• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama and Holder adress unfair drug sentencing laws.

Einstein once said insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. The drug war has not worked. It is more than an absymal failure. It has been used as a tool to further eroding our ever shrinking civil liberties and fuel an ever growing police state. It is in all important respects a carbon copy of prohibition with the exception that with prohibition eventually someone woke up and realized that it was stupid idea.

People have used drugs since the day - about 6000 years ago - that someone in ancient Sumer found out that they could get a nice buzz off of drinking rainwater that collected in a barrel of wheat. You honestly think that's ever going to change? Policies and laws that do not account for human nature are stupidity defined and are doomed to failure. Might as well as pass law forbidding the sun to rise. It is that simple.

If you don't want people to take drugs that you think are bad for them convince them of that fact. You'll get better results, it won't cost nearly as much and those of us who actually care about living in a free society will sleep easier.

Holder is a good start. The Feds though only have a small share of the drug incarcerations. The states have to get off the stick.

We lock up more people per capita than any place else in the world. That is a sad statement on this society that I, for one would like to see changed. I'm not holding my breath.

All they had to do is look at what a mess Prohibition was. It was like Hitler invading Russia when the French made the same mistake 132 years before.

The fact is the human animal loves to get high and they will because some capitalist will fill that need no matter what. It might as well be legal so the money goes to the right place.

Then you treat the Human Druggie Animal the same way you'd treat any animal with rabies, you put them down.

Then you treat the Human Druggie Animal the same way you'd treat any animal with rabies, you put them down.

This nation was built on drinking,drugging and screwing around. This has never been a moral country even though moralist freaks love to pretend. Even the freaking puritians drank like fish. I guess if we followed your logic our population would be much smaller. Get a freaking grip.

Except that people aren't dogs and people who take drugs generally aren't a threat to anyone.

Nice attitude. I ardently believe in gun rights and in the basic decency of people. Statements like yours make me wonder if maybe I've got it wrong on both counts.

Last edited:
I have news for you my friend. Poor people are already addicted to booze and drugs just like rich people. The human animal is by nature a glutton and that applies to food,drink and drugs.

So your proposal is to make it easier to feed the "gluttons", is that it?

One stupid post my friend.

You're the one that referred to the Human Animal likes their drugs. post 25. I agree, druggies are on the same level as some animals. Although I'll take my RottenPitts over a druggie any day. I can trust them more then a druggie can be trusted. Don't like my attitude, too bad. It's really simple, a rabid dog comes on my property I'll shot it, a druggie comes on my property and I'll shot it.

Just admit you have a problem. Not long ago you whined page after page about Employers doing drug test on prospective employees now you whine page after page because you want drugs legalized. Go ahead and admit you can't live without drugs and internet forums. Salvation Army has FREE drug rehab centers. Here's a good place to start...

The Salvation Army: Home

So if you buy a bag of cocaine it is one crime but if you cook it down in ammonia it is a 20 year minimum sentence. That is wrong. We have 2.3 million people behind bars for non voilent crimes at a cost of 25 billion a year. It is time for a change and the president and Eric Holder are adressing it even though they know the redneck house would never even bring it to a vote.

well you're chemically processing the drug. Which in this case apparently effects a range of things, from intensity of the high, to withdraws.

So if you buy a bag of cocaine it is one crime but if you cook it down in ammonia it is a 20 year minimum sentence. That is wrong. We have 2.3 million people behind bars for non voilent crimes at a cost of 25 billion a year. It is time for a change and the president and Eric Holder are adressing it even though they know the redneck house would never even bring it to a vote.

It is time for a change. Although I hold suspect the real reasons why they are directing this change, it is a positive move nonetheless. It is violent crime that we should focus on when putting people away in prison.

You're the one that referred to the Human Animal likes their drugs. post 25. I agree, druggies are on the same level as some animals. Although I'll take my RottenPitts over a druggie any day. I can trust them more then a druggie can be trusted. Don't like my attitude, too bad. It's really simple, a rabid dog comes on my property I'll shot it, a druggie comes on my property and I'll shot it.

Just admit you have a problem. Not long ago you whined page after page about Employers doing drug test on prospective employees now you whine page after page because you want drugs legalized. Go ahead and admit you can't live without drugs and internet forums. Salvation Army has FREE drug rehab centers. Here's a good place to start...

The Salvation Army: Home

I can live without drugs. I have went months without pot. What about drunks? Are they worthless too? You are talking like a feraking moron and you know it. Many smart people where drug addicts and drunks. Lets name a few. Davy Crockett,Daniel Boon,Carl Sagan,John Lennon,Paul McCartney,Elvis,US Grant,Sherman,Edgar Allan Poe,Winston Churchell,FDR,Robert Downer JR and the last 3 presidents of the USA who smoked pot and snorted coke to go with all the booze they drank. Are they all stupid or are just you?

well you're chemically processing the drug. Which in this case apparently effects a range of things, from intensity of the high, to withdraws.

Who cares? Isn't that what you do when you turn wine into brandy?

Who cares?

I am pointing out why there are legitimate reason to regulate and control them differently.

Isn't that what you do when you turn wine into brandy?

Well, to point out the obvious, we do regulate alcohol based on it's concentration

I can live without drugs. I have went months without pot. What about drunks? Are they worthless too? You are talking like a feraking moron and you know it. Many smart people where drug addicts and drunks. Lets name a few. Davy Crockett,Daniel Boon,Carl Sagan,John Lennon,Paul McCartney,Elvis,US Grant,Sherman,Edgar Allan Poe,Winston Churchell,FDR,Robert Downer JR and the last 3 presidents of the USA who smoked pot and snorted coke to go with all the booze they drank. Are they all stupid or are just you?

Typical dodge.... but, but, booze.... Can you prove that those you mentioned were drug addicts?
Simple fact: If someone can not deal with their lives without the need for reality altering drugs I consider them on the bottom of the food chain and a waste of human flesh.

Typical dodge.... but, but, booze.... Can you prove that those you mentioned were drug addicts?
Simple fact: If someone can not deal with their lives without the need for reality altering drugs I consider them on the bottom of the food chain and a waste of human flesh.

So you have never drank? You have never smoked? What makes you so self righteous? That is a sin just like being a glutton with booze and drugs. This nation was built on drugs and booze. Every one of those people I mentioned drank or did drugs or both. Carl Sagan loved to smoke pot. It was no secret. Evis killed him self with pills. Do you know how stupid and self righteous you sound. I hope the good Lord takes you to the whipping shed for that crap when you die. Get off your freaking high hourse and joint the human race. We are not all perfect and lack of brains seems to be your fault. Get with it. Judge not or you will be judged.

Last edited:
So you have never drank? You have never smoked? What makes you so self righteous? That is a sin just like being a glutton with booze and drugs. This nation was built on drugs and booze. Every one of those people I mentioned drank or did drugs or both. Carl Sagan loved to smoke pot. It was no secret. Evis killed him self with pills. Do you know how stupid and self righteous you sound. I hope the good Lord takes you to the whipping shed for that crap when you die. Get off your freaking high hourse and joint the human race. We are not all perfect and lack of brains seems to be your fault. Get with it. Judge not or you will be judged.

Took a drink when I was 14, didn't like the taste of it and never did it again, Watched my grand parents die of lung cancer. I was smart enough to see that smoking was bad so I never took it up. But this isn't a thread about drinking or smoking, it's about low life druggies. You still haven't proven all those people you mentioned were drug addicts, except maybe Elvis, he's a good drug addict now, he's dead. Just so you know, this forum does have a spel chek, learn how to use it.

Took a drink when I was 14, didn't like the taste of it and never did it again, Watched my grand parents die of lung cancer. I was smart enough to see that smoking was bad so I never took it up. But this isn't a thread about drinking or smoking, it's about low life druggies. You still haven't proven all those people you mentioned were drug addicts, except maybe Elvis, he's a good drug addict now, he's dead. Just so you know, this forum does have a spel chek, learn how to use it.

We are not talking about spelling you idiot. We are talking about your self righteous hypocritical attitude. Those people where all drunks and drug addicts. Davey Crockett was having DT's because the debates where taking to long in congress. Daniel Boone had to run away because of gambling debts and drunkeness. This nation was built on drinking and drug abuse. To deny it is to deny history and to be stupid. Not all adicts are morons like you.

We are not talking about spelling you idiot. We are talking about your self righteous hypocritical attitude. Those people where all drunks and drug addicts. Davey Crockett was having DT's because the debates where taking to long in congress. Daniel Boone had to run away because of gambling debts and drunkeness. This nation was built on drinking and drug abuse. To deny it is to deny history and to be stupid. Not all adicts are morons like you.

Since you can't prove what you say about these people, and no, I'm not going to just take your word for it. And you've regressed back to the 6th grade school yard antics, I'm done with you. Time for you to get back to flippin burgers at Micky D's, or do they drug test their employees.

Since you can't prove what you say about these people, and no, I'm not going to just take your word for it. And you've regressed back to the 6th grade school yard antics, I'm done with you. Time for you to get back to flippin burgers at Micky D's, or do they drug test their employees.

I believe the current and 3 of our last 4 Presidents are all on record as having smoked pot.

Some from the world of science -

Freud and Edison both used cocaine.

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates both used LSD (Gates has publicly admitted as much in an interview in Playboy)

Nobel winning physicist Richard Feynman publicly admitted to using LSD and marijuana (as well as to hanging out in brothels).

Carl Sagan wrote about his marijuana use.

The list of people who've contributed and continue to contribute to this society while being drug and alcohol users is literally innumerable. You are at best being disingenuous.

Read your freaking history books. Did you know that whiskey was used as money? That is why the Whiskey rebellion took place. Grant and Sherman both drank Whiskey like water. When Grants fellow officers complained to Abe he asked what kind of whiskey he was drinking because he wanted to buy all of his other genrals the same kind of whiskey to make them fight like Grant. This nation was built on the bottle,opium and cocaine. All your so called moralty can not change that fact. You are cleamn and sober good for you but don't think the rest of this country has to follow you down the primrose path and once again get off your high horse.

I believe the current and 3 of our last 4 Presidents are all on record as having smoked pot.

Some from the world of science -

Freud and Edison both used cocaine.

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates both used LSD (Gates has publicly admitted as much in an interview in Playboy)

Nobel winning physicist Richard Feynman publicly admitted to using LSD and marijuana (as well as to hanging out in brothels).

Carl Sagan wrote about his marijuana use.

The list of people who've contributed and continue to contribute to this society while being drug and alcohol users is literally innumerable. You are at best being disingenuous.

BMCM seems to be ignorant of his history. Many drug and booze users did not fit in and left. They where the ones who started the westward movement along with people who suffered discrimination like the Mormons. Drinking and drugging is as American as apple pie. It has always driven the music business and Hollywood. It set the foundation for modern electronics and free thinkers of all kinds. I can't believe he asked for prof the Beatles used drugs. That shows his ignorance right there.

Back
Top Bottom