• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Obama: African-Americans Are Incapable of Acting as Citizens of the United States

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Michael Applebaum, MD
July 22, 2013

It is with sadness that I witnessed the president of the United States tell the world that African-Americans are incapable of functioning as responsible citizens at the most basic level.

Our first White African American leader said:

You know, when Trayvon Martin was first shot I said that this could have been my son. Another way of saying that is Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago. And when you think about why, in the African American community at least, there's a lot of pain around what happened here, I think it's important to recognize that the African American community is looking at this issue through a set of experiences and a history that doesn't go away.

There are very few African American men in this country who haven't had the experience of being followed when they were shopping in a department store. That includes me. There are very few African American men who haven't had the experience of walking across the street and hearing the locks click on the doors of cars. That happens to me - at least before I was a senator. There are very few African Americans who haven't had the experience of getting on an elevator and a woman clutching her purse nervously and holding her breath until she had a chance to get off. That happens often.

And I don't want to exaggerate this, but those sets of experiences inform how the African American community interprets what happened one night in Florida. And it's inescapable for people to bring those experiences to bear. The African American community is also knowledgeable that there is a history of racial disparities in the application of our criminal laws - everything from the death penalty to enforcement of our drug laws. And that ends up having an impact in terms of how people interpret the case.​

Although he would know best whether he, 35 years ago, would be adjudged a thug and potential murderer who could be stopped from taking the life of another only by being shot, it is another thing to indict an entire group as incapable of behaving as citizens.

Read more:
Blog: Obama: African-Americans Are Incapable of Acting as Citizens of the United States

Now why would Barry make round about statements that African-Americans cannot act as citizens? Is he pandering to his Progressive eugenic friends

If I were a public figure (with a lot of money) and people made headlines like this that attributed comments to me that I did not make in a way that is clearly meant to harm my reputation, I would sue the **** out of them every single time.

Now why would Barry make round about statements that African-Americans cannot act as citizens?
His name isn't Barry, it is Barack. How did he say African-Americans cannot act as citizens?

Last edited:
If I were a public figure (with a lot of money) and people made headlines like this that attributed comments to me that I did not make in a way that is clearly meant to harm my reputation, I would sue the **** out of them every single time.

If that were allowed Romney would be even richer than he is and a whole lot of liberal rags and their sites would be out of business. :mrgreen:

His name isn't Barry, is Barack. How did he say African-Americans cannot act as citizens?

Have you not met Werewolf? Sad, pathetic figure on these threads, and its leading bigot. He still hasn't come to terms with Obama being re-elected ... if you're thinking of having adult conversation with him, good luck ... but maybe you'll succeed where others have failed ...

By Michael Applebaum, MD
July 22, 2013

It is with sadness that I witnessed the president of the United States tell the world that African-Americans are incapable of functioning as responsible citizens at the most basic level.

Our first White African American leader said:

You know, when Trayvon Martin was first shot I said that this could have been my son. Another way of saying that is Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago. And when you think about why, in the African American community at least, there's a lot of pain around what happened here, I think it's important to recognize that the African American community is looking at this issue through a set of experiences and a history that doesn't go away.

There are very few African American men in this country who haven't had the experience of being followed when they were shopping in a department store. That includes me. There are very few African American men who haven't had the experience of walking across the street and hearing the locks click on the doors of cars. That happens to me - at least before I was a senator. There are very few African Americans who haven't had the experience of getting on an elevator and a woman clutching her purse nervously and holding her breath until she had a chance to get off. That happens often.

And I don't want to exaggerate this, but those sets of experiences inform how the African American community interprets what happened one night in Florida. And it's inescapable for people to bring those experiences to bear. The African American community is also knowledgeable that there is a history of racial disparities in the application of our criminal laws - everything from the death penalty to enforcement of our drug laws. And that ends up having an impact in terms of how people interpret the case.​

Although he would know best whether he, 35 years ago, would be adjudged a thug and potential murderer who could be stopped from taking the life of another only by being shot, it is another thing to indict an entire group as incapable of behaving as citizens.

Read more:
Blog: Obama: African-Americans Are Incapable of Acting as Citizens of the United States

Now why would Barry make round about statements that African-Americans cannot act as citizens? Is he pandering to his Progressive eugenic friends

what playdrive said.

Have you not met Werewolf? Sad, pathetic figure on these threads, and its leading bigot. He still hasn't come to terms with Obama being re-elected ... if you're thinking of having adult conversation with him, good luck ... but maybe you'll succeed where others have failed ...

You folks obviously have not read your own messiah's book. Barry is what he went by for the majority of his young life. The Barack name didn't get much exercise until he saw it opened some doors for him.

You folks obviously have not read your own messiah's book. Barry is what he went by for the majority of his young life. The Barack name didn't get much exercise until he saw it opened some doors for him.

LOL ... yeah, the poster and Obama go way back, so he affectionately calls him "Barry" ... he of course did not mean it as a sign of disrespect ... not Werewolf ...

But I especially like your insinuation that if you want to be President of the United States, a name like Barack Hussein Obama will get you there faster than white on rice ...

What is it with you all? Have you no shame at all?

The only pleasure I take away from exchanges with people like you is that it drives you up a wall that Mr. Barack H. Obama is your president, twice elected by your fellow citizens and if they allowed you to clean the toilets in the WH, that would be a promotion for you ...

Maybe when the chosen one stops wanting to "honor" thugs and thieves we can respect him an ounce.

He's not young anymore. When an adult says "my name is," then you, as an alleged fellow adult are expected to use that name.

And aside from that, you are not on a first-name basis with the president, and your use of his childhood name is intended as a slur, and has been duly noted as such.

Back
Top Bottom