• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama: Buffoon In Chief

You have no basis for the claim of Obama's greatness because neither Romney or McCain were given the chance to prove themselves. Had they been given the chance and failed I would be expressing just as much displeasure with them as I do with Obama. Obama has been the most inept president of my lifetime. He's good a public relations but piss poor at governing. His signituare legislation, Obamacare, will cripple employment and damage the quality of care that Americans can look forward to in the future. A medical equipment company in Michigan has already curtailed it's research department and laid off a thousand workers because of the new tax on medical devices. That's what happens in a market driven economy. If you take money out of the private sector, that money is no longer available for the good that money does, like R&D and employment.

Just out of curiosity, what was the name of the company that layed off 1,000 workers all due to Obamacare.

You never know about the path not taken. But given the choices, Americans made the right choice; it's obvious.

Just out of curiosity, what was the name of the company that layed off 1,000 workers all due to Obamacare.

You never know about the path not taken. But given the choices, Americans made the right choice; it's obvious.

"There are also new taxes affecting West Michigan industry, in particular, that took effect this year," says a local reporter. "There's a new 2.3 percent excise tax on medical device manufacturers. According to some reports, Kalamazoo based Stryker has laid off more than a thousand people because of it--and owes the federal government upwards of $100 million dollars this year alone. Late last week a Stryker spokesperson told me that Obamacare will cost the company fully 20 percent of its total research and development investments.

"And although it's no secret that drug makers like Pfizer stand to profit billions because of the increased numbers of insured Americans and the corresponding increased need for medications--they're being hit with an excise tax as well - on brand name drugs--running in to the tens of billions of dollars."
Obamacare Medical Device Tax Causes One Company to Lay Off Over 1,000 People | The Weekly Standard

I rarely do someone else's research for them. I'm guessing you know how to use google.

GM took our money and saved the pension fund for retired auto workers and built eleven new plants in China. If they had gone through a structured bankrupsy as Romney suggested, they would have been able to restructure their business model and become profitable without attaching their mouth to the teat of government. Romney understood this because of his business background. All Obama cared about is the support of the UAW. Obama did create auto worker jobs though, in China.

Educate yourself, a couple minutes in is a speech given by the president of GM outlining their investment in the Chinese economy.

"There are also new taxes affecting West Michigan industry, in particular, that took effect this year," says a local reporter. "There's a new 2.3 percent excise tax on medical device manufacturers. According to some reports, Kalamazoo based Stryker has laid off more than a thousand people because of it--and owes the federal government upwards of $100 million dollars this year alone. Late last week a Stryker spokesperson told me that Obamacare will cost the company fully 20 percent of its total research and development investments.

"And although it's no secret that drug makers like Pfizer stand to profit billions because of the increased numbers of insured Americans and the corresponding increased need for medications--they're being hit with an excise tax as well - on brand name drugs--running in to the tens of billions of dollars."
Obamacare Medical Device Tax Causes One Company to Lay Off Over 1,000 People | The Weekly Standard

I rarely do someone else's research for them. I'm guessing you know how to use google.

You seem to rarely do research; they're hiring a lot of people.

Jobs at Stryker

You seem to rarely do research; they're hiring a lot of people.

Jobs at Stryker

Quite the contrary Sryker is a multi national company and they are reducing their workforce by 5%. Your link by the way was just the standard employment page which is incorporated into the web sites of most multi nationals. I don't doubt they are hiring some positions. Companies that large always have to deal with attrition. I'm also going to take for granted that you understand what reduce their workforce by 5% means. If you have any trouble with that, get back to me. I'll explain it to you.

You can read more about it here:

Stryker layoffs blamed on Obamacare tax - Medical Marketing and Media

Quite the contrary Sryker is a multi national company and they are reducing their workforce by 5%. Your link by the way was just the standard employment page which is incorporated into the web sites of most multi nationals. I don't doubt they are hiring some positions. Companies that large always have to deal with attrition. I'm also going to take for granted that you understand what reduce their workforce by 5% means. If you have any trouble with that, get back to me. I'll explain it to you.

You can read more about it here:

Stryker layoffs blamed on Obamacare tax - Medical Marketing and Media

So they are hiring which has been proven...yet you're saying they're reducing their workforce. Hmm... Companies that are hiring are not reducing their workforce. If you need help with such concepts as arithmetic, I'm sure you can contact someone in your hometown (provided you dont' live in Alabama or any other red states) that can explain it to you.

So they are hiring which has been proven...yet you're saying they're reducing their workforce. Hmm... Companies that are hiring are not reducing their workforce. If you need help with such concepts as arithmetic, I'm sure you can contact someone in your hometown (provided you dont' live in Alabama or any other red states) that can explain it to you.

We're hiring. We let two people go and are hiring one. Guess you think our workforce is increasing.

I'll say one thing for you. You are linear in you're thought. Please allow me to fabricate a situation you may be able to understand. Imagine a company is heavy in middle management and light on the factory floor. If they lay off a couple dozen middle managers and hire a dozen for the factory floor has their workforce increased or decreased? It's multiple choice. I'm sure you can handle it.

And I wish Palin or Bush were President and not Obama. The XL Keystone would be finished, we wouldn't have spent billions on bad ideas like Solyndra and Tesla and the recession would be over and the country back to work.

Yes and we would be bombing Syria and have a load of dirty oil with only 10000 jobs that serves Canada and big oil! Does this sound familiar!

Yes and we would be bombing Syria and have a load of dirty oil with only 10000 jobs that serves Canada and big oil! Does this sound familiar!

I doubt that we would be bombing Syria but we probably would have a foreign policy that isn't incoherent. The pipeline will be completed one day. In the mean time they have to transport the oil with trucks that burn tons of diesel fuel because some assholes would rather pollute the air with diesel fumes than an environmentally friendly pipeline.

I doubt that we would be bombing Syria but we probably would have a foreign policy that isn't incoherent. The pipeline will be completed one day. In the mean time they have to transport the oil with trucks that burn tons of diesel fuel because some assholes would rather pollute the air with diesel fumes than an environmentally friendly pipeline.

Oh really lol Bush was not a war monger, Sarah was the reason the Republicans lost! There were so many more capable women the Republicans had but they trotted out a buffon who could get through an interview. Bush well we all know how bad he was

And I wish Palin or Bush were President and not Obama. The XL Keystone would be finished, we wouldn't have spent billions on bad ideas like Solyndra and Tesla and the recession would be over and the country back to work.

actually, Bush was president ... Remember what happened? Ya want to do that again? And Palin? Are you serious? All she'd do is get on top of her bus to see if she could see Syria from there ...

This is what Fox considers news?

I would consider it news when a reporter the stature of Chris Wallace interviews the president of the United States of America no matter how much of a clown and how inept the president may be.

I'll say one thing for you. You are linear in you're thought. Please allow me to fabricate a situation you may be able to understand. Imagine a company is heavy in middle management and light on the factory floor. If they lay off a couple dozen middle managers and hire a dozen for the factory floor has their workforce increased or decreased? It's multiple choice. I'm sure you can handle it.

Are you saying that is what happened with this company?
Oh wow, the ACA is forcing them to operate smarter; shocking.

Nice fabrication though...it was a lot of fun.

Anything else?

Oh really lol Bush was not a war monger, Sarah was the reason the Republicans lost! There were so many more capable women the Republicans had but they trotted out a buffon who could get through an interview. Bush well we all know how bad he was

While I was not a Bush fan, I long for the days he was president. McCain was the reason he lost. Frankly I'm not sure who would have been worse, McCain or Obama. Palin was a competent governor who was popular in Alaska when she took the nomination. The media machine, who think they can make themselves look big by making others look small did her a disservice. She is certainly as articulate as Biden when he doesn't have his foot in his mouth. Being greengirl it surprises me you seem to be so anti woman.

Are you saying that is what happened with this company?
Oh wow, the ACA is forcing them to operate smarter; shocking.

Nice fabrication though...it was a lot of fun.

Anything else?

News paper. Try reading one.

While I was not a Bush fan, I long for the days he was president. McCain was the reason he lost. Frankly I'm not sure who would have been worse, McCain or Obama. Palin was a competent governor who was popular in Alaska when she took the nomination. The media machine, who think they can make themselves look big by making others look small did her a disservice. She is certainly as articulate as Biden when he doesn't have his foot in his mouth. Being greengirl it surprises me you seem to be so anti woman.

Sarah Palin made herself look shallow and air-headed.

Case in point; out of work politicians are often called upon to chair initiatives. Simpson-Bowles, Mitchell Commission, etc... She went off to do reality TV and even fouled it up. She was and is a disaster.

Palin is the proverbial gift that keeps on giving. As with Limbaugh, several Repub governors, Lee, Cruz, Mitch and Paul..
All more toxic than the Dem trio..
Senate Dem can-di-dates need to ask their constituents one question. Do you really want ____ to RUiN the Country?

Sarah Palin made herself look shallow and air-headed.

Case in point; out of work politicians are often called upon to chair initiatives. Simpson-Bowles, Mitchell Commission, etc... She went off to do reality TV and even fouled it up. She was and is a disaster.

It doesn't matter what you think of her. I personally would have rather seen her run our foreign policy than the current bunch. Nobody would have been more inept than Obama, Clinton, Kerry.

There are more than a few reasons to criticize President Obama. His use of the word "uh" isn't one of them. Jesus.

Lets analyze this interview, Obama is this greaaaaaaat orator, yet when his teleprompter is off, he presents himself as an idiot. Sorry but it represent his community organizer status, at best. Buffoon is an understatement.

Back
Top Bottom