• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Clashes with African Host over Gay Rights.....

MMC is a conservative. Your use of the plural in this case is wildly inaccurate.

So you are one of the pro-choice, SSM supporters among Conservatives? I wish we heard more from them. All I hear is it is against Sharia oops I mean God's law.

So you are one of the SSM supporters among Conservatives? I wish we heard more from them. All I hear is it is against God's law.

I am a liberal. That does not change the fact that you extrapolated from one to many, something I just yesterday criticized a conservative for doing. Also note that many conservatives are for SSM. I know of no conservatives outside of maybe MMC who think homosexuality should be criminalized.

So you are one of the pro-choice, SSM supporters among Conservatives? I wish we heard more from them. All I hear is it is against God's law.

I am. I'm also an agnostic, so there's that....

the only exception I would keep is private employers should be free to decide for themselves if they want to insure same sex spouses.

Good to see Obama interested in the welfare of homosexuals in Africa. Because you know, the USA is a shining light in the progress for gay equality so Obama can go around the world lecturing other countries on how to handle that.

Now. I know, Obama supports gay marriage. Whoopy-doo. He is the head of state, he isn't representing himself as a personal figure when he goes and talks to other nations, he represents the USA. Does the USA have a federal gay marriage act? No. Do the majority if US states allow gay marriage? No. Only 13/50 have legalized gay marriage.

So for all intent and purposes, while being gay isn't illegal, he has no authority to go and lecture other countries on gay rights.

I think Obama should have stayed at home if he really wanted to fix this issue and put his diplomatic talents to solving the problems in his own backyard. And who goes to talk about homosexuals in Senegal? They have an infant mortality rate of 77/1000 people and malaria is going through the roof. They have BIG problems in that tiny country the least of which is gay right. Big problems like crap healthcare. So homosexuals may just not live to explore their married life because they'll die of Malaria and AIDS.

Here's an idea. Why didn't Obama go to Senegal and discuss healthcare with them? Obamacare is the staple of his presidency, isn't it? Why didn't he go there to discuss the new agreements regarding democratic progress and work out a program in how foreign aid is given to them as they accomplish certain objectives in the line of democracy and healthcare.

Seriously. This is just insane. It's freaking insane.

"We're not homophobic, we just want to put all gays in prison."

Three square meals, a cot and a steady husband. Sounds like homosexuals would volunteer for prison.

Good to see Obama interested in the welfare of homosexuals in Africa. Because you know, the USA is a shining light in the progress for gay equality so Obama can go around the world lecturing other countries on how to handle that.

Now. I know, Obama supports gay marriage. Whoopy-doo. He is the head of state, he isn't representing himself as a personal figure when he goes and talks to other nations, he represents the USA. Does the USA have a federal gay marriage act? No. Do the majority if US states allow gay marriage? No. Only 13/50 have legalized gay marriage.

So for all intent and purposes, while being gay isn't illegal, he has no authority to go and lecture other countries on gay rights.

I think Obama should have stayed at home if he really wanted to fix this issue and put his diplomatic talents to solving the problems in his own backyard. And who goes to talk about homosexuals in Senegal? They have an infant mortality rate of 77/1000 people and malaria is going through the roof. They have BIG problems in that tiny country the least of which is gay right. Big problems like crap healthcare. So homosexuals may just not live to explore their married life because they'll die of Malaria and AIDS.

Here's an idea. Why didn't Obama go to Senegal and discuss healthcare with them? Obamacare is the staple of his presidency, isn't it? Why didn't he go there to discuss the new agreements regarding democratic progress and work out a program in how foreign aid is given to them as they accomplish certain objectives in the line of democracy and healthcare.

How do you know that the President didn't discuss Senegal's health problems?

That is not even the funniest part of this. The funniest part is that MMC loves it since the guy criticized Obama. Doesn't matter what the criticism is, if you complain about Obama, you are good to him.

Swing and another miss Redress.....I luv it that the News actually Reported the incident as is and didn't give it that sugar coating you like to hear. Wherein they Pump up your man to make him seem to be more that what he actually is. But do I like Obama and know exactly what he is. Like him, Not even in the least...... Know him, 10 times more and better than anything you know about him or even could possibly know about him.

Get back to me when ya quit slurping up all Obama has to say as the Gospel. Rather than being told what to believe in.

Now did you want to try for strike two?

How do you know that the President didn't discuss Senegal's health problems?

It didn't make it in the news coverage. So either what he discussed about healthcare was fruitless or he didn't discuss it at all. And it also has no mention of foreign aid or anything of the sorts.

So from all the info I gather from the report, Obama was mostly interested to talk about gays.

This isn't why he went to Africa. The timing just happened to coincide with the rulings.

This isn't why he went to Africa. The timing just happened to coincide with the rulings.

Well the source material doesn't seem to speak of him doing anything else of national significance. Oh wait, here's something.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/28/world/africa/obama-africa-tour.html

President Obama’s journey to Africa will reach back into earlier times when Africa struggled against slavery and white domination, represented in planned visits to the island shrines of Gorée Island near Dakar, considered by some a symbol of the slave trade

Questioned about African discrimination against gays, in the wake of Wednesday’s Supreme Court decision — gays are seen as persecuted in Senegal as elsewhere on the continent — Mr. Obama responded that states should practice equal treatment for all.

So even the NYtimes has managed to highlight 2 aspects.
Obama is going to Africa to discuss about slavery and white domination... and gays. A worthwhile enterprise I find for 60-100mil $. <sarcasm>

Got the smack down? Hardly, lol. A foreign leader, from a country so backwards on homosexuality that it is criminalized, doesn't agree with his views on the presidents domestic policy. Hardly a "smack down". Typical of todays news culture though. Blow everything out of proportion. Did you criticize someone? Oh then you gave them a smack down. Bunch of crap, lol.

Didn't notice that 38 Countries just inside the African Continent. Nor the 4 that put people to death huh? I'll bet you were thinking that the Rest of the Muslims in the ME and around the World were all tolerant of gay Rights too.

I guess that part about Sall saying we are a Muslim country and we CERTAINTLY CANT HAVE IT HERE. Kinda shot Right past your conception.....huh? That for him it is not acceptable anywhere in the world.

Let me take a guess.....you thought he was joking Right? Did you catch the message that Leader was saying as a Muslim? Rhetorical question.....no need to answer. :roll:

Dude, the guy is spying on all americans legally. Do you really need to go to africa to try and make up something to whine about? You have a real Obamagate finally with him trying to capture the witness from our biggest enemies in the world. Hell, this snowden thing is actually worse than watergate by a lot, and you are worried about him and gays in africa? I do not even get what you are complaining about here. Are we supposed to be bothered because he didn't drone the guy for not decriminalizing homosexuality? IS he supposed to be the secret dictator of africa and they are ignoring him? So africa is homophobic, it is not our country and obama cannot do much about that. hell, he cannot even get americans to work together for much other than spying and killing muslims. he doesn't have to hold his head in shame over DOMA anymore with the rest of the world so give him a break.

Well news is news. Whether those on the left like, accept, or not like it. So they really do need to get over their man being picked on. Whining about it wont help!

why does fear or contempt have to be the rationality for their policy?

I find your response far more ridiculous.

couldn't they simply be misguided?

I think our policy on how we treat drug addicts pretty stupid. Is everyone that wants to continue to put heroine users in jail scared or have contempt for the users?
In answer to your question, I'd say, yeah, they are scared and have contempt. That's exactly how everyone that want to continue to jail junkies feels.

It didn't make it in the news coverage. So either what he discussed about healthcare was fruitless or he didn't discuss it at all. And it also has no mention of foreign aid or anything of the sorts.

So from all the info I gather from the report, Obama was mostly interested to talk about gays.

The report was strictly about the press conference following an hour long meeting with the Senegalese President so we don't know what was discussed in private.

I don't know - you don't know

Well news is news. Whether those on the left like, accept, or not like it. So they really do need to get over their man being picked on. Whining about it wont help!

Pick on him, but use the meaningful stuff will you. Or at least go for the relevant Obama loves fudgepackers angle. Are you really bothered Obama did not force that guy to change his country's laws to accept gays?

I am a liberal. That does not change the fact that you extrapolated from one to many, something I just yesterday criticized a conservative for doing. Also note that many conservatives are for SSM. I know of no conservatives outside of maybe MMC who think homosexuality should be criminalized.

i dont know any who "hate women" either

Didn't notice that 38 Countries just inside the African Continent. Nor the 4 that put people to death huh? I'll bet you were thinking that the Rest of the Muslims in the ME and around the World were all tolerant of gay Rights too.

I guess that part about Sall saying we are a Muslim country and we CERTAINTLY CANT HAVE IT HERE. Kinda shot Right past your conception.....huh? That for him it is not acceptable anywhere in the world.

Let me take a guess.....you thought he was joking Right? Did you catch the message that Leader was saying as a Muslim? Rhetorical question.....no need to answer. :roll:

None of that goes against anything that I said. You're just rambling on about how parts of the world are very back wards. I never sad that it wasn't.

The report was strictly about the press conference following an hour long meeting with the Senegalese President so we don't know what was discussed in private.

I don't know - you don't know

Whatever it was, it wasn't as important to Obama as the homosexuals in Senegal. Since that is what he was most keen to present and discuss. Not infancy mortality. Not poor healthcare. Not foreign aid. Not anything like that.

And he is the head of state of a country that doesn't have full gay rights to begin with. See the problem?

Apparently one can over look the phrase "criminalized homosexuality" so long as its critical of Obama?

Are you seriously so desperate for anything that you can't stand with Obama on the issue of whether or not homosexuality should be criminalized or not? Jesus. Not only that but you're OK with a Muslim Head of State implementing part of their religious law, ie Sharia Law, you're OK with that so long as it's critical of Obama?

I think you should take a hard look in the mirror and think for a moment about what's really important to you, selling out every sense of decency and integrity for a chance to launch a lame attack at Obama? Or you know having some standards?

Dude get this fact straight in your head.....the piece isn't about me or really what I think about Obama.

Its about Obama telling those in the Muslim world to accept what he says as the Word itself. Specifically those in Africa. Here he says to treat Gays equally and you with those on the left haven't even talked about how Women are treated. Let alone Gays.

Whats up with the Hypocrisy thing on treat all Equally! Did ya want to rush over the Rights of Women and Children.....so you can run Right to those that live the Gay Lifestyle. Ready to throw all the women and Children under the Bus.....just as long as those Gays get those Rights, huh?

Where is your anger about that? Whats up with the lefts hypocrisy with their mouths over such Rights of ALL others and not some specific interest group that Obama can play to here in the US.

I am. I'm also an agnostic, so there's that....

the only exception I would keep is private employers should be free to decide for themselves if they want to insure same sex spouses.
Exactly why insurance should be taken out of the workplace. Health isn't an option, so insurance shouldn't have to be either. But that's a tangent so I won't elaborate. Just read the last line and felt the need to point out that you've hit a nail on the head you may not have intended to.

Back
Top Bottom