• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama claims US drones strikes have killed up to 116 civilians

thousands of AMERICANS have died from terror attacks,that would include children,what mr obama needs to do is carpet bomb the Euphrates valley,this is a war man ,1,400 Years of Islamic Aggression the only thing these people understand is death.

run don run
And after the cities, villages and all infrastructure are destroyed what is next?
Bombing -strafing civilians trying to escape the carnage?
Next - refuges arrive at a countries borders, (turkey is close) what then? Shoot them all??
What is the blow back?

View attachment 67203658

View attachment 67203659

I was being sarcastic, I've argued our biggest problem is moving away from total war.

I took them at face value and that you were in favor of total war??
Total war is not feasible.

What was the death toll?

KIA's? It wasn't hundreds of thousands. The insurgents never numbered in the hundreds of thousands.

KIA's? It wasn't hundreds of thousands. The insurgents never numbered in the hundreds of thousands.
What was the death toll.

Oh, Janfu, stop agonizing over this whole war thing. Nobody is going to make you go. Heck, those hayseeds rednecks out in the fly-over states will volunteer and that way you can sit at home and let their sacrifices insure your domestic tranquility and provide for your common defense and your general welfare and all those other things you so richly deserve. Don't worry, we've got it covered.

See, and that's the problem. You think War can be fought and won nicely. It can. War is ****. War is Hell, War should be avoided at ALL ****IN COSTS. But when war is inevitable, make the bastards who started it regret they ever thought they could win.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_war

Somehow that sounds like an Old Testament philosophy.

Somehow that sounds like an Old Testament philosophy.

And yet the last time we actually fought that way... we won, we've moved toward the "Oh we have to be NICE" war fighting and where has that gotten us?

Oh, and Janfu, the next time you are cutting and pasting maps, please share with us World War II Campaign maps from North Africa, Britain, Europe, Russia, Okinawa, Burma, and Japan. If you can find any others, that would be great.

Happy 4th of July, and may the blessings of Liberty be with you and your family. Tomorrow will be a good day for all of us to remember that without the victories won by us and our allies in each and every camapign and theater listed above, we would not be sitting here in our underwear playing on our silly little computers.

There is a literary device known as "satire." I use it from time to time.

So if they are all going to end up being terrorists anyway, why not nuke all 1.6 billion of them and be done with it. Right? Before another western innocent is killed?

Why would they all end up being terrorists unless we pushed them to? Our own actions of bombing an apartment complex killing numerous civilians to get one guy who made no difference to their efforts drives terrorism.

It is not ww2 where your enemies wear uniforms and openly wave their flag, they hide among the people, and use propoganda to fuel their numbers. Smarter generals have called for a different strategy for a different enemy, while losing ones have called to repeat the same failed strategy over and over because it worked in ww2, but this is not ww2. The generals in ww2 had to fight a different war from their predecessors, much like the generals now have to do the same.

Why would they all end up being terrorists unless we pushed them to? Our own actions of bombing an apartment complex killing numerous civilians to get one guy who made no difference to their efforts drives terrorism.

It is not ww2 where your enemies wear uniforms and openly wave their flag, they hide among the people, and use propoganda to fuel their numbers. Smarter generals have called for a different strategy for a different enemy, while losing ones have called to repeat the same failed strategy over and over because it worked in ww2, but this is not ww2. The generals in ww2 had to fight a different war from their predecessors, much like the generals now have to do the same.

The strategies of World War II did not fail. We won because we were not willing to lose. We weren't willing to lose because, as Americans, there was just too much to lose.

Those sick people have been barberous butchers for centuries. They were beheading infidels before we even became a country. They are twisted freaks who don't think twice about engaging in beastiality, having sex with Dancing Boys, raping small girls, and sexually enslaving Christian women. They don't want to buy BMWs or new TV sets. They don't want cooked food. They don't want indoor plumbing. They DO want to kill infidels and terrorize innocent people.

THEY CAN NOT BE APPEASED. Please stop apologizing for them. Please stop undermining the wills of brave Americans who are willing to take the battle to them. If your Avatar is any indicator, my guess is that you served.. So did I. We all took different things away from our service. I'm still mad and I still want to get even. This hallowed ground of ours is worth fighting for. It is worth dying for. I don't want for my grand daughter to have to fight the fight that this generation is afraid to fight. I'm one of those hayseed rednecks from flyover country. Like you, I did my part. Now I want and expect all of those who can to do their part.

Obama's cowardice in the face of the enemy is treason, but worse than that it is reprehensible. As bad as it hurts me to say it, Bush is not a lot better. Why would any American President ever ask one of us to go into a war that our pitiful leaders were not willing to win?

Happy 4th of July, Brother. Welcome home.

The strategies of World War II did not fail. We won because we were not willing to lose. We weren't willing to lose because, as Americans, there was just too much to lose.

Those sick people have been barberous butchers for centuries. They were beheading infidels before we even became a country. They are twisted freaks who don't think twice about engaging in beastiality, having sex with Dancing Boys, raping small girls, and sexually enslaving Christian women. They don't want to buy BMWs or new TV sets. They don't want cooked food. They don't want indoor plumbing. They DO want to kill infidels and terrorize innocent people.

THEY CAN NOT BE APPEASED. Please stop apologizing for them. Please stop undermining the wills of brave Americans who are willing to take the battle to them. If your Avatar is any indicator, my guess is that you served.. So did I. We all took different things away from our service. I'm still mad and I still want to get even. This hallowed ground of ours is worth fighting for. It is worth dying for. I don't want for my grand daughter to have to fight the fight that this generation is afraid to fight. I'm one of those hayseed rednecks from flyover country. Like you, I did my part. Now I want and expect all of those who can to do their part.

Obama's cowardice in the face of the enemy is treason, but worse than that it is reprehensible. As bad as it hurts me to say it, Bush is not a lot better. Why would any American President ever ask one of us to go into a war that our pitiful leaders were not willing to win?

Happy 4th of July, Brother. Welcome home.

I will give you a hint, I deployed to the middle east in the us army whiile you make wild claims on a forum. No middle easterner is going to wave the american flag when you killed their friends and family to get one guy, those people could not care if you killed that guy, but go from being supportive to offensive when you attack their friends and family to kill a guy that could have been as easily killed without indescriminate drone fire.

Most of what I got from your post is guilty by association, meaning if they live around or know them, they are equally as guilty. Now put that into american perspective. Would you wave the american flag if and support every action america does if your brother was a white supremecist, and instead of arresting him, they launched a missile at your family home.

Guilt by association is one of the most tyrannical things ever introduced, it is nothing more than a lame ass excuse to kill civilians rather than actually focus on those who commit the acts of terrorism.

I will give you a hint, I deployed to the middle east in the us army whiile you make wild claims on a forum. No middle easterner is going to wave the american flag when you killed their friends and family to get one guy, those people could not care if you killed that guy, but go from being supportive to offensive when you attack their friends and family to kill a guy that could have been as easily killed without indescriminate drone fire.

Most of what I got from your post is guilty by association, meaning if they live around or know them, they are equally as guilty. Now put that into american perspective. Would you wave the american flag if and support every action america does if your brother was a white supremecist, and instead of arresting him, they launched a missile at your family home.

Guilt by association is one of the most tyrannical things ever introduced, it is nothing more than a lame ass excuse to kill civilians rather than actually focus on those who commit the acts of terrorism.

Happy 4th of July! Welcome home!

Okay, pretend I'm really stupid (and if you don't have to pretend, all the better): what is it about drone strikes that make the deaths more deathier than if the killings had been carried out by fighters? Don't get me wrong, civilian deaths are bad, mkay? But why are drones particularly insidious?

So how many centuries will it take for your way to work? How many millions of Americans will die during that time period?

So how many centuries will it take for your way to work? How many millions of Americans will die during that time period?

How many wars will the us have to lose before we realize fighting the way we did in ww2 will not work because it is not the same war. The biggest progress we made in the war on terror was with general petraeus and his new coin strategy, which was all but abandoned in favor of drone strikes.

We went from a relatively peacefull iraq and afghanistan to a chaotic middle east, after barely reaching a peacefull iraq after a chaotic one. Simply put insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting different results, we tried different, and it worked, but then we reverted to doing the same thing that lost us vietnam and is making the war on terror a never ending battle.

How many wars will the us have to lose before we realize fighting the way we did in ww2 will not work because it is not the same war. The biggest progress we made in the war on terror was with general petraeus and his new coin strategy, which was all but abandoned in favor of drone strikes.

We went from a relatively peacefull iraq and afghanistan to a chaotic middle east, after barely reaching a peacefull iraq after a chaotic one. Simply put insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting different results, we tried different, and it worked, but then we reverted to doing the same thing that lost us vietnam and is making the war on terror a never ending battle.

When ISIS attacks America 50 more times, which it will, all perspective will change. This will go nuclear eventually.

When ISIS attacks America 50 more times, which it will, all perspective will change. This will go nuclear eventually.

So nuke the middle east, then russia will launch theirs, and israel theirs, and china theirs, and france theirs, then we will all be safe because the entire worlds population will be ded, great idea if only there was an entire cold war covering this:roll:

So nuke the middle east, then russia will launch theirs, and israel theirs, and china theirs, and france theirs, then we will all be safe because the entire worlds population will be ded, great idea if only there was an entire cold war covering this:roll:

Not saying we should. Just saying we will.

How many terrorist attacks will America tolerate? What if they strike an NFL game or a grade school? Are we just going to be reactive forever?

Things are going to eventually get ugly. Really ugly.

And yet the last time we actually fought that way... we won, we've moved toward the "Oh we have to be NICE" war fighting and where has that gotten us?

Yes, life is all about winning, and there is a military solution to every problem under the sun.

Not saying we should. Just saying we will.

How many terrorist attacks will America tolerate? What if they strike an NFL game or a grade school? Are we just going to be reactive forever?

Things are going to eventually get ugly. Really ugly.

Total war will do nothing to stem terrorism though, it will just increase their numbers and end up with massive civilian casualties. They are not enemies to fight openly they hide among the people and use the people as a shield. Heck lets say they nuked the middle east and it did not end in total nuclear war and the annihilation of the human race, What would stop christians and jews from strapping bombs to themselves, or the remaining muslims worldwide.

Think about it, christians and jews also view parts of the middle east as sacred land, and unless israel modified a can of batmans shark repellant to repel nukes, israel and sounding areas would be taken with it, as well as lebanon which has a heavy christian population.

Total war will do nothing to stem terrorism though, it will just increase their numbers and end up with massive civilian casualties. They are not enemies to fight openly they hide among the people and use the people as a shield. Heck lets say they nuked the middle east and it did not end in total nuclear war and the annihilation of the human race, What would stop christians and jews from strapping bombs to themselves, or the remaining muslims worldwide.

Think about it, christians and jews also view parts of the middle east as sacred land, and unless israel modified a can of batmans shark repellant to repel nukes, israel and sounding areas would be taken with it, as well as lebanon which has a heavy christian population.

Total war doesn't create terrorism.

Back
Top Bottom