• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama closes the Ocean.

Anyone surprised?

I am not surprised at anything that happens as a result of the GOP's government shutdown

Anyone who doesn't like what the GOP is doing to the USA because it hates President Obama should contact their Congress person and tell them to do the job that they were elected to do.

" A Conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward." ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

Last edited:
Yep, Obama closed 1100 square miles of open Ocean and tells rangers "make life as difficult as possible for people". This is what America gets for not electing an adult. Obama now closing the ocean, blames shutdown - Finance Post

More CONvoluted ranting. First it isn't 'open ocean' but a NATIONAL PARK, just like the land based ones. Reagan's prohibition on firearms in Federal property was enforced on the 'open ocean' just like at YellowStone.

CONs are reaching for straws... :roll:

I am not surprised at anything that happens as a result of the GOP's government shutdown
Closing the bay has nothing to do with a shutdown. It is simply because the de facto president is throwing a childish temper tantrum.

It is in Boehner's power to end this all.

It is the Republican's shut down, not Obama's and most of America realizes it.

The Republicans own this shutdown in its entirety. Their attempts to release hostages to show some sort of good faith are transparent. The attempts are meant to prolog the remainder of the shutdown and pick away at ACA.

They can have the ACA discussions - just not at gunpoint.

That's your opinion, which you are entitled to and which I will ignore.

My opinion is that the GOP will pay a price for this shutdown.

Closing the bay has nothing to do with a shutdown. It is simply because the de facto president is throwing a childish temper tantrum.

You should look up what "de facto" means.

Anyone who doesn't like what the GOP is doing to the USA because it hates President Obama should contact their Congress person and tell them to do the job that they were elected to do.

" A Conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward." ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

Applicable only if it actually were only the GOP who shut the government down.

And most definitely, contact ALL the Congressweasels and tell them to do their jobs.

More CONvoluted ranting. First it isn't 'open ocean' but a NATIONAL PARK, just like the land based ones. Reagan's prohibition on firearms in Federal property was enforced on the 'open ocean' just like at YellowStone.

Unfortunately there is nothing new about that, it's been going on for a long time.

Excuse me, but maybe you can explain what sort of maintenance is required to keep those 1100 square miles of Ocean open. Are they heated or air conditioned? Is there some sort of artificial lighting in them? Road maintenance? Do they perform "wave maintenance" or something?

The Republicans own this shutdown in its entirety. Their attempts to release hostages to show some sort of good faith are transparent. The attempts are meant to prolog the remainder of the shutdown and pick away at ACA.

According to two polls published yesterday, here is who owns the government shutdown from the peoples perspective.

CBS 44% say the Republicans own it
35% say President Obama and the democrats own it
17% say both parties own it or is responsible for the shutdown.

FOX 25% say the shut down is the Republican's fault
24% say it is President Obama's fault
20% say it is both the Republicans, President Obama and the Democrat's fault
17% blame it on the tea party factions
8% blame it on Senator Reid and the democratic Senate.

the main point here is you are right on the republicans shouldering most of the blame by around 10 points. But the democrats and President Obama also are shouldering much of the blame.

Now back in 1996 the polls on the American perspective on who is responsible wasn't so close as it is today. Back in 96 51% of Americans blamed the Republicans to only 28% blaming President Clinton and the Democrats. By a whopping 23 points the perspective back in 1996 were really down on the Republicans. Not so this year. A ten point difference isn't much. But these polls and the perspective of the American People are dynamic and will change constantly. Who shoulders the blame will go up and and down.

But as of today, the President isn't getting away clean. His approval rating has dropped to 41% vs. 52% who disapprove of him. This shut down is hurting the president too. It is also hurting both major parties which is fine with me. I detest those politicians in Washington who put party over country.

You should look up what "de facto" means.
I already know what it means. Everyone who is familiar with the US Constitution knows that Obama is the de facto president rather than the de jure president because he is not legally eligible to hold that position.

I already know what it means. Everyone who is familiar with the US Constitution knows that Obama is the de facto president rather than the de jure president because he is not legally eligible to hold that position.

Oh, sorry, didn't realize I was talking to a conspiracy theorist.

Oh, sorry, didn't realize I was talking to a conspiracy theorist.
I'm not talking about any conspiracy theories. Just the demonstrable facts.

Yep, Obama closed 1100 square miles of open Ocean and tells rangers "make life as difficult as possible for people". This is what America gets for not electing an adult.

Obama now closing the ocean, blames shutdown - Finance Post

I'm actually shocked that the Federal government can bar people from going on to property that they own. Property that is actually set aside specifically for Our use. It's shameful. I'm equally shocked how readily Libs and Progs support this stuff. The only effect shutdown should have on national parks is that they go unstaffed for the duration and go without services for the duration.

According to two polls published yesterday, here is who owns the government shutdown from the peoples perspective.

CBS 44% say the Republicans own it
35% say President Obama and the democrats own it
17% say both parties own it or is responsible for the shutdown.

FOX 25% say the shut down is the Republican's fault
24% say it is President Obama's fault
20% say it is both the Republicans, President Obama and the Democrat's fault
17% blame it on the tea party factions
8% blame it on Senator Reid and the democratic Senate.

the main point here is you are right on the republicans shouldering most of the blame by around 10 points. But the democrats and President Obama also are shouldering much of the blame.
·
·
·​
But as of today, the President isn't getting away clean. His approval rating has dropped to 41% vs. 52% who disapprove of him. This shut down is hurting the president too. It is also hurting both major parties which is fine with me. I detest those politicians in Washington who put party over country.

Now that the ObamaCare scam web site is beginning to function, and people are finding out what this scam is really going to cost them, I think we're going to see a big shift in the polls. People are going to realize just what it is that Obama and the Democrats are trying to force on them, and what the Republicans are trying to stop.

Last edited:
Now that the ObamaCare scam web site is beginning to function, and people are finding out what this scam is really going to cost them, I think we're going to see a big shift in the polls. People are going to realize just what it is that Obama and the Democrats are trying to force on them, and what the Republicans are trying to stop.

I'm not sure about that. Prior to the shutdown I figured 2014 would be all about Obamacare and the Repubicans would make gains in both chambers of congress. I personally think they are fighting this fight too soon. I think this fight is actually helping the ACA at this point. Now give the American people a full year under the ACA, that would make a difference. I have always said the fate of the ACA would be decided by those who had insurance previously. How they view this law, whether they were better under the old system or the new system. From what I have been able to determine so far, this group of people are becoming dissatisfied with the ACA as companies drop insurance as a benefit forcing those folks into government exchanges.

No, tying defunding to the budget or CR as is the case now, I think is a big mistake.

All Obama has to do is drop ACA. Just forget about ever doing any kind of UHC progrogram.

Signed and settled and upheld by the SCOTUS.

Now tell Boehner to do his job and let the vote happen so Americans can get back to work.

All Obama has to do is drop ACA. Just forget about ever doing any kind of UHC progrogram.

Like a bank robber "All you have to do is get me a car and the girl goes free."

Hostage tactics, not governance. And what if this actually works, what if the Dems actually completely defund and repeal Obamacare, is this going to be the last time we see this tactic? No, if it works once it will attempted again and this is NO WAY TO GOVERN A COUNTRY.

A progressive is a person of with the same description who knows how to walk forward, but refuses to walk forward unless the government uses someone else's money to pay him to do so.

Can you please link to the various records of the meetings in which Obama has met with the Republicans to amend Obamacare?

Did they have any input into the 17 major changes that all benefit the backers of Obama and were created as pay off, paybacks and bribes?

That's your opinion, which you are entitled to and which I will ignore.

My opinion is that the GOP will pay a price for this shutdown.

Most things of value carry a price.

Back
Top Bottom