• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama blamed for Katrina

bush_vacation_fishing.jpg

That still cracks me up. LOL!

really? you still deny that Louisiana requested federal assistance? even your silly power point presentation said they requested federal assistance. Here's another quote from the request

"I request Direct Federal assistance for work and services to save lives and
protect property."

see how I posted facts and you posted your "inside knowledge" and then that silly power point presentation that actually backed the fact that Louisiana requested Federal assistance. mmmmm, maybe you do have inside knowledge of the Bush admin because they could never admit they were wrong either

Dude, I can walk into a car dealership and tell them I want a car, but if I don't tell them exactly what car I want and need and sign the papers for that specific car, they can't sell me one.

The request for DFA must be followed up with a specific request. The law requires the state to activate its disaster response and recovery plan. The Federal government requires that plan, among other things, to define the specific actions the state will take, and the methods to which they will accomplish the response a recovery needs; to include, but not limited to contracting, evacuation of citizens from the hazard area and many other actions.

The Federal government has limited resources that they themselves can put into the field to accomplish such response needs as evacuation. Basically, the Feds have two options available to them; 1) give a mission assignment to the military, which has the personnel, trucks, buses, ambulances, planes, fuel supplies, medical personnel, field hospitals, security personnel, field kitchens, field level temporary housing and other needs for a mass evacuation, or 2) contract all those elements out to private contractors.

For the Feds to utilize the military, the problem with the Posse Comitatus Act comes into play, which was described in detail in the Presentation I provided you.

For the Feds to contract out the work, they have to be provided a specific Scope of Work, in other words, written requests for specific needs, the level of action required for those needs, and the extent those needs will be required from the Federal government versus what the state and local government will accomplish simultaneously. Without that information in the request, the Feds can only do as I said; provide the state with a pre-written request and hope the Governor signs it.

In the case of New York and New Jersey for Sandy, as well as Mississippi, Alabama and Arkansas for Katrina, the states gave specific requests as to what DFA they needed. Louisiana did not, in fact refused to do so for over a week after the levies failed, and that is what caused to delay in the Federal response. The City of New Orleans was also a problem, in that the Mayor would not turn over the city resources to the state to assist in evacuation or any other needs. Remember the pictures of all the school buses under water in their parking lots?

Look, I'm not a partisan hack trying to defend Brown or Bush. Bush could have, and in my opinion should have, imposed Martial Law in the Parish of Orleans and the surrounding Parishes, Federalized the National Guard, had FEMA give the US Army Corps of Engineers to activate their ACI contracts (for which I am also one of those contractors) to just take over the evacuation and response as a whole.

But if he did that, can you imagine the uproar? But uproar be damned. Once he flew over in Air Force One and saw all those people on those bridges, he should have ordered Back Hawks to start moving them out and to safety. But, he couldn't. Not legally or Constitutionally anyway.

Now, given what I've just shared, please read the Presentation again, and see how it all lines up, without the political viewpoint and just strictly by the law, and what the Feds could and could not do.

Last edited:
Dude, I can walk into a car dealership and tell them I want a car, but if I don't tell them exactly what car I want and need and sign the papers for that specific car, they can't sell me one.
Beau, you are hysterical. I haven’t seen a con cling so desperately to such a ridiculously false narrative in years. Have you forgotten what you posted. “wah wah Lousiana refused to ask for help ”. I then posted Louisiana's request for federal aid. That alone proved your narrative was false. Its why you whined and ‘stomped’ away. And now you come back with “ they didn’t fill out the paper work properly “. That’s priceless. The only thing your new narrative proves is that you know your first narrative is false. thanks for the laughs but you need to show your posts to a relative or trusted friend.

Anyhoo, here’s the FEMA press release stating they’ve accepted Louisana’s request for Direct Federal Assistance:

August 27, 2005
News Release
Emergency Aid Authorized For Hurricane Katrina Emergency Response In Louisiana
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Michael D. Brown, Under Secretary of Homeland Security for Emergency Preparedness and Response, today announced that Federal resources are being allocated to support emergency protective response efforts response efforts in the parishes located in the path of Hurricane Katrina.

Brown said President Bush authorized the aid under an emergency disaster declaration issued following a review of FEMA's analysis of the state's request for federal assistance. FEMA will mobilize equipment and resources necessary to protect public health and safety by assisting law enforcement with evacuations, establishing shelters, supporting emergency medical needs, meeting immediate lifesaving and life-sustaining human needs and protecting property, in addition to other emergency protective measures.

Emergency Aid Authorized For Hurricane Katrina Emergency Response In Louisiana | FEMA.gov

Just in case you missed it (and you probably did)

President Bush authorized the aid under an emergency disaster declaration issued following a review of FEMA's analysis of the state's request for federal assistance.

Beaus, it looks like they filled out the paper work properly. I cant wait for your next version of your silly narrative.

Hey Beau, where'd you geau?

Look, I'm not a partisan hack trying to defend Brown or Bush. Bush could have, and in my opinion should have, imposed Martial Law in the Parish of Orleans and the surrounding Parishes, Federalized the National Guard, had FEMA give the US Army Corps of Engineers to activate their ACI contracts (for which I am also one of those contractors) to just take over the evacuation and response as a whole.

But if he did that, can you imagine the uproar? But uproar be damned. Once he flew over in Air Force One and saw all those people on those bridges, he should have ordered Back Hawks to start moving them out and to safety. But, he couldn't. Not legally or Constitutionally anyway.

mmmm, you’re not? you posted falsehoods and clamed "inside knowledge" for a false and ridiculous narrative that tried to shift blame away from Bush’s staggeringly incompetent response to Katrina. And look, as you claim you're not a partisan hack, you're making up more pathetic and false excuses for Bush. Beau, you didn’t just parrot some lying “editorial” from the ‘conservative entertainment complex’, you claimed "inside knowledge". I posted the acceptance from FEMA for Louisana's request from the Fema website. And guess what, its dated before Katrina hit. Tell us again how Bush “begged Blanco to ask for assistance after Katrina and she refused”.

(I especially liked the way you claim bush refused to throw her under the bus because he was so noble and all)

mmmm, you’re not? you posted falsehoods and clamed "inside knowledge" for a false and ridiculous narrative that tried to shift blame away from Bush’s staggeringly incompetent response to Katrina. And look, as you claim you're not a partisan hack, you're making up more pathetic and false excuses for Bush. Beau, you didn’t just parrot some lying “editorial” from the ‘conservative entertainment complex’, you claimed "inside knowledge". I posted the acceptance from FEMA for Louisana's request from the Fema website. And guess what, its dated before Katrina hit. Tell us again how Bush “begged Blanco to ask for assistance after Katrina and she refused”.

(I especially liked the way you claim bush refused to throw her under the bus because he was so noble and all)

Believe what you want. You have every right in this country to be as ignorant as you wish to be.

Louisiana Republicans blame Obama for Katrina | MinnPost

This is a very good reason why Republicans are on the brink of losing everything. Do they really hate this man that much they blame him for something he had no control over. Hell the man was a Senator at that point. Will Republicans blame him for the Holocaust next. Wait a minute I just gave Glen Beck, Sister Sarah, and the Whack job Bachmann their next talking points!

Well for one he voted AGAINST Katrina Aid. Facts don't lie.

It is a fact that he DID vote against a bill for aid to Katrina victims, do you deny this?

No he didnt the article clearly explains what happend you are trying to twist things, the problem is just like Bolling mental midgets should not try it!

No he didnt the article clearly explains what happend you are trying to twist things, the problem is just like Bolling mental midgets should not try it!

You are in denial of the FACT that he DID vote against a bill to aid Katrina Victims. Can't help it if you do not accept reality.

Facts don't lie, and the fact is he did vote against a bill to aid Katrina Victims. If you don't believe me, here is the vote:

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

Last edited:
Louisiana Republicans blame Obama for Katrina | MinnPost

This is a very good reason why Republicans are on the brink of losing everything. Do they really hate this man that much they blame him for something he had no control over. Hell the man was a Senator at that point. Will Republicans blame him for the Holocaust next. Wait a minute I just gave Glen Beck, Sister Sarah, and the Whack job Bachmann their next talking points!

Have the left wing stopped blaming Bush for everything? If so, then I'm amazed it only took 13 years. Obama, apparently, has a way to go.

Believe what you want. You have every right in this country to be as ignorant as you wish to be.

er uh Beau, serious question. How am I ignorant for believing the FEMA press release saying they’ve approved Louisiana’s request for federal assistance DATED BEFORE KATRINA? You claimed "inside knowledge" that Louisiana didnt request aid for days after Katrina. you have some narrative about Bush begging Louisiana to do it. then your narrative morphed into " they didnt fill out the paper work properly" or something.

be clear and specific.

Have the left wing stopped blaming Bush for everything? If so, then I'm amazed it only took 13 years. Obama, apparently, has a way to go.

Bush damn near destroyed this country. Period there are some presidents that made things better some made things worse, some did not give a damn. Bush didnt give a damn, plus made things worse.

Bush damn near destroyed this country. Period there are some presidents that made things better some made things worse, some did not give a damn. Bush didnt give a damn, plus made things worse.

Maybe...but your God-President is giving it a mighty push over the cliff.

I know, I know...you've got your "free" 0bamaCare. You've got your "free" 0bamaPhone. Just remember...it ain't 0bama who's going to sign your paychecks. It'll be the people 0bama wants to run out of business.

At least you'll have your "free" welfare to look forward to.

Maybe...but your God-President is giving it a mighty push over the cliff.

I know, I know...you've got your "free" 0bamaCare. You've got your "free" 0bamaPhone. Just remember...it ain't 0bama who's going to sign your paychecks. It'll be the people 0bama wants to run out of business.

At least you'll have your "free" welfare to look forward to.

why do you call him God-President? The way you guys use faith and fantasy to justify the conservative agenda and everything Bush is pretty typical of a religious sect. I dont have to use repetition, chants and slogans the way cons do. And I've yet to see an intelligent or honest criticism of President Obama. case in point, the "obama phone" really? and your ""free" 0bamaCare" slogan has no basis in fact either. Maybe you should fact check your high priests sometime.

And in this thread, look how Beau just refuses to acknowledge Louisiana asked for federal aid before Katrina hit. I posted the press release from FEMA. He needs the fantasy that Louisiana refused to ask for help to pretend Bush didnt do anything wrong.

Back
Top Bottom