I did hear Beck speak one time about the good people over at CNN and how they treated him very kindly.

Where Beck had a different audience, and geared his oppinions to fit what he thought that auidence wanted to hear. Sincereity at it's best. ;) :lamo

Back
Top Bottom