• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama claims US drones strikes have killed up to 116 civilians

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/01/obama-drones-strikes-civilian-deaths

Barack Obama[FONT=&quot] has claimed that drone strikes, his favored tactic of war, have killed between 64 and 116 civilians during his administration, a tally which was criticized as undercounted even before Friday’s announcement. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The long-promised assessment acknowledged that the government itself does not always know how many civilians it kills and that it may revise its death tolls over time.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Between 2009 and 31 December 2015, the administration claimed that it launched 473 drone strikes that killed between what it said were 2,372 and 2,581 terrorist “combatants”.[/FONT]

Haul him before the UN World Court, and try him for war crimes.

Haul him in right after Bush and Chaney are tried for the 100,000's of civilians they killed.

Sure he sweet talks and massages numbers beyond anything resembling honesty. We know he's a lousy President and an embarrassment. But where's the crime?
I don't see it.

"Drone strikes', also known as "assassination"...

E.O. 12333 2.11 (Reagan)
Prohibition on Assassination. No person employed by or acting on behalf of the United States Government shall engage in, or conspire to engage in, assassination.

With E.O. 12036 (Carter) and E.O. 11905 (Ford) preceding it.

If Oblama hadn't been such a hardened Islamic radical himself, the count on civilians would have been closer to zero and the count could have been closer to 20,000 on enemy combatants. But, bless his heart, he didn't want to hurt anybody's feelings.

"Drone strikes', also known as "assassination"...

E.O. 12333 2.11 (Reagan)
Prohibition on Assassination. No person employed by or acting on behalf of the United States Government shall engage in, or conspire to engage in, assassination.

With E.O. 12036 (Carter) and E.O. 11905 (Ford) preceding it.

Don't be silly. It's targeted killing of combatants. That seems perfectly okay. If you had argued that it makes enemies among the populations. .. Well, that would be one thing. But this bumbo jambo is silly.

Obama has killed thousands, not just the 116 mentioned in the recent articles.

Remember the Arab Spring? What happened after he and queen Hillary declared the new democratic utopia?

They still don't know the difference between terrorists and civilians.

That's because they think the terrorists are the good guys.

Don't be silly. It's targeted killing of combatants. That seems perfectly okay. If you had argued that it makes enemies among the populations. .. Well, that would be one thing. But this bumbo jambo is silly.

We identify a leader of a group/nation we are not at war with and specifically target them for death. How is that different from assassination??

Is there anyone that believes this administration is correctly reporting this number?

Haul him in right after Bush and Chaney are tried for the 100,000's of civilians they killed.

Bush, Cheney, Rice and a few others have already been tried and convicted in a Malaysian court for their war crimes. I think it was April 2012.

After that, bad things started happening to Malaysian Airlines flights....

Is there anyone that believes this administration is correctly reporting this number?

I do not, but likely many of the gullible do believe it.

Personally I don't believe anything the administration says. There could have been zero civilians killed. They could have made up the 116 number to try to get people to accept Obama's distaste for killing muslims. If it is true then perhaps some people will learn to steer clear of terrorists so they don't become collateral damage.

I'm probably way off base here, but it seems to me that it would be so much more practical if we just developed a solid defensive and offensive foreign policy and went and killed as many of the bad guys as we could and then come back home and started enjoying our basic freedoms again. Wouldn't it be nice to go to a Super Bowl game and not have to be patted down and watched by a bunch of suits like we are terrorists?

When Obama announces that 116 civilians have been killed, I don't know whether he's bragging or complaining.

Obama has killed thousands, not just the 116 mentioned in the recent articles.

Remember the Arab Spring? What happened after he and queen Hillary declared the new democratic utopia?

After arab spring, the death tolls combined due to us meddling more than doubled the civilian deathtoll caused by bush with two wars. Granted most of these deaths were caused by the instability which allowed isis and other groups to flourish.

But hey as long as america did not do it directly who cares how high the deathtoll is right?

I'm probably way off base here, but it seems to me that it would be so much more practical if we just developed a solid defensive and offensive foreign policy and went and killed as many of the bad guys as we could and then come back home and started enjoying our basic freedoms again. Wouldn't it be nice to go to a Super Bowl game and not have to be patted down and watched by a bunch of suits like we are terrorists?

When Obama announces that 116 civilians have been killed, I don't know whether he's bragging or complaining.

You have no real understanding of the war on terror. Just killing the bad guys does not end their reign. They use propoganda to recruit, and american attacks killing civilians is the number one driver.

To defeat terrorism, you need to sway the people that harbor them over to your side, if you just go killing terrorists, one will replace him as soon as he dies, this is the same with leaders, we killed bin laden, and numerous other leaders, yet these organizations are more powerful than ever.

You have no real understanding of the war on terror. Just killing the bad guys does not end their reign. They use propoganda to recruit, and american attacks killing civilians is the number one driver.

To defeat terrorism, you need to sway the people that harbor them over to your side, if you just go killing terrorists, one will replace him as soon as he dies, this is the same with leaders, we killed bin laden, and numerous other leaders, yet these organizations are more powerful than ever.

So if they are all going to end up being terrorists anyway, why not nuke all 1.6 billion of them and be done with it. Right? Before another western innocent is killed?

Thank you for your perspective. I agree with you more than you will ever know.

My view includes mass annihilation. Children, grand children, parents, grand parents, dogs, cats, and cockroaches. When an enemy knows that it faces extinction, it often will re-evaluate its position. Examples;Japan, Germany, The American Indians, to name a few. There aren't as many of them as they want for us to believe. I know the mission can't be completed next week. My question is, "How long do you want to live this way?" How many of our basic human liberties granted to us in the Preamble to The Constitution of The United States are we willing fritter away. I don't want my grand daughter to have to live like this.

I do not believe that all the worshipers during this Ramadan are in their Mosques engaging in break out groups discussing how they can be better Americans.

Thank you for your perspective. I agree with you more than you will ever know.

My view includes mass annihilation. Children, grand children, parents, grand parents, dogs, cats, and cockroaches. When an enemy knows that it faces extinction, it often will re-evaluate its position. Examples;Japan, Germany, The American Indians, to name a few. There aren't as many of them as they want for us to believe. I know the mission can't be completed next week. My question is, "How long do you want to live this way?" How many of our basic human liberties granted to us in the Preamble to The Constitution of The United States are we willing fritter away. I don't want my grand daughter to have to live like this.

I do not believe that all the worshipers during this Ramadan are in their Mosques engaging in break out groups discussing how they can be better Americans.

I see what you mean. More Right, White, Christianity killing westward. Gee, who'd a thunk it?

I see what you mean. More Right, White, Christianity killing westward. Gee, who'd a thunk it?

Just a thought, and I could be way wrong on this, but as I remember, WE didn't start this. If they want to go back to their sand boxes and be good little camel herders, that's fine with me, but if they want to ruin the future for "ourselves and our posterity," then they are going to have realize that all decisions have consequences.

Back
Top Bottom