• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Approval 37% [W:13]

Re: Obama Approval 37%

It looks as if the ACA is going to fail all on it's own, without a push from anybody. Actually, had Obama accepted a 1 year delay, the GOP would have been doing the administration a favor in light of it's absolutely smashing debute. You should re-examine what constitutes a lost cause, maybe.

The GOP is going to lose on this issue big time. Closing the government because they want ACA on the cutting table and then if the government reopens without ACA on the cutting table, they will look like spoiled brats who finally got put in their place. Yeah, it's a loss for the GOP.

Right. The GOP was doing us a favor. Way to spin your loss. You do know that you lost right?
Thank you. I haven't lost anything. I am fully invested in my own political beliefs - not necessarily in the political party you seem to believe I represent. Measuring political fallout from events like this will only be meaningful over time. If you're fully invested in the day by day scoring, you're going to suffer from rapid and uncontrolled mood swings. It does look as if there will be some negotiation, and anybody with any sense knows that would happen eventually. Now, exactly who said there will be no negotiation?

The GOP is going to lose on this issue big time. Closing the government because they want ACA on the cutting table and then if the government reopens without ACA on the cutting table, they will look like spoiled brats who finally got put in their place. Yeah, it's a loss for the GOP.
See #27.

Thank you. I haven't lost anything. I am fully invested in my own political beliefs - not necessarily in the political party you seem to believe I represent. Measuring political fallout from events like this will only be meaningful over time. If you're fully invested in the day by day scoring, you're going to suffer from rapid and uncontrolled mood swings. It does look as if there will be some negotiation, and anybody with any sense knows that would happen eventually. Now, exactly who said there will be no negotiation?

I see you stopped mentioning Obamacare too. It is amazing how easily your views fall in step with the rest of the GOP. I guess the AHC act was not so bad after all.

I see you stopped mentioning Obamacare too. It is amazing how easily your views fall in step with the rest of the GOP. I guess the AHC act was not so bad after all.
Yeah, the ACA is doing great. I no longer have to mention it. It is doing a fine job of representing itself right now. It's like an expensive box of chocolate. I think it's amazing that the GOP is falling in line with me. Generally they spend their time stepping on themselves, which is not a practice I recommend. Looks like there will be a budget conference and negotiation. Surprised? Or were you hoping the House would be dissolved and the reps lined up and shot?

Have you ever seen such a mad dash away from their party label, just to say they are not a partisan hack, the very drool they throw at the left, who actually don't hide and run away from who they are.

Anyone who believes the current "it's all your fault" screaming coming from the Dems is going to be surprised, IMO. While we are debating here what's going on in DC, the administration is busy calculating, based on current polls, the fallout from any decision they might make. They have seen that the public isn't giving either BHO or Congress a pass this time on irresponsibiity--- however BHO's approval rating is consistently dropping while Congress's approval rating simply remains the same...in the toilet. Nothing new there! And that applies to both sides of the aisle! As a poster recently pointed out, is one man's intrangience on negotiating a solution to this problem going to override the 300 million people who are being affected by this, with no repercussions? We'll see. Let[s hope the talks are successful. :shrug:

Greetings, humbolt. :2wave:

Anyone who believes the current "it's all your fault" screaming coming from the Dems is going to be surprised, IMO. While we are debating here what's going on in DC, the administration is busy calculating, based on current polls, the fallout from any decision they might make. They have seen that the public isn't giving either BHO or Congress a pass this time on irresponsibiity--- however BHO's approval rating is consistently dropping while Congress's approval rating simply remains the same...in the toilet. Nothing new there! And that applies to both sides of the aisle! As a poster recently pointed out, is one man's intrangience on negotiating a solution to this problem going to override the 300 million people who are being affected by this, with no repercussions? We'll see. Let[s hope the talks are successful. :shrug:

I agree. If I remember correctly, Bush was down to around 30% approval at the end of his term. I'm willing to bet Obama will beat that record and come in below 30% before it is over. When I heard him on TV blaming congress for a potential default when, in fact, defaulting on the debt would be his decision, not that of Congress, I broke out in a serious fit of laughter. Perhaps political hacks might find a new career in stand up comedy.

I believe the polls pushed Obama. He's finally found himself on the same ground as Congress, and that ground is extremely unstable. Besides, there's serious money that will be lost on or after the 17th, and that never fails to draw attention. The blame can continue indefinitely, but a failure of this magnitude will be recorded under his leadership in spite of all the partisan sniping. Maybe the whole crowd in DC is beginning to realize that reality in this country starts outside the DC suburbs, and we're not about to let them dictate a false one from within that little enclave. The public understands that the government shut itself down because they can't agree on anything at all, and we're supposed to suffer for their failure. Is anybody surprised that's not going to fly?

You missed the memo. The GOP has stopped mentioning stalling the AHC act and have moved on to cutting entitlements. Who is the patron saint of lost causes again?

You have noticed they haven't backed down from defunding Obamakare... that wonderful example of government incompetence.

These past 10-days have illustrated what a wonderful bunch of deceptive thugs the left are. It's an education for those who believed this was a compassionate and caring bunch... now to see them in their truest of colors, to see them unhinged, and illustrate their use of government as a weapon against the people... should wake at least some folks up.

Just think what a bang-up job they'll do when they have your medical history and absorb them like they have the IRS as a tool to smack opponents down.

SIEG.... BABY... SIEG...

Last edited:

You have noticed they haven't backed down from defunding Obamakare... that wonderful example of government incompetence.

These past 10-days have illustrated what a wonderful bunch of deceptive thugs the left are. It's an education for those who believed this was a compassionate and caring bunch... now to see them in their truest of colors, to see them unhinged, and illustrate their use of government as a weapon against the people... should wake at least some folks up.

Just think what a bang-up job they'll do when they have your medical history and absorb them like they have the IRS as a tool to smack opponents down.

SIEG.... BABY... SIEG...

Sweet dreams my little one. But the AHC act is "off the table" just the same. This is from CNN

House Republicans, and notably Ted Cruz in the Senate, led the fight against Obama's signature health care law. They made defunding or delaying Obamacare a demand in legislation the House repeatedly sent to the Democratic-controlled Senate, only to see it die there.

Apparently, it's now dead in the House, too.

"That's currently off the table now," Republican Rep. James Lankford said in an interview on "The Lead with Jake Tapper." "That's obviously not going to happen at this point."

Showdown lowdown Day 10: The latest – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Oh and the polls don't look good for Republicans a lot of them will be scrambling for their seats next year. Then it will be over.

Obama planned this in honor of Michael Jackson's Thriller which spent 37 non consecutive weeks atop the billboard 200. Pure genius!

SIEG.... BABY... SIEG...
Im tellin ya...Ive said it all along. The GOP played this completely wrong. They should have forced FULL compliance with the ACA...NO exemptions and on target implementation. I actually cant wait to see all the squealing like a little stuck pig thats going to happen once the supporters of this nightmare start to feel the impacts of full implementation.

Wall Street Journal / NBC news poll shows:

• Obama's approval holding steady
• Republican approval at its lowest point since the poll started (1989)
• ACA gained a small amount of popularity

I wouldn't say that either party is truly "winning," but it does appear that the Republicans are catching a lot more blame than Obama.

Shutdown Leads to New GOP Low, Obamacare Boost -- Daily Intelligencer

Congress is not the Republican Party... it's both...

When Bush hit 37% the press had an orgasm... and they hammered Bush43 for years before he got there... Obama has had a the powder puff propagandists propping him up for 5-years... why aren't they harder than a rock and shooter their loads at this new ObamaLow?

ROTFLOL... we know why... don't we?

If only the United States had a free and independent press....

If only the United States had a free and independent press....

We do, nobody pays any attention to it though so you're excused from not knowing it exists. All the drama, and hence all the attention, goes to the yahoos with the megaphones.

We do, nobody pays any attention to it though so you're excused from not knowing it exists. All the drama, and hence all the attention, goes to the yahoos with the megaphones.

Actually my sarcasm was directed more towards, a free press which skewered GW Bush for years @ 37% ignores the same with Obama. The yahoo's with megaphones are consciously covered to detract from the hypocrisy that is what used to be journalism in the U.S.

Sweet dreams my little one. But the AHC act is "off the table" just the same. This is from CNN

Showdown lowdown Day 10: The latest – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Oh and the polls don't look good for Republicans a lot of them will be scrambling for their seats next year. Then it will be over.

ROTFLOL... time will tell... and let's say the D's get control of both chambers (not likely) and finish off America... the wealthy will get wealthier, and the middle class will have Obama's dick shoved deeper up their butts.

For your sake, I hope you're wealthy or a major league... professional parasite.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom