• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama/Biden Montage: We "Decimated Al Qaeda"

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

But we have to now close down twenty plus American Embassies. Who is decimating who?

But we have to now close down twenty plus American Embassies. Who is decimating who?

check the date on the screen, just before the election. And we call A-Rod a cheat. He has nothing on Obama!

We've decimated many infectious diseases through vaccination...does that mean we should quit vaccinating?

You're misunderstanding him, he's saying we've killed 1/10 of them.

[
QUOTE=Republic Now!;1062150863]You're misunderstanding him, he's saying we've killed 1/10 of them.
[/QUOTE]

This is not correct.

One thing is for sure: A lot more Americans lost their lives in the USA under the GW Bush mis-administration due to Al-Qaeda activity in the USA than we have lost since the Democratic Party has had a man in the White House.

"Better days are coming."~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of touch, GOP.

Last edited:

We're never happy, are we?

As far as I'm concerned, they should permanently close those embassies. If they aren't safe to have open during August, they aren't safe to have open period. Do we really think they'll open them before September 11th? I think it's a dog and pony show.

I beleive decimated comes from Roman Legions, it was a punishment for poor performnce. 1 of 10 legioneers were killed. So he is saying 90% of Alqueda is still around.

Cracks me up that this has evolved into a discussion of what 'decimated' means. What the word means is not the issue, it is what Barry thinks it meant when he used it. He meant it was reduced in number and is no longer effective. Current events show that is not the case. So the question in my mind is was he misinformed or lying through his teeth? My vote is on the latter.

I beleive decimated comes from Roman Legions, it was a punishment for poor performnce. 1 of 10 legioneers were killed. So he is saying 90% of Alqueda is still around.

Oh Mak ... please be serious ... much too early for satire.

Our great Anti-Islamofacist Warrior President on the job... this is their story and they're sticking to it ...

Obama - benghazi night 1.jpg
obama - benghazi night 2.jpg

Cracks me up that this has evolved into a discussion of what 'decimated' means. What the word means is not the issue, it is what Barry thinks it meant when he used it. He meant it was reduced in number and is no longer effective. Current events show that is not the case. So the question in my mind is was he misinformed or lying through his teeth? My vote is on the latter.

Who is this Barry person?

Do you have any evidence he means something the word does not mean? Is there any evidence that he meant it to mean that Al Queda was no longer any threat? What you guys are doing is making up a definition of the word, then claiming Obama meant that made up definition despite having no evidence to support it, and then calling him a liar based on what you made up.

Facts are not hard things to find. Why you guys avoid them like the plague I will never understand.

Who is this Barry person?

Do you have any evidence he means something the word does not mean? Is there any evidence that he meant it to mean that Al Queda was no longer any threat? What you guys are doing is making up a definition of the word, then claiming Obama meant that made up definition despite having no evidence to support it, and then calling him a liar based on what you made up.

Facts are not hard things to find. Why you guys avoid them like the plague I will never understand.

If you choose to use the word 'decimated' what exactly do you mean?

Definition of decimate (vt)
Bing Dictionary
dec·i·mate [ déssə màyt ]

destroy large proportion of something:

to kill off or remove a large proportion of a group of people, animals, or things
almost destroy something:

to inflict so much damage on something that it is seriously reduced in effectiveness

kill one person in 10: to kill one out of every ten people in a group, especially in a body of mutinous soldiers

Last edited:
If you choose to use the word 'decimated' what exactly do you mean?

Generally:

a : to reduce drastically especially in number <cholera decimated the population>
b : to cause great destruction or harm to <firebombs decimated the city> <an industry decimated by recession>

The 1/10 thing is rarely used, and no longer effective was not in any definition I saw, so that was just made up.

Yep, completely made up.:roll:

Decimation (Latin: decimatio; decem = "ten") was a form of military discipline used by senior commanders in the Roman Army to punish capital offences such as mutiny or desertion. The word decimation is derived from Latin meaning "removal of a tenth".[1] The procedure was a pragmatic attempt to balance the need to punish serious offences with the practicalities of dealing with a large group of offenders.[2]

Decimation (Roman army) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Generally:

The 1/10 thing is rarely used, and no longer effective was not in any definition I saw, so that was just made up.

Yep, completely made up.:roll:

Decimation (Latin: decimatio; decem = "ten") was a form of military discipline used by senior commanders in the Roman Army to punish capital offences such as mutiny or desertion. The word decimation is derived from Latin meaning "removal of a tenth".[1] The procedure was a pragmatic attempt to balance the need to punish serious offences with the practicalities of dealing with a large group of offenders.[2]

Decimation (Roman army) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

there is a simpler, and depending on ones opinion funnier, way of explaining the concept of decimation.

Thanks funny.

Reagan armed Bin Laden, Bush lost him, and Obama killed him. It's that simple.

No wonder the conservatives hate Obama so much -- he shows what boobs they are.

given the definition you have chosen, was OBAMA misinformed or not telling the truth? If he was misinformed, then our security sources are dangerously inept. If he was lying, well, no big surprise there.

Really? This is what we're getting up in arms about?

Do I think that the notion of us having "Decimated" AQ and having them "on the run" was a gross exaggeration given the current heightened security issues and the prison breaks around hte arab world? Absolutely.

Do I expect that politicians...especially the guy who claimed he was going to "Change politics as usual" and proceeded to pretty much do politics as usual....to not exaggerate, grandstand, and talk up their accomplishments in a singularly glowing light? NO.

Obama's a politician. He was a politician in 2008, he was a politician in 2012. What was posted is just that, someone being a politician. Embelishing and choosing words that have great emotional impact and implication, but don't have a set "factual" measurability, to prop up his actions and endevours. No different than anyone else.

If you were someone that bought into the hogwash dog and pony show of "Hope and Change" and "Done with politics as usual" in 2008...then yeah, I can understand being upset about this. However, if you basically called "BS" from the start then there's really no reason to be utterly upset with a Politician doing what a Politician does.

We're never happy, are we?

As far as I'm concerned, they should permanently close those embassies. If they aren't safe to have open during August, they aren't safe to have open period. Do we really think they'll open them before September 11th? I think it's a dog and pony show.

How bizarre is this. The host countries involved are supposed to supply the protection to our Embassies, just as we do for the foreign Embassies situated here in the U.S. For all of the propaganda, disinformation and obfuscation coming from this administration our foreign relations have deteriorated under this post racial president. Shouldn't we be questioning the leadership of this administration? Viewing the difficulties that have concerned us the last four plus years, one must be questioning the competency of this administration when it comes to the economy, unemployment, foreign policy and racial issue. Have these subjects improved or become worse under Obama?

Reagan armed Bin Laden, Bush lost him, and Obama killed him. It's that simple.

No wonder the conservatives hate Obama so much -- he shows what boobs they are.

WRONG! It was through the efforts of Charlie Wilson (D) Tx., that al Qaeda received assistance through the covert actions of the CIA. Reagan had little to nothing with that. That dog just doesn't hunt. Unless you can prove what you're stating hold your water. Heck the Democrats even made a movie about that starring Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts. Where have you been?

Where is Osama bin Laden?

Hmm.., Where is Ayman al-Zawahiri? He took over where OBL left off. I guess the Pakistani's love him too and are hiding him from Obama.
But hey, let's send them another $5 Billion.

Back
Top Bottom