• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama admits what Bush couldn't and Blair won't

Sarah Palin was roundly criticized for being unable to quickly and succinctly describe the "Bush Doctrine", but at least the mainstream media and liberals realized that there was one. Can anyone describe what the Obama doctrine is regarding foreign policy? I dare you. Therein lies the problem.

What actually happened..

What Bush presented to the world.

Link.

Try again?

You did not read far enough into your own link:

"Ashton B. Carter, an assistant secretary of defense under President Clinton who is now co-director of the Harvard-Stanford Preventive Defense Project, agreed that Iraq was a turning point in convincing Colonel Qaddafi to give up his weapons."

What worries me with the West's meddling in the M.E. is that we don't plan or consider the consequences of our actions; Hussein was removed and that failure to garrison troops or create some form of replacement policing machine created the mess we see now in Iraq and then within 15 years of that salutory lesson we removed Ghaddafi and left even quicker.

I have read that had there been a stationing of western troops as we saw in South Korea then things might have been more peaceful but I'm not so sure as Korea was so different.

Anyhow, at least we have had a confession from one of the wests leaders in these events - time for others to also step forward.

Kudos to Obama for admitting that mistake.

Back
Top Bottom