• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama appeals for backing to hit Syria, Europeans urge delay

No matter what the report says, I have a feeling Obama will spin it as something that urges us to act against Assad now. Even if the report says that Al-Qaeda launched the weapons on the civilians.

That could have been a momentum right there. Obama would state that it was an independent Al-Qaeda group that launched the gas attack on civilians so as to attract an intervention. So then Obama would state that he shall be bombing Al-Qaeda instead of Assad as punishment for doing that. The Rebels, the ones whom may still be sane, would not mind for Al-Qaeda bombed civilians with gas. So this would be smooth operation.

THEN! Assad shoots an airplane and it is right back into bombing him again for that for it would be an act of war!!

That could have been a momentum right there. Obama would state that it was an independent Al-Qaeda group that launched the gas attack on civilians so as to attract an intervention. So then Obama would state that he shall be bombing Al-Qaeda instead of Assad as punishment for doing that. The Rebels, the ones whom may still be sane, would not mind for Al-Qaeda bombed civilians with gas. So this would be smooth operation.

THEN! Assad shoots an airplane and it is right back into bombing him again for that for it would be an act of war!!

Wow. Such imagination! You should write a novel. I don't give him much leadership credit, but this is ridiculous. You really think Obama's foreign policy is so advanced? -or did I miss your sarcasm?

I know where it is because it was a roman colony so I made the connection when hearing about Kosovo. Other than that I know nothing. lol

Ever since the colonization by the Roman Empire, the area was re-colonized by rivals in the Byzantine Empire (e.g., Slavs, Bulgarians, etc), then Ottoman Empire, then our neighbors supported from Russia, then WW1 Austro-Hungaria, WW2 Italians and Germans, and lastly Yougoslavia till our liberation in 1999.

Now liberated we get to call it what it always was and that is Dardania - surviving empires across millenniums.

On a more pragmatic and practical note, the present name that you stated has no meaning in Albanian. A bit strange this fact do not you think? The name means Black Bird (Albanian Black Eagle) but does so in Slavic.

The direct analogy would be for instance instead of United States someone deciding to call your country as Soyedinennyye Shtaty instead. Now the meaning is the same, but would Soyedinennyye Shtaty do for you?

Wow. Such imagination! You should write a novel. I don't give him much leadership credit, but this is ridiculous. You really think Obama's foreign policy is so advanced? -or did I miss your sarcasm?

Obama has Clinton in his circle and thereby I think that their foreign policy is far greater than this little imagination of mine! Many real calculations are probably taking place as we speak.

The momentum though, if really intended to go through with this, will be something as unexpected as my little example there.

Obama has Clinton in his circle and thereby I think that their foreign policy is far greater than this little imagination of mine! Many real calculations are probably taking place as we speak.

The momentum though, if really intended to go through with this, will be something as unexpected as my little example there.

Hope you're right DDD. Until then, have any aspirations to become Secretary of State?

Ever since the colonization by the Roman Empire, the area was re-colonized by rivals in the Byzantine Empire (e.g., Slavs, Bulgarians, etc), then Ottoman Empire, then our neighbors supported from Russia, then WW1 Austro-Hungaria, WW2 Italians and Germans, and lastly Yougoslavia till our liberation in 1999.

Now liberated we get to call it what it always was and that is Dardania - surviving empires across millenniums.

On a more pragmatic and practical note, the present name that you stated has no meaning in Albanian. A bit strange this fact do not you think? The name means Black Bird (Albanian Black Eagle) but does so in Slavic.

The direct analogy would be for instance instead of United States someone deciding to call your country as Soyedinennyye Shtaty instead. Now the meaning is the same, but would Soyedinennyye Shtaty do for you?

I can dig Soyedinennyye Shtaty.

Really? You would like your country to be represented with a minority language in USA?

I know it would never happen, but I would like it. It would throw off our enemies for a little bit too.

I know it would never happen, but I would like it. It would throw off our enemies for a little bit too.

Well I think such a name sucks for USA. By the way, do you know what Ari means in Albanian?

It is just a freaking report! Has Assad used WMD's or not!

Not the point.
The president needs to show some balls. And what better way then to "make a statement" in the ME.
He needs a win for his legacy. Something other than failed gun measures, failed foriegn policy, treated like a annoying litte brother to Putin.
Oh, and Obama care that may very well bankrupt more people and businesses than get medical help for.

Not the point.
The president needs to show some balls. And what better way then to "make a statement" in the ME.
He needs a win for his legacy. Something other than failed gun measures, failed foriegn policy, treated like a annoying litte brother to Putin.
Oh, and Obama care that may very well bankrupt more people and businesses than get medical help for.

Obama already has his legacy well established and bombing another UN nation without a clear plan for victory will just add to it.

Well I think such a name sucks for USA. By the way, do you know what Ari means in Albanian?

Nahh, It's a cool name. No, what does it mean?

Nahh, It's a cool name. No, what does it mean?

Means "United States" but in Russian. Just like this "Kossovo" means "Black Bird" but in Slavic.

See the meaning uses a minority language as an outlet to communicate itself? The outlet/language is not representative of the majority of the population? Not to mention that "Black Bird" is more related to a flag rather than the Dardanian people.

Hence Dardania is a more direct approach for this country.

Back
Top Bottom