• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama: Ahmadinejad's Sept. 11 Statements 'Hateful'

digsbe

Truth will set you free
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
FOXNews.com - Obama: Ahmadinejad's Sept. 11 Statements 'Hateful'

President Obama slammed Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Friday for suggesting before the U.N. General Assembly that the Sept. 11 terror attacks were an inside job, describing the comments as "hateful" and inexcusable."

Obama personally responded to the Iranian leader's remarks in an interview with BBC Persian. He said the Iranian leader was once again demonstrating the difference between his regime and the "respectful and thoughtful" Iranian people.
"For Ahmadinejad to come to somebody else's country and then to suggest somehow that the worst tragedy that's been experienced here, (an) attack that killed 3,000 people, was somehow the responsibility of the government of that country, is something that defies not just common sense but basic sense -- basic senses of decency that aren't unique to any particular country," Obama said. "They're common to the entire world."

The president made passing reference to Iran in his U.N. address Thursday morning, urging the country to come clean on its nuclear program. Ahmadinejad, taking the podium in the afternoon, used his address to assail the "Zionist regime" and spread conspiracy theories about the 2001 attacks -- prompting the U.S. delegation to walk out.

Way to go president Obama:thumbs: I don't agree with him on much, but I am very pleased with his actions regarding Ahmedinejad and his hateful and inappropriate claims that the US was responsible for the 9/11 attacks. I completely agree with this and applaud the president on this issue.

Ahmadinejad I sounding almost a few people from a certain leftist leftist party talking about Bush.

To have Obama condemn Ahmadinejad is a bit of a nice surprise.

Ahmadinejad is on need of terrible accident over the deepest part of the Atlantic Ocean and after his plane is lost we can jump up and offer our help in the futile search for survivors. Then issue our deepest heart felt sorrow over their unfortunate loss.

Ahmadinejad I sounding almost a few people from a certain leftist leftist party talking about Bush.
Aren't most Truthers Libertarians? (Not saying all Libertarians are truthers, probably far from it, but I have yet to see a liberal truther)

He condemned him during the Iranian elections.

Ahmadinejad is on need of terrible accident over the deepest part of the Atlantic Ocean and after his plane is lost we can jump up and offer our help in the futile search for survivors. Then issue our deepest heart felt sorrow over their unfortunate loss.
He would get replaced by someone just like him. He is a puppet of Ali Khameni and the Council of Guardians. Removing him would do nothing to help anyone, because he is just the symptom, not the disease.

Overly-reactionary politics are not what we need.

If Ahmadinejad died, he would be replaced with someone very similar to himself. What Iran needs is something to fuel the fires of revolution that are already smoldering.

Aren't most Truthers Libertarians? (Not saying all Libertarians are truthers, probably far from it, but I have yet to see a liberal truther

The poll found that a majority of young adults give at least some credence to a 9/11 conspiracy compared to less than a fourth of people 65 or older. Members of racial and ethnic minorities, people with only a high school education and Democrats were especially likely to suspect federal involvement in 9/11.

Third of Americans suspect 9-11 government conspiracy | ScrippsNews

Democrats in America are evenly divided on the question of whether George W. Bush knew about the 9/11 terrorist attacks in advance. Thirty-five percent (35%) of Democrats believe he did know, 39% say he did not know, and 26% are not sure.

Republicans reject that view and, by a 7-to-1 margin, say the President did not know in advance about the attacks. Among those not affiliated with either major party, 18% believe the President knew and 57% take the opposite view.

Overall, 22% of all voters believe the President knew about the attacks in advance.

22% Believe Bush Knew About 9/11 Attacks in Advance - Rasmussen Reports™

Back
Top Bottom