• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama claims race relations have improved in the US

Obama claims race relations in the US have improved

• Agree with Obama

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Disagree with Obama

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters

NoLeftNoRight

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Obama claims race relations have improved in the US | On Air Videos | Fox News

It could go either way depending on who you ask, where you are etc

In some sense, I see people of different races trying (obviously) to be a bit more friendly probably due to the atmosphere portrayed in the media.

On the other hand, I see races clashing more as claims of social injustice seem to be more visible in the media. Perhaps the media itself is responsible for racial tensions (if any).

According to BLM and many deplorable folks - no.

I guess the country was experiencing riots and protests centered around race issues before he was president too. Oh wait. :lamo

In some sense, I see people of different races trying (obviously) to be a bit more friendly probably due to the atmosphere portrayed in the media.

On the other hand, I see races clashing more as claims of social injustice seem to be more visible in the media. Perhaps the media itself is responsible for racial tensions (if any).
I don't agree with him, at all.

I believe I've seen increased racial and bigoted activities since he's in office, and it has become more licensed and accepted in it's variance nuances and forms. The ultimate culmination of this might be Steve Bannon in the White House.

'Race' relations improve when it is realised that races do no actually exist. An entirely false and dangerous concept dreamt up about 150 years go and conclusively shown to be a big mistake by DNA profiling genetics. The reality is that there are a vast number of gene pools, all of which overlap with others.

Wherever one sees the word 'race' know that the content is worse, much worse, than useless.

I guess the country was experiencing riots and protests centered around race issues before he was president too. Oh wait. :lamo

For as long as I can remember. I'm in my 40s. Though we didn't have social media before, which definitely puts it more in the spot light.

The Lockhorns have a better relationship then the racial groups in America have right now.

Err, yes?
Since 1988
1991: Crown Heights riot – May – between West Indian immigrants and the area's large Hasidic Jewish community, over the accidental killing of a Guyanese immigrant child by an Orthodox Jewish motorist. In its wake, several Jews were seriously injured; one Orthodox Jewish man, Yankel Rosenbaum, was killed; and a non-Jewish man, allegedly mistaken by rioters for a Jew, was killed by a group of African-American men.
1991: Overtown, Miami – In the heavily Black section against Cuban Americans, like earlier riots there in 1982 and 1984.
1992: 1992 Los Angeles riots – April 29 to May 5 – a series of riots, lootings, arsons and civil disturbance that occurred in Los Angeles County, California in 1992, following the acquittal of police officers on trial regarding the assault of Rodney King.
1995: St. Petersburg, Florida riot of 1996, caused by protests against racial profiling and police brutality.
2001: 2001 Cincinnati riots – April – in the African-American section of Over-the-Rhine.
2005: Toledo, Ohio – Neo-Nazis and white supremacists marched in North Park, a mostly African-American section of town.

2009: Oakland, CA – Riots following the BART Police shooting of Oscar Grant.
2012 Anaheim, California Riot—followed the shooting of two Hispanic males
2014: Ferguson, MO riots – Riots following the Shooting of Michael Brown
2015: 2015 Baltimore riots – Riots following the death of Freddie Gray
2015: Ferguson unrest – Riots following the anniversary of the Shooting of Michael Brown
2016: 2016 Milwaukee riots – Riots following the fatal shooting of 23 year old Sylville Smith.
2016: Charlotte riot, September 20–21, Riots started in response to the shooting of Keith Lamont Scott by police

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_racial_violence_in_the_United_States
I think that he was probably referring to things like the above. Wikipedia listed 3 major riots in the GHWB years, 1 in the BC years, 2 in the GWB years, and 7 in the BHO years. Yes, it does seem like an increase. 6 in 20 years prior to Obama and 7 in 8 years since his election. Just on one list for what it is worth.

Of course it's bullchips. The democrat party relies on racism. How else are they going to get those minority votes, if everyone is treated the same? They'd lose their leverage.

If the position is that larger numbers of people than ever before are just done with the 'cause' of racism, I would say yes. If the position is that larger numbers of people dont see racism as a problem as much, I would say yes.

But what WE are seeing is 8 years of the **** cauldron of racial hatred that has been stirred vigorously. We now have full ride scholar-shipped Harvard kids protesting because of privilege. We have a bunch of race-baiters and 2nd/3rd generation freedom riders looking to make themselves relevant again and going out of their way to foment violence and hatred. We have college kids deciding that professional agitator is their desired profession. We have more people LOOKING for the opportunities to shriek racism and we see racial hatred being used as a potential political tool like never before.

The good news is...the only people it is working on is the weak minded guilt wracked white liberals. Even MOST liberals are pretty much done with the stupidity. Look in the black communities. Sure...you see SOME instances like what happened in Chicago recently...bitter angry hate filled uneducated victims of generations of failed leftists policies feeling 'empowered' to lash out. But for the most part, blacks learned 8 years of Obama got them in worse shape than they were when he started and at the end of the day he proved he didnt give even half a good **** about them.

Sharpton is threatening civil disobedience. Black congressmen threatening legislation. Blah blah blah blah blah. No one gives a ****.

In that...racial relations are improving. We are all too busy trying to survive and thrive than to worry about someone else's skin.

90% so far feel Obama's statement that race relations in the US have improved.....is incorrect

I will say race relations have improved from what they were in the 60's but that happened before Obama ever took office.

Now that Trump has made racism cool again, a lot of people have been coming out of their racist closets.

Maybe it's not so much things are "worse," but more like it's more out in the open now.

A lot has to do with media and a lot has to do with the races themselves.

I mean, after I come home from a hard day's work, kick back in the recliner and turn on my local news only to watch, yet another, drive-by or car jacking or random shooting over off of MLK Blvd, all those "Wanted" people start all looking the same to me. And it's almost an everyday occurrence. I thought those folks were supposed to be a minority? How come they seem to have the majority (almost monopoly) of all the death, doom and gloom and other anti-social behavior reports in my city? I would guess the other cities aren't much different. Maybe I am getting a little impatient. Am I becoming a "racist?" If so, will turning my TV set off help?

Of course they have. Now I didnt read the article yet so I dont know if it makes clams to why and how or specific things about race relations so my answer could change. But in general YES, race relations among normal people are better than the ever have been in my life time and the history of the country.

Only the bigots in all races are on edge because they see things are getting better in this aspect. They fear it just like the bigots are on full alert with some sexual orientation rights being protected finally.

Its no as common place for people to be racist as it once was, its not as common place for race to be a factor as it once was. Its not common place for people to frown on interracial marriage as it once was etc etc and the list goes on and on. Those are just facts.
Any problems with race and many of them are hyped up by the retarded nutters, conspiracy theorist and bigots themselves, are less then they have ever been. That's basic common sense and there's no logic to support otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom