• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama and Holder give the green light on legal pot.

James D Hill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Free at last.Free at last. The moral crusaders have lost and freedom rings. We are out from under the yoke of those who think they know better than you on which intoxicant you can use or not. Which state is going to be next when they see how much money is made. The hourse is out of the pen and the moral crusaders have lost. Thank you Lord the hypocricy has ended.

Free at last.Free at last. The moral crusaders have lost and freedom rings. We are out from under the yoke of those who think they know better than you on which intoxicant you can use or not. Which state is going to be next when they see how much money is made. The hourse is out of the pen and the moral crusaders have lost. Thank you Lord the hypocricy has ended.

What in the world are you talking about? You must be on pot because you aren't making any sense.

He is talking about the federal govt's decision to ignore another law; in this case the MJ laws passed in Washington and Colorado.

Maybe if he or one of his family members is run into by a pot smoking teenager and killed on the highway he'll think differently then he does now. I know its impacted my family that way and it sickens me that people want to help put more high smokers on the road next to the drunk drivers.

What in the world are you talking about? You must be on pot because you aren't making any sense.

The moral crusader have lost. Legal pot is here to stay. No I am not high right now but later maybe.

He is talking about the federal govt's decision to ignore another law; in this case the MJ laws passed in Washington and Colorado.

I thought States rights was big on your side....hmmm, go figure. Big Federal Government doesn't trample all over state law and you're upset.

Maybe if he or one of his family members is run into by a pot smoking teenager and killed on the highway he'll think differently then he does now. I know its impacted my family that way and it sickens me that people want to help put more high smokers on the road next to the drunk drivers.

Yeah, but we don't make alcohol illegal because of drunk drivers.

What are you talking about? Pot smokers drive way better than drunks and that was proven at Johns Hopkens in 1988 and King George the first was pissed and tried to block the result because it did not say what he wanted. Too bad JH is one of the best medical schools in the country.

I thought States rights was big on your side....hmmm, go figure. Big Federal Government doesn't trample all over state law and you're upset.

Yeah, but we don't make alcohol illegal because of drunk drivers.

The moral crusaders seem to forget about the fact they are for states rights when it goes against what they believe. How is pot any worse than booze or cigarettes? They don't seem to have an answer for that one.

The moral crusaders seem to forget about the fact they are for states rights when it goes against what they believe. How is pot any worse than booze or cigarettes? They don't seem to have an answer for that one.
We can thank the wonderful MRI for exposing drug warriors as the lairs they are. They can no longer contend falsehoods as facts and get away with it.

Obama ignoring drug laws? Again?

young-obama-smoking-marijuana.jpg

Are you seriously comparing recreation drug abuse to the civil rights struggles of American blacks? You should also consider not counting your chickens before they hatch, because marijuana is still a Schedule 1 drug, and the DEA still exists. Temporarily looking the other way is far from legalization.

Are you seriously comparing recreation drug abuse to the civil rights struggles of American blacks? You should also consider not counting your chickens before they hatch, because marijuana is still a Schedule 1 drug, and the DEA still exists. Temporarily looking the other way is far from legalization.

As a matter of fact I was. Discrimination in any form is wrong and I don't care what kind it is.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1062280602 said:
Obama ignoring drug laws? Again?

View attachment 67153169

Nice quip, but you wouldn't seriously suggest that the federal government prosecute cases in states that that have legalized pot. That would go against two conservative principles: upholding states rights and reducing government spending (particularly wasted government spending.)

I hope people to carry this momentum and consider it only a small victory; the second we become complacent due to every small "victory" we have while legalizing Marijuana, the Drug Warriors win. A revolutionist must remember that the revolution hasn't happened yet.

Nobody should be surprised at the actions of our Conservative peers; they aren't truly fighting for a small government, they're fighting to establish Moral Authoritarianism. When a small government doesn't work towards that end, they have no problems with increasing the deficit or giving the government more power. A true conservative wouldn't have let prohibition stand; it increases government spending and lengthens the reach of Authoritarian rule over the individual, which is Liberalism if I ever saw it. American Conservatives are liberals.

Yeah, it's not quite the same as equal rights for blacks. Let's keep some perspective, smokey.

See ya at the top of the mountain!

Yeah, emotional argument! Because obviously if you want weed to be legal, you want driving while high and vehicular manslaughter to be legal too! Woot!

You need to get help.

When you get busted for drugs that crap goes on your record and you can not work for many employers. That ruins your chance to work just as much as racial discrimination ever could. Why don't drunks get that same treatmeny? Hypocricy.

Yeah, it's not quite the same as equal rights for blacks. Let's keep some perspective, smokey.

See ya at the top of the mountain!

Dude. We have 2.3 million in prison because they did not use the intoxicant that the government said was legal. If that is not a civil rights issue then what is?

Dude. We have 2.3 million in prison because they did not use the intoxicant that the government said was legal. If that is not a civil rights issue then what is?

I didn't say it's not a civil rights issue. I said it doesn't compare to the black civil rights movement.

There is no advantage to getting high and driving. Indeed, it is both foolish and unlawful. So, how do you feel about people owning guns and drinking? No problem untl one of your family members gets shot because in a drunken stupor, our drinking buddy made an error. What might a pot smoker do? Break in your house and steal a sandwich?

I thought States rights was big on your side....hmmm, go figure. Big Federal Government doesn't trample all over state law and you're upset.Yeah, but we don't make alcohol illegal because of drunk drivers.

States rights are not important unless it's for imposing morality in which case it's very important. Hypocrisy really isn't a strong enough word.

Yeah, emotional argument! Because obviously if you want weed to be legal, you want driving while high and vehicular manslaughter to be legal too! Woot!

Sure. And if guns are to be legal, the right to shoot people must also be legal. :roll:

Can't we just make all drugs legal? Make them cheap and available - in that way those who cannot handle it will soon remove themselves from the human gene pool, and those who can avoid drug use will be stronger for it. Granted, many of these drugs are very dangerous to the young who have little or no experience with drugs and or have little to know knowledge of them. Since we're educating grade school kids sex, we should probably start them even earlier on recreational drugs.

Can't we just make all drugs legal? Make them cheap and available - in that way those who cannot handle it will soon remove themselves from the human gene pool, and those who can avoid drug use will be stronger for it. Granted, many of these drugs are very dangerous to the young who have little or no experience with drugs and or have little to know knowledge of them. Since we're educating grade school kids sex, we should probably start them even earlier on recreational drugs.

Just don't lie to them.

Untold.damage has been done by misrepresenting pot as as bad as heroine.

A kid who tries pot and discovers hes been loed to would be justified in assuming they're lying about meth too.

I happen to agree that it is time to legalize all drugs. But not make them either cheap or glamorized. You should be of age, you should require a prescription, you should have a license and drugs should be sold by the State in a functional supply store. No advertising, no promotion.

I agree that pot is a Euphoric, not a narcotic, but I'm not certain that it's any "better" than Meth or Heroin. They all have their time and place. If you abuse instead of using, that's your responsibility.

A reasonable analogy might be Oxycontin. Completely legal unless you cut the pill in half at which point it's a crime. Misuse of drugs often has serious consequences. Appropriate use, even recreational, is a reasonable personal choice.

I used to meet up with several friends at a cabin hidden away in the Sequoia National Forest. We would prepare a huge tri-tip, choose our music and take Ecstasy. We got pretty ****ed up ut we went nowhere and harmed no one. When we drove back home 2 or 3 days later, we were as sober as judges. We went back to our normal life stations.

Just don't lie to them.

Untold.damage has been done by misrepresenting pot as as bad as heroine.

A kid who tries pot and discovers hes been loed to would be justified in assuming they're lying about meth too.

Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom