• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Care and the Supreme Court

Let me ask you this, then. What argument do you have that the supreme court's decision is wrong or improper? You might disagree with their reasoning, but they are empowered to make that decision, not you. Or are we actually debating Marbury v Madison?

Nice try at spin, no cigar. The question is, what is the relevance of the court decision in the argument about whether or not to continue this cluster****.

Medicare is next on Cantor's list.
Whatever. When was the last time a safety net passed with popular support? Get to digging there. Medicare btw was 48%, so don't try that.

Why do liberals keep shouting that Obama Care is Constitutional the Supreme Court said so? How is that relevant to the argument that while it may be Constitutional it isn't good for the American people? What is the logic there? I guess the liberals realize they don't have a good argument for the ACA so they keep running to the Supreme Court decision on the mandate.

Because they want to ignore the article 1 section 7 problems the ACA has.

american opinion didn't matter when it was 90% for background checks either, right? Can'tor wait till 2014.

Is there anything you guys are for that is actually constitutional? I think I have seen enough over the years to answer that question with a sound no.

why do Americans support ACA more than Obamacare?
Is there anything you guys are for that is actually constitutional? I think I have seen enough over the years to answer that question with a no.

Because they want to ignore the article 1 section 7 problems the ACA has.

The ACA has problems with the Constitution all over the place. It's almost sad how many places it violates the Constitution.

why do Americans support ACA more than Obamacare?

Why does that matter again? I'm still wondering what part of your political platform is actually constitutional. Conservatives have problems with abortion, but you guys don't have anything that isn't a problem from what I can tell. It's all unconstitutional crap from start to finish.

And the SCOTUS didn't say this why?
The ACA has problems with the Constitution all over the place. It's almost sad how many places it violates the Constitution.

Because it shows the lengths Republicans will go to destroy a Presidency. What made these people hate Obama so much? Try Citizens Divided for beginners.
Why does that matter again? I'm still wondering what part of your political platform is actually constitutional.

Because it shows the lengths Republicans will go to destroy a Presidency. What made these people hate Obama so much? Try Citizens Divided for beginners.

Well haven't been a republican for several years now, and I voted for Obama (the first time), but in a nutshell, I've come to count on the fact that what he says is the opposite of what he intends to do.

It's a bit odd how they avoided that forcing insurance companies to provide people with insurance is involuntary servitude, isn't it? Hell, it's even odder how they missed that forcing businesses to provide insurance coverage is involuntary servitude. What is perhaps the weirdest is that they think forced commerce falls under any power given to congress. WTF is that about? That is even going into all the little subsidy nonsense, which clearly the congress doesn't have the power to do anywhere.

Last edited:

Citizens United? That was a free speech ruling. What is your beef with it?

It's a bit odd how they avoided that forcing insurance companies to provide people with insurance is involuntary servitude, isn't it? Hell, it's even odder how they missed that forcing businesses to provide insurance coverage is involuntary servitude. What is perhaps the weirdest is that they think forced commerce falls under any power given to congress. WTF is that about?

Agreed but the insurance companies are right onboard with Obamacare. Obama worked it all out with them early on. They're pleased as punch, looking forward to record profits.

The two reason they didn't is 1 many of the problems weren't in the case and 2 the court is no longer really bound by the constitution.

Nice try at spin, no cigar. The question is, what is the relevance of the court decision in the argument about whether or not to continue this cluster****.

Well see, it looked like the OP was just complaining about the court. That's what he was mostly writing about. We should continue to make healthcare available to more and more people in the nation because that will give us a healthier and more productive populace. Expecting that this will happen in any way besides the middle class essentially buying healthcare for the poor is nonsense. As I keep saying, consider it an investment in your fellow Americans. It's an investment that will pay off as the middle class expands and the lower class shrinks.

Why do liberals keep shouting that Obama Care is Constitutional the Supreme Court said so? How is that relevant to the argument that while it may be Constitutional it isn't good for the American people? What is the logic there? I guess the liberals realize they don't have a good argument for the ACA so they keep running to the Supreme Court decision on the mandate.

The same people who claim Obamacare is constitutional and people just have to accept that are the same people who claim that Bush wasn't really President because the Supreme Court stole the election. One 5-4 decision is legitimate, one 5-4 decision is illegitimate - just depends on your point of view.

Your Supreme Court is incredibly political and because of that it has lost virtually all the respect it should have among the citizens of your country.

Are you really saying that the key to Obama's reelection was his stance on ACA, that there were millions of single issue voters regarding this bill?

Romney wanted to repeal Obamacare, remember? It was the first thing he was going to do once he was elected. How did that work?

Voting for Obama =/= Voting for ACA. You realize that right? They voted against ACA in 2010 when they kicked the Dems out of the House that pushed it through. That being said, ALL polls are saying the country doesn't want ACA, and they have said that for years.

Time will tell.

The same people who claim Obamacare is constitutional and people just have to accept that are the same people who claim that Bush wasn't really President because the Supreme Court stole the election. One 5-4 decision is legitimate, one 5-4 decision is illegitimate - just depends on your point of view.

Your Supreme Court is incredibly political and because of that it has lost virtually all the respect it should have among the citizens of your country.

Odd how a point of view can sometimes make you look like you don't know where you stand on most things! :shock:

I agree that our Supreme Court has changed over the years, and that is both disappointing and not in our best interest. They should never be viewed as being political! :sigh:

Good evening, CJ. Hope you are well! :2wave:

Back
Top Bottom