• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama blasts BP: 'We will bring those responsible to justice'

Hoplite

Technomancer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Obama blasts BP: 'We will bring those responsible to justice' - TheHill.com

President Barack Obama on Tuesday used the strongest language yet to suggest that BP could face charges in connection with the explosion of the Deepwater Horizon rig and the resulting oil spill, saying if any laws were broken, “my solemn pledge is that we will bring those responsible to justice.”

Good, I'm glad to see SOMEONE has the stones to step up and crack the necessary heads

How does his incredibly vague and politically expedient statement constitute "stones" in any way? It's like saying "we're going to be tough on terrorism." It doesn't mean anything, but it makes people feel good and conveys the image of action.

How does his incredibly vague and politically expedient statement constitute "stones" in any way? It's like saying "we're going to be tough on terrorism." It doesn't mean anything, but it makes people feel good and conveys the image of action.
Ostensibly, you're right. Words are not action. However I'm hoping this is a signal of upcoming action against BP for their mess.

Back
Top Bottom