• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Border Patrol chief to Trump: ‘Stay the course’ on the border wall

trixare4kids

Trix has reentered the building.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...r-patrol-chief-trump-stay-course-border-wall/

Mark Morgan, a career FBI official who served as Border Patrol chief for the last six months of the Obama administration before being removed once President Trump took office, has come out this week in support of a border wall.

Morgan, who has kept a low profile since he was forced to step down, first gave an interview to Law and Crime in which he defended the White House’s desire to build a wall along the U.S. southern border.

The morning after Trump reiterated in a prime-time address to the nation why wall funding was worth shutting down 25 percent of the federal government, Morgan told The Fix that he’s breaking his silence because, in his view, the wall is an important piece in a group of policy changes needed to secure the border.

“I was removed. I’m standing up and saying, ‘I should have disdain for them, but I don’t because they are right,' " Morgan said. “I can stand up and say they are right because it’s the right thing to do for this country. I’m begging the president to stay the course.”

Morgan’s comments, which have been widely disseminated by right-leaning media, are sure to embolden Republicans as Trump heads to Capitol Hill to encourage GOP members to stick with him as some reportedly begin to lose patience as the shutdown enters its 19th day.

So nice to hear from a for country before partisan fraud.
What say you?

Last edited:
"I found a dood!"

Allright. One guy. I don't claim to know what the stats are on polled border people - legit on the border - and other Americans. Anyone?

At the very least, there are gonna be some pissed off land owners fighting for several years to block various things. Not only did he not ask the GOP congress for his 5 billion in the last two years (THEY CONTROLLED), this is going to take forever via eminent domain suits and the like. That's just part of it.

Arrrrrgh!

And the worst bit is, we like border security! But not stupid bull. And better than either, reducing the incentive to come in the first place.

"I found a dood!"

Allright. One guy. I don't claim to know what the stats are on polled border people - legit on the border - and other Americans. Anyone?

At the very least, there are gonna be some pissed off land owners fighting for several years to block various things. Not only did he not ask the GOP congress for his 5 billion in the last two years (THEY CONTROLLED), this is going to take forever via eminent domain suits and the like. That's just part of it.

Arrrrrgh!

And the worst bit is, we like border security! But not stupid bull. And better than either, reducing the incentive to come in the first place.

He was an Obama "head dood"... but don't underestimate the number of border agents who say the same as the former head "doofus." I suppose you think these hard working people are all full of the "stupid bull" too...

Democrats ignore the wall wishes of the people who know the border best: Border agents

As agents here at the southernmost point of Texas will tell you, the way to deter smugglers from bringing in drugs and undocumented immigrants from Mexico is to install cameras, strategically place personnel, and build a physical barrier.

In the Rio Grande Valley Sector, where illegal crossing apprehensions are tens of thousands higher than anywhere else, they have pieces of all three of these. But what they’re asking for first and foremost is more wall.

“This area used to be almost unmanageable, a lot worse,” border agent Hermann Rivera told me Friday. I asked him what made the difference. “The wall,” he said.

Division chief John Morris said the same thing. When they say “wall,” they’re referring to a 25-foot-high barrier that was first built around 2005. It acts as a reinforcement for levies that help prevent flooding from the Rio Grande.

There is about 12 feet of concrete that comes up, vertical with the levee. Atop that is another 13 feet of steel slats, placed side by side.

Agents at the border say they want more of it. The White House says they can have it. Democrats say they can’t.

Funny to see the trump ass Kissers bringing up Obama....Constantly

Nothing inherently wrong with the wall, if part of a coherent national security plan.

Much wrong with pulling a number out of your ass and doing untold damage to the nation if legislators don't hand over that much money ... money you promised you wouldn't ask for.

Nothing inherently wrong with the wall, if part of a coherent national security plan.

Much wrong with pulling a number out of your ass and doing untold damage to the nation if legislators don't hand over that much money ... money you promised you wouldn't ask for.
/thread

Comparing one president to another is.. (gasp) trivial.. Oh say it isn't so dear guru..

Give me a break.

"I found a dood!"

Arrrrrgh!

Just like we need to reduce America’s demand for illegal drugs. How’s that working for you? We’ve run out of sound bites and easy solutions. The democrats whan border security that stops working when they quietly defund it, walls are hard to knock down without prople noticing.

There are viable solutions besides eminent domain. The ranchers are not as unreasonable as the media would have you think. When the wall gets there, then they can sue.

Of course, walls are effective.

Israel and Hungary, for example, have had spectacular success in protecting their nation's security.

Nancy and Chuck, no doubt, have fences around their houses, as do millions of ordinary Americans.

A shoutout to Chief Morgan, a very brave man. No doubt the Democrats will seek to punish him when they seize the government in 2020 (or earlier if their coup against President Trump succeeds).

Is that sort of like the Obama goat fu***** who do everything they can to deflect the ineptitude of their boy?

Of course, walls are effective.

Israel and Hungary, for example, have had spectacular success in protecting their nation's security.

Nancy and Chuck, no doubt, have fences around their houses, as do millions of ordinary Americans.

A shoutout to Chief Morgan, a very brave man. No doubt the Democrats will seek to punish him when they seize the government in 2020 (or earlier if their coup against President Trump succeeds).

DOH...Walls are good...DOH......A wall outside somebody's house is the same as a 5 Billion dollar one...DOH...DOH I'm afraid of the Democrats...DOH

Is that sort of like the Obama goat fu***** who do everything they can to deflect the ineptitude of their boy?

Lots of the trump lovers seem to have bad cases of Obama up the ass...Maybe the ACA will cover it?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...r-patrol-chief-trump-stay-course-border-wall/

So nice to hear from a for country before partisan fraud.
What say you?

What say me?

I say Mark Morgans opinion is pretty much as worthless, as he never worked a single day as a CBP officer on the border, as it is an obvious attempt to still curry favor, for likely personal gain, with this administration.

President Obama did not personally select Morgan for the position Morgan held for just a few months as Border Patrol Chief.

Morgan's selection was made despite rank and file CBP opposition to his being placed in that position. Probably because Morgan was the first CBP director in its 93 year history who had never worked a day as a CBP field agent.

What say me?

I say Mark Morgans opinion is pretty much as worthless, as he never worked a single day as a CBP officer on the border, as it is an obvious attempt to still curry favor, for likely personal gain, with this administration.

President Obama did not personally select Morgan for the position Morgan held for just a few months as Border Patrol Chief.

Morgan's selection was made despite rank and file CBP opposition to his being placed in that position. Probably because Morgan was the first CBP director in its 93 year history who had never worked a day as a CBP field agent.

Oh no...........Way too many Facts for these trump lovers...Still good info...Better than the Alt Right sources these idiots get their info from

How would the head of Border Patrol know anything about border security, just like border patrol officers endorsing enhancing the border barriers don't know anything about patrolling the border. Rachel Maddow is the expert on border security from her many years of experience. :roll:

Still waiting for Pelosi and Schumer to admit their voting for the 700 miles of Southern border barrier was racist and motivated by immorality.

Last edited:
Lots of the trump lovers seem to have bad cases of Obama up the ass...Maybe the ACA will cover it?

Yet here you are with a bad case of Trump up the ass. :lol:

"I found a dood!"

Arrrrrgh!

Seems we heard the same types of arguments from liberals in the ANWAR, and pipeline debates...it's always too hard so don't do it...Well, we saw that was BS.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What say me?

Link for the above information?

Back
Top Bottom