• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Being Forced Out

Patrickt

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
President Obama has said that he's being forced out of office. Poor thing, lord knows he tries but no one told him that there is a Constitutional requirement that says he can only serve two terms. Somebody should have told him that he had two four-year contracts with no option to renew for a third. It's not his fault no one told him. How was he to know?

I wonder if Mr. Trump or Sen. Clinton have had any flunkies assigned to reading the Constitution for them?

Obama: I’m Not Quitting, I’m Being ‘Forced Out’ Of the Presidency - Breitbart

Breitbart is not mainstream media...

President Obama has said that he's being forced out of office. Poor thing, lord knows he tries but no one told him that there is a Constitutional requirement that says he can only serve two terms.
Uh, you know he's referring to the Constitution when he says he's being forced out, right?

Uh, you know he's referring to the Constitution when he says he's being forced out, right?

lol - Being hopeful that the people would elect him for a 3rd.

But one thing that pissed me off with Bush was how they jumped all over **** he said while golfing . . . it seemed pendantic and errant. I'm not going to give a rats ass over anything Obama says while golfing. The dude's been president for 8 years - he needs a break.

You do realize the Constitution isn't forcing him out? Oh, perhaps you haven't read it either. At best, it's a misconception on the part of a liberal who's not familiar with the Constitution.

If he were a lawyer who was familiar with the Constitution he would have realized his term of office is up. A lawyer familiar with the Contitution would have said, "I'm not quitting but my term of office is up." But, no, he doesn't understand.

No one, and nothing, is forcing him out of office. Perhaps they should have forced him out when he first began ruling and violating Constitutional provisions but they didn't so forcing him out when his term of office is up would be rather pointless.

Liberals don't understand a constitutional form of government. They only grasp the concept of dictatorships.

Last edited:
No Obama fan here, at all, but talk about a non story.

President Obama has said that he's being forced out of office. Poor thing, lord knows he tries but no one told him that there is a Constitutional requirement that says he can only serve two terms. Somebody should have told him that he had two four-year contracts with no option to renew for a third. It's not his fault no one told him. How was he to know?

I wonder if Mr. Trump or Sen. Clinton have had any flunkies assigned to reading the Constitution for them?

You do know what a joke is right?

Let me break it down for you.

1. "Not quitting my day job" is a pretty standard American riposte when trying to be self-depreciating about one's skill levels at some other activity.

2. He is well-aware of the two-term limit imposed on those elected to the Presidency, hence the "being forced out" joke.

3. The entire conversation was a light-hearted give and take, not a serious discussion of politics.

Last edited:
No, Captain Adverse, it seems to be you and your associate who don't know a joke.

But as jokes go, it's right up there with President Obama's joke when he told reporters Air Force One was going to make an unscheduled stop in Venezuela so he could visit Hugo Chavez.

I do apologize for posting in the wrong forum. I misplaced my list of mainstream media. Well, I had one but it was so old that the NYT was still on it.

Last edited:
lol - Being hopeful that the people would elect him for a 3rd.

But one thing that pissed me off with Bush was how they jumped all over **** he said while golfing . . . it seemed pendantic and errant. I'm not going to give a rats ass over anything Obama says while golfing. The dude's been president for 8 years - he needs a break.

If you're not paying attention to anything he does on the golf course, you've missed about 2/3rds of his presidency. :lol:

You do realize the Constitution isn't forcing him out? Oh, perhaps you haven't read it either. At best, it's a misconception on the part of a liberal who's not familiar with the Constitution.

If he were a lawyer who was familiar with the Constitution he would have realized his term of office is up. A lawyer familiar with the Contitution would have said, "I'm not quitting but my term of office is up." But, no, he doesn't understand.

No one, and nothing, is forcing him out of office. Perhaps they should have forced him out when he first began ruling and violating Constitutional provisions but they didn't so forcing him out when his term of office is up would be rather pointless.

Liberals don't understand a constitutional form of government. They only grasp the concept of dictatorships.

It's always been painful to me when Obama's tried to be funny, sure, but that's, at most, all this is.

You do realize that the Constitution IS dictating that he vacate office regardless of whether he would want to run or whether or not the public would want him to remain.

Conservatives always seem to be incapable of understanding subtlety of thought.

Beyond that, it was a joke. Humor is another subtlety that conservatives often miss.

You do know what a joke is right?

Let me break it down for you.

1. "Not quitting my day job" is a pretty standard American riposte when trying to be self-depreciating about one's skill levels at some other activity.

2. He is well-aware of the two-term limit imposed on those elected to the Presidency, hence the "being forced out" joke.

3. The entire conversation was a light-hearted give and take, not a serious discussion of politics.

This. :applaud

Are you really trying to make a mountain out of a molehill over this joke?

There are plenty of things to attack Obama on, this is just silly and desperate.

Breitbart, the news source of choice for angry, uninformed fringe haters.

Breitbart, the news source of choice for angry, uninformed fringe haters.

CNN and MSNBC, when you want the best in leftwing bias.

You do realize that the Constitution IS dictating that he vacate office regardless of whether he would want to run or whether or not the public would want him to remain.

Conservatives always seem to be incapable of understanding subtlety of thought.

Beyond that, it was a joke. Humor is another subtlety that conservatives often miss.

That's bull****, because I love humor. :lol:

I'd call it a trial balloon to see if there is support for removing term limits via Executive order or by other means, obviously since no one else can be trusted to run the country.

Why, Obama could appointment Bill & Hill as his two vice presidents!

No Obama fan here, at all, but talk about a non story.

Good morning, X Factor. :2wave:

Sadly, there are probably those who will believe this story, and will demand that he be allowed to begin negotiations immediately to stop this evil deed before it goes any further! :lamo

Only make sure, he doesn't try to stay.

Only make sure, he doesn't try to stay.

I think he already purchased a $10M mansion, you know, going back to being like the rest of us. :lamo

Good morning, X Factor. :2wave:

Sadly, there are probably those who will believe this story, and will demand that he be allowed to begin negotiations immediately to stop this evil deed before it goes any further! :lamo

Good morning, Pol. One of the conspiracies I often heard about Obama is that he's going to declare martial law and make himself president for another term. Seems like he sure gave that up without much fight.

I'mbetting that Obana knows the constitution better than you do.
Just a hunch...

Back
Top Bottom