• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama arming America’s enemies [Muslim author]

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Tarek Fatah
JUNE 18, 2013

If you are scratching your head and wondering why the U.S. is fighting al-Qaida affiliates around the world, yet going ahead and providing funding and possible future arms to al-Qaida-inspired terrorists in Syria, you have plenty of company.

President Barack Obama finding chemical weapons in Syria reminds me of former President George W. Bush finding WMDs in Iraq.

I suppose one disastrous war was not enough to quench the thirst for profits by America’s private sector arms manufacturers whose biggest customer is the Pentagon.

Arming Syria to empower the enemies of America is not the only example of the bankruptcy of U.S. Foreign Policy that may serve the armament industry, but certainly not its citizenry. The same suicidal policy is being implemented in Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan—countries hostile to the US, but willing markets for America’s arms manufacturers.

Take Egypt as an example. On June 7, the Associated Press revealed the Obama administration had waived the conditions of human rights observance that it had attached to any future military sales to Egypt. Secretary John Kerry asked Congress to release $1.3 billion in U.S. military support for 2013.

This, despite evidence that Egypt was violating the human rights of its own citizens, particularly of its Christian population.

On New Year’s Day, I wrote in the Sun that I was hopeful Kerry would use the tools at his disposal and cut-off aid to Egypt if they failed to protect fundamental human rights of all citizens, regardless of faith.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Obama arming America

Everyone including some Democrats are thinking and asking the same question.

He damned if he does and damned if he doesn't by the right. Considering you just tried to pin a conspiracy on "Teflon Bill" regarding TWA flight 800 in another thread I'd say you're nothing but a partisan hack.

What's up with "[Muslim author]"?

We have no choice with Egypt. They control the Suez. Unless someone wants to dig a giant canal across Africa, it is just a pragmatic reality we have to deal with.

As for Syria, that is more an enemy of Israel than the US.

He damned if he does and damned if he doesn't by the right. Considering you just tried to pin a conspiracy on "Teflon Bill" regarding TWA flight 800 in another thread I'd say you're nothing but a partisan hack.

Hmm..., Partisan hacks are paid for by Obama. Therefore, since you're spouting off, I can only believe that you are bought and paid for by the Chicago Community Organizer Marvel with more aliases than three criminal con men. But if you prefer calling me names rather than looking at what Obama is doing to America, be my guest. Just remember the TOS you agreed to.

So lets leave out all the hackery stuff and talk about the topic. This part of Enigma's quote made sense:
He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't

I have a few questions to ask you:
1) What would you do if you had Obama's job. Aid, no aid, sternly worded letters of protest or pretend nothing is happening?
2) If Mitt Romney were President, what do you think he would do?
3) If John McCain were President, what would he do?
4) If GW Bush were President, what would he do?
5) If Bill Clinton were President, what would he do?

Hmm..., Partisan hacks are paid for by Obama. Therefore, since you're spouting off, I can only believe that you are bought and paid for by the Chicago Community Organizer Marvel with more aliases than three criminal con men. But if you prefer calling me names rather than looking at what Obama is doing to America, be my guest. Just remember the TOS you agreed to.

Last edited:
Haven't you heard? The source doesn't matter as long as it says what you want.

Right just read the header and author, please don't read any further to see the source of the article or the complete article. That would be asking too much from those that are proven to be biased, racist and above all Marxist in thought and deed, the terrorist arm of the Progressive Democrats.

Haven't you heard? The source doesn't matter as long as it says what you want.

Of course the source matters. If it is critical of Obama, it is a good source. If it isn't, it is a biased, left wing propaganda source. A good source is one that tells him what he wants to hear(Obama = bad), and packages that up in a way he can follow. Facts, rationality, fairness, reliability, honesty...those are just liberal feel good buzzwords, he does not need those things.

Baaaaah!

Right just read the header and author, please don't read any further to see the source of the article or the complete article. That would be asking too much from those that are proven to be biased, racist and above all Marxist in thought and deed, the terrorist arm of the Progressive Democrats.

Please don't insult my intelligence. You couldn't find a more mainstream source to back up your claim so you found one you know would. Cut the bull****.

To think we have any friends in the Middle East would be a mistake. Maybe Israel, but we have been kicking them in the ribs lately.

That portion of the world is of more strategic importance to Europe than us. China has a big stake in the Middle East as well. I don't understand why they aren't taking charge of the problem there.

As for us funding the same people we are after. If you look at the history books, we have been doing that since the 70s in the middle east. Probably earlier than that.

China has a big stake in the Middle East as well. I don't understand why they aren't taking charge of the problem there.

Because China is smart and realizes it is a ****storm right now in the ME and they would rather not invest the time, effort, and lives right now doing anything about it. Instead they make more money off the U.S. going further into debt and having the U.S. sacrifice money, time, and lives doing something about it.

IMO, China's way of "doing something" about the ME would involve completely and utterly destroying the problem (including any innocents that may be in the way) and then taking the oil as spoils of war.

Because China is smart and realizes it is a ****storm right now in the ME and they would rather not invest the time, effort, and lives right now doing anything about it. Instead they make more money off the U.S. going further into debt and having the U.S. sacrifice money, time, and lives doing something about it.

IMO, China's way of "doing something" about the ME would involve completely and utterly destroying the problem (including any innocents that may be in the way) and then taking the oil as spoils of war.

I agree completely. It is also so nice that we continue to open up and make oil sources available to them and Europe.

I agree completely. It is also so nice that we continue to open up and make oil sources available to them and Europe.

Yep, the interventional policies of this administration and past administrations is astounding. The one thing we should have learned out of Afghanistan and Iraq is we shouldn't be in the business of nation building.

Yep, the interventional policies of this administration and past administrations is astounding. The one thing we should have learned out of Afghanistan and Iraq is we shouldn't be in the business of nation building.

But isn't that what we are good at? /sarcasm

But isn't that what we are good at? /sarcasm

We have become such a "short-term" society that it seems noone in power ever looks to anything past their own term in politics and towards "long-term" effects their decisions have.

It started snowballing with Clinton IMO and seems to have carried on through the administrations.

We have become such a "short-term" society that it seems noone in power ever looks to anything past their own term in politics and towards "long-term" effects their decisions have.

It started snowballing with Clinton IMO and seems to have carried on through the administrations.

My state government is going through this as well. As a national government...Bush I handled Kuwait beautifully. It was text book and one sheer difference to Iraq and Afghanistan. Kuwait was occupied by an outside force. In Iraq and Afghanistan, we were the occupiers. I see where we went wrong.

My state government is going through this as well. As a national government...Bush I handled Kuwait beautifully. It was text book and one sheer difference to Iraq and Afghanistan. Kuwait was occupied by an outside force. In Iraq and Afghanistan, we were the occupiers. I see where we went wrong.

Yep, I didn't like Bush I, but I applauded his handling of Iraq. Send Iraq back packing from Kuwait and then contain them.

If you would have read the complete article, you'd have noticed that it's about a documentary that is debuting shortly containing the comments of some of the investigators that originally were involved.

By Tarek Fatah
JUNE 18, 2013

If you are scratching your head and wondering why the U.S. is fighting al-Qaida affiliates around the world, yet going ahead and providing funding and possible future arms to al-Qaida-inspired terrorists in Syria, you have plenty of company.

President Barack Obama finding chemical weapons in Syria reminds me of former President George W. Bush finding WMDs in Iraq.

I suppose one disastrous war was not enough to quench the thirst for profits by America’s private sector arms manufacturers whose biggest customer is the Pentagon.

Arming Syria to empower the enemies of America is not the only example of the bankruptcy of U.S. Foreign Policy that may serve the armament industry, but certainly not its citizenry. The same suicidal policy is being implemented in Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan—countries hostile to the US, but willing markets for America’s arms manufacturers.

Take Egypt as an example. On June 7, the Associated Press revealed the Obama administration had waived the conditions of human rights observance that it had attached to any future military sales to Egypt. Secretary John Kerry asked Congress to release $1.3 billion in U.S. military support for 2013.

This, despite evidence that Egypt was violating the human rights of its own citizens, particularly of its Christian population.

On New Year’s Day, I wrote in the Sun that I was hopeful Kerry would use the tools at his disposal and cut-off aid to Egypt if they failed to protect fundamental human rights of all citizens, regardless of faith.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Obama arming America

Everyone including some Democrats are thinking and asking the same question.

The problem is they are not Obama's enemies.

I wonder why I am against arming those Islamic radicals if they were my ally.?

I don't know, but they do share most of your conservative values. Especially gays, abortion, and women's roles.

TheNextEra;1061947000[B said:
]I don't know,[/B] but they do share most of your conservative values. Especially gays, abortion, and women's roles.

That is right...Open Mouth insert foot.

Back
Top Bottom