• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama criticizes Kim Kardashian, Kanye West

WCH

Believer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Obama criticizes Kim Kardashian Kanye West

President Barack Obama criticized Kim Kardashian and her family, saying their reality TV shows have helped create a generation of youngsters who are obsessed with wealth and celebrity. Obama singled out socialite Kim Kardashian and her rapper boyfriend Kanye West for particular criticism in a Kindle Singles interview during a visit to one of Amazon's warehouses in Tennessee. Obama bemoaned the rise of reality TV shows and insisted celebrities who parade their wealth in front of fans have inadvertently changed the aspirations of young people.

He said, "The American dream involved some pretty basic stuff -- a good job where you felt some security, a good education ... People felt if they worked hard they could get there ... I don't think people went around saying to themselves, 'I need to have a 10,000-square-foot house' ... I think there has also been a shift in culture. We weren't exposed to the things we didn't have in the same way that kids these days are. There was not that window into the lifestyles of the rich and famous. Kids weren't monitoring every day what Kim Kardashian was wearing or where Kanye West was going on vacation and thinking that somehow that was the mark of success."

Now he done it!

Obama criticizes Kim Kardashian Kanye West

President Barack Obama criticized Kim Kardashian and her family, saying their reality TV shows have helped create a generation of youngsters who are obsessed with wealth and celebrity. Obama singled out socialite Kim Kardashian and her rapper boyfriend Kanye West for particular criticism in a Kindle Singles interview during a visit to one of Amazon's warehouses in Tennessee. Obama bemoaned the rise of reality TV shows and insisted celebrities who parade their wealth in front of fans have inadvertently changed the aspirations of young people.

He said, "The American dream involved some pretty basic stuff -- a good job where you felt some security, a good education ... People felt if they worked hard they could get there ... I don't think people went around saying to themselves, 'I need to have a 10,000-square-foot house' ... I think there has also been a shift in culture. We weren't exposed to the things we didn't have in the same way that kids these days are. There was not that window into the lifestyles of the rich and famous. Kids weren't monitoring every day what Kim Kardashian was wearing or where Kanye West was going on vacation and thinking that somehow that was the mark of success."

Now he done it!

Kim Kardashian's sex tape got her money rolling with the help of her altruistic mom.
Do you really believe her marriage to Kris Humphries was on the up-and-up?
Do you really believe Kanye will marry her?

Kim Kardashian's sex tape got her money rolling with the help of her altruistic mom.
Do you really believe her marriage to Kris Humphries was on the up-and-up?
Do you really believe Kanye will marry her?

The whole point here is that some have long suspected that if Obama ever said anything negative about his HipHop Hollywood celeb friends and donors, the party would be over for him.

Trouble is Kanye and crew didn't fit the "rich Imperialists must pay more" narrative...until now.

Obama really needs to find more important things to do with his day.

specklebang;1062138453[QUOTE said:
]Obama really needs to find more important things to do with his day.
[/QUOTE]

That would leave a lot of people with nothing to talk about.

That was the last straw. I'm done with Obama.

That was the last straw. I'm done with Obama.

Seriously.

That was one of the few worthy things I've ever heard him mutter. Reality TV has made America SUCK!

You're absolutely right. Nothing presses on my mind more than the Kardashian circus. Doesn't Obama realize that if he had a daughter, she could be just like Kim?

This too shall pass:)

That would leave a lot of people with nothing to talk about.

Seriously.

That was one of the few worthy things I've ever heard him mutter. Reality TV has made America SUCK!

Wha? You don't like Duck Dynasty? :shock:

It seems like for every reality tv show like the Kardashians or Housewives of Beverly Hills....theres a Duck Dynasty and a Honey Boo Boo. Obama chose to single out the former for their wealth and vapidness and ignored the impact that red neck shows also have on society and that is absolutely unforgivable.

A lot of people like soap operas and reality tv isn't that much different soap operas, imo. Personally, I prefer to watch movies, documentories and history shows. But.....I have watched the Kardashians and I grew to like them. My husband can't stand them. lol But then, he mostly just listens to music.

Last edited:
I've not been a fan of Obama as POTUS for the most part, but what he said here is correct and it is okay in my book for him to use the bully pulpit to say it.

Back
Top Bottom