• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama closes the Ocean.

I am not surprised at anything that happens as a result of the GOP's government shutdown

Anyone who doesn't like what the GOP is doing to the USA because it hates President Obama should contact their Congress person and tell them to do the job that they were elected to do.

" A Conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward." ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

Funny, guys like Ted Cruz are doing EXACTLY what they were elected to do.

Funny, guys like Ted Cruz are doing EXACTLY what they were elected to do.
How dare they?

2dl6tte.jpg

:lamo by saying nothing at all? You can't actually win a debate if you don't say anything.

Or if every thing that you and those on your side say is rejected by the majority of the American people.

Take a look at last year's election for a good example. Remember how that turned out?

Most Americans rejected the GOP and it's out of touch, running out of time 'ideas' :lamo

Don't take my word for this, check out the results. They are not a secret.

Take a look at the White House, Who's living there?

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

Last edited:
Or if every thing that you and those on your side say is rejected by the majority of the American people.

Take a look at last year's election for a good example. Remember how that turned out?

Most Americans rejected the GOP and it's out of touch, running out of time 'ideas' :lamo

Don't take my word for this, check out the results. They are not a secret.

Take a look at the White House, Who's living there?

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

:roll:

Polls about ACA prove otherwise, and contrary to popular liberal belief the ACA wasn't on the ballot.

That being said, the People's House is still controlled by Republicans....that is telling....

Funny, guys like Ted Cruz are doing EXACTLY what they were elected to do

Cruz is a loser, He's not for much, but he's against anything hat helps the average American Come back and tell me how he and the rest of the Tea Party is doing in thirty years.

Last edited:
:roll:

Polls about ACA prove otherwise, and contrary to popular liberal belief the ACA wasn't on the ballot.

That being said, the People's House is still controlled by Republicans....that is telling....

Tell us what the GOP has accomplished since 2010.

We're waiting.

Take all of the time that you need

And you won't need much.

We're waiting.

And you won't need much.

GOP doesn't control the Government. So what have the Democrats accomplished would be the better question....

We're waiting.

And you won't need much.

Well, other than stopping the democrats from steamrolling the American people I guess they haven't done much but that single success is, as evidenced by all the whining, pretty damned significant.

GOP doesn't control the Government.
So what have the Democrats accomplished would be the better question....

Correct.

The American people took a look at the GOP's ideas last November and said, "No thanks.

Don't take my word for this, take a little time and research how the GOP got it's backside handed to it last November.

Correct.

The American people took a look at the GOP's ideas last November and said, "No thanks.

Don't take my word for this, take a little time and research how the GOP got it's backside handed to it last November.

I see you didn't bother to answer the question.

You keep thinking that.

Thank you, I will.

Get back with us in about thirty years, after the GOP is reduced to a minor regional party by the massive demographic change that is coming at it right now and tell us what you think about the GOP.

I'll tell you what I think: Right now the GOP is on its way to join the Whigs.

And it doesn't need much of a push because it's digging its own hole.

Last edited:
You are technically correct. (the best kind of correct!)

However, one party is objectively more culpable in what has occurred. That would be the Republicans. Their "negotiation" has been "Can we have your house? If not, we'll burn it down!"
"No."
"Ok, half your house or we'll burn it down."
"No."
"How about we just take your garage?"
And so on.

That isn't negotiation. They had plenty of opportunity to negotiate during the legislative process where 161 GOP amendments actually got incorporated into the bill. (in exchange for zero GOP votes) Subsequently, 40+ attempts have been made to repeal the bill and a challenge before the Supreme Court.

We already negotiated. Get over it. The Democrats are not going to derail their biggest legislative effort in a decade "in exchange for" 6 weeks of continued government operations. This was never a reasonable demand.

Why did they refuse to even talk as they have refused since the day Obama was elected?

Back
Top Bottom