• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Care and the Supreme Court

davidtaylorjr

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Why do liberals keep shouting that Obama Care is Constitutional the Supreme Court said so? How is that relevant to the argument that while it may be Constitutional it isn't good for the American people? What is the logic there? I guess the liberals realize they don't have a good argument for the ACA so they keep running to the Supreme Court decision on the mandate.

Let me ask you this, then. What argument do you have that the supreme court's decision is wrong or improper? You might disagree with their reasoning, but they are empowered to make that decision, not you. Or are we actually debating Marbury v Madison?

The question is Was Roberts bribed or blackmailed?

Let me ask you this, then. What argument do you have that the supreme court's decision is wrong or improper? You might disagree with their reasoning, but they are empowered to make that decision, not you. Or are we actually debating Marbury v Madison?

I'm saying the Supreme Court decision isn't even relevant to the discussion.

you are suggesting that John roberts was bribed or blackmailed?

what if he made his decision out of his own volition.

Then he's an idiot or politically motivated. Neither of which is proper for the job.

Then he's an idiot or politically motivated. Neither of which is proper for the job.

many liberals consider judges alito and scalia to have the same problems, but the only way anyone can leave the supreme court is if they choose to step down.

I'm saying the Supreme Court decision isn't even relevant to the discussion.

And neither is bad mouthing something that hasn't even taken effect yet. It's like you know it will work and that's why you can't let it happen.

And neither is bad mouthing something that hasn't even taken effect yet. It's like you know it will work and that's why you can't let it happen.

It has taken effect, and the fears are showing to be true. Anyone with half a brain who actually read the thing knew what would happen.

Why do liberals keep shouting that Obama Care is Constitutional the Supreme Court said so? How is that relevant to the argument that while it may be Constitutional it isn't good for the American people? What is the logic there? I guess the liberals realize they don't have a good argument for the ACA so they keep running to the Supreme Court decision on the mandate.

Because republicans challenged the constitutionality of the law and the supreme court said it was constitutional. Since they didn't win that argument, they started with their 42 repeal votes. Be that as it may, people had their chance to say no to the ACA and not re-elect Pres Obama but they did. The ACA is here to stay.

many liberals consider judges alito and scalia to have the same problems, but the only way anyone can leave the supreme court is if they choose to step down.

You show your case against them and I might just very well agree. In the mean time, someone needs to tell me how Roberts can use the taxing and spending clause that can only be used towards the enumerated powers when nothing about forced commerce falls under any the powers given to congress. Don't even try the commerce clause unless you can show an on going trade dispute between the 'listed' members. Of course, I have no idea how you are going to show that people not having insurance is a trade dispute between anyone.

Because republicans challenged the constitutionality of the law and the supreme court said it was constitutional. Since they didn't win that argument, they started with their 42 repeal votes. Be that as it may, people had their chance to say no to the ACA and not re-elect Pres Obama but they did. The ACA is here to stay.

This should be fun. Tell me, when you force insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions what are you making them provide for others? Service. This service is involuntary, right? You know what that means? Oh yeah, the thirteenth amendment comes into play. I love that amendment. Btw, I can do the same with businesses having to provide people with insurance coverage. :)

Are you really saying that the key to Obama's reelection was his stance on ACA, that there were millions of single issue voters regarding this bill?

You show your case against them and I might just very well agree. In the mean time, someone needs to tell me how Roberts can use the taxing and spending clause that can only be used towards the enumerated powers when nothing about forced commerce falls under any the powers given to congress. Don't even try the commerce clause unless you can show an on going trade dispute between the 'listed' members. Of course, I have no idea how you are going to show that people not having insurance is a trade dispute between anyone.

I don't know what Roberts argued in his ruling.

but roberts can use the taxing and spending clause with relation to the affordable care act because the mandate was ruled as a tax, and i presume that by using the Neccessary and proper clause as justification, the congress can use the powers of the taxing and spending clause to enforce the insurance mandate.

I don't know what Roberts argued in his ruling.

but roberts can use the taxing and spending clause with relation to the affordable care act because the mandate was ruled as a tax, and i presume that by using the Neccessary and proper clause as justification, the congress can use the powers of the taxing and spending clause to enforce the insurance mandate.

No, you can't use the necessary and proper clause. Nothing about this would be necessary to carry out the enumerated powers. People having insurance has nothing to do with making the government operational. Sorry, you aren't going to find anything. You guys are just lucky that the supreme court is so corrupt.

Voting for Obama =/= Voting for ACA. You realize that right? They voted against ACA in 2010 when they kicked the Dems out of the House that pushed it through. That being said, ALL polls are saying the country doesn't want ACA, and they have said that for years.

Many common citizens are opposed to ObamaCare but support the Affordable Care Act. LOLOL

We're now up to 72% of Americans against the Republican shutdown, and Republicans around for Newt's tantrum know it. This is what the party of Speaker Cruz and Speaker Limbaugh and hidden Speaker DeMint get.

Who cares?

72% of Americans who blame your team. Which means the Republican Lie machine is at it again but will be set straight.

We're now up to 72% of Americans against the Republican shutdown, and Republicans around for Newt's tantrum know it. This is what the party of Speaker Cruz and Speaker Limbaugh and hidden Speaker DeMint get.

Republicans didn't shut down the Government, the Democrats did because they are unwilling to compromise. Get the facts straight. And it isn't a true shutdown either.

wrong again---at least by 72% of Americans---gives us a clean CR and we might negotiate
Republicans didn't shut down the Government, the Democrats did because they are unwilling to compromise. Get the facts straight. And it isn't a true shutdown either.

There are a lot of laws SCOTUS approved which are not good for the American People. Since when was that a criteria for anything?

72% of Americans who blame your team. Which means the Republican Lie machine is at it again but will be set straight.

Whatever. When was the last time a safety net passed with popular support? Get to digging there. Medicare btw was 48%, so don't try that.

bwahahahaha...is that what Fox news is selling?

Back
Top Bottom