• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Obama Administration Watched Them Die And Denied Their Request For Help [W:84]

Re: Obama Administration Watched Them Die And Denied Their Request For Help

Every single thing you wrote is based a lie. The officers were not told to stand down. They were told to wait until the Libyan security force could be contacted so they could coordinate with them. The delay lasted about 20 minutes.
It seems that it is you who prefer the lie.
Around 9:40 Benghazi Massacre time they asked permission to engage America's enemies. They were told to stand down. An hour later they asked again and again they were told to stand down. There was not 20 minute delay. This looks like a lie to me.

Two former Navy SEALS, and two CIA operatives, did what Pansy Panetta would not do. They took the fight to America's enemies.

And you, and your liberal fellow travelers continue to lie about it. But it is not going to work over the long haul. The truth always comes out. The one term Marxist has done an unusually good job of covering up the facts. If we had a real press in this country he could not continue the lie that you support.

And I honestly could not give less of a ****,
As I said. None of the reasons I dislike you will matter to you. No biggie.

and this has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that you are spreading false and malicious information about this situation and you are doing so not because you care about the four people killed, but because you hate the president.
Show me my errors.

It is completely out of hand and unfortunately the moderators have chosen to allow absolutely unliminted discussion of this topic, which has nothing at all to do with the election, in the election forum. They should create a separate Benghazi sub-forum in the conspiracy theory section.
How childish of you. Of course this has a great deal to do with the election. We need an American president who will defend Americans. This current occupant, the one who voted present, has never been up to the task. Obama's Benghazi Massacre shows him in his true light. It does the same for you.

It seems that it is you who prefer the lie.
Around 9:40 Benghazi Massacre time they asked permission to engage America's enemies. They were told to stand down. An hour later they asked again and again they were told to stand down. There was not 20 minute delay. This looks like a lie to me.

Two former Navy SEALS, and two CIA operatives, did what Pansy Panetta would not do. They took the fight to America's enemies.

And you, and your liberal fellow travelers continue to lie about it. But it is not going to work over the long haul. The truth always comes out. The one term Marxist has done an unusually good job of covering up the facts. If we had a real press in this country he could not continue the lie that you support.

Ah, I see. Because you say so! Well then it must be true.

Show me my errors.

Your error is in making unsupported assertions. Show me the proof for your claims.

Earlier I wrote, "It seems that it is you who prefer the lie.

Ah, I see. Because you say so! Well then it must be true.
Imagine that! We completely agree.

Earlier I wrote, "It seems that it is you who prefer the lie.

Imagine that! We completely agree.

I think you forgot the link.

Your error is in making unsupported assertions. Show me the proof for your claims.

Lazy? Show me where I have either misunderstood the story or have erred in my judgments. Then let's talk about why you have so little understanding.

I think you forgot the link.
Sometimes it is useful to ask for links. Other times it is just a dodge.

Sometimes it is useful to ask for links. Other times it is just a dodge.

And the link is where?

Wow! Anything I actually want to say to you would get me banned. It is very hard for me to see just how low some people stoop to suck up Obama's spit.

I'm not going to post it here, but I just said in another thread that the most absurd notion in American politics is the idea that who is President dramatically changes the course of our nation. I mean, 9/11 happened with W in office, and while some people still say it was his fault, I never have. It could have been prevented but that doesn't mean it was his fault. Were there mistakes made relating to the attack on our embassy in Benghazi? The outcome certainly indicates we did. Would Romney have prevented the attack were he in office that day? Would he have gotten Bin Laden had he been in office the last 4 years?

Frankly, I sincerely doubt anything would have changed. 9/11/2001 would have happened with a President Obama, and 9/11/2012 would have happened with a President Romney, or a President Bush, or a President Clinton, or a President Oprah.

You can make your judgements without knowing the facts, but I'm going to continue to support politicians who work for all Americans and not just a select few Americans who practically live in a board room. Sadly, as I said above, I don't really think it matters that much. Washington may be leased to individuals who call themselves Democrats and Republicans, but the landlords have names like Rockefeller and Cargill and Koch and Bloomberg. In that vein, I find your condemnation of my comments to be absurd, as if you think I want Americans to die because I'm still going to vote for Obama. I opposed the war in Iraq and the war in Afghanistan all along, and I support Universal Health care. How about you? And the follow-up question is that, upon examination of our differing viewpoints, which one of us believes in saving the lives of our fellow Americans?

They ain't gonna do what they say they're gonna do, but I'd rather vote for the guy who probably actually wants to do the right thing. Romney doesn't even pretend he wants to make our lives better. I'd probably sleep better at night if I voted for the Green Party, but I believe in the ideals of people like Paul Wellstone and I'm going to believe that if the people demand it, we'll eventually see a better America

There are indications that General Ham did and he was fired. He is reported to have said he had assets available and was going to use them despite the president's orders to abandon the defenders.

I'd like to hear more about that.

The 'basic principle is that you don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on; withut having some real-time information about what's taking place,' [Panetta] said during a joint question-and-answer session with Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff General Martin Dempsey.

'As a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, General Ham, Generaly Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation,' Panetta said.

On 29 October 2012, General Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, stated:

"The speculation that General Carter Ham is departing Africa Command (AFRICOM) due to events in Benghazi, Libya, on 11 September 2012 is absolutely false. General Ham's departure is part of routine succession planning that has been on going since July. He continues to serve in AFRICOM with my complete confidence."

snopes.com: Attack on the U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi

The lie in the story is that this was a deliberate CIA response. We know that it is a lie. The Intrepid Four, led by former Navy SEALs Woods and Doherty along with two CIA operatives heard the gunfire and went to investigate. They asked permission to engage America's' enemies and were told to stand down. That was right after the beginning of the first assault of the consulate. About an hour later, perhaps when it was obvious that no one was coming Woods and Doherty again requested permission to engage Americas' enemies. Again they were told no. Maybe they realized, at that very moment that America's enemies occupied not only the Consulate in Benghazi but also the White House in Washington DC. So they went ahead and did the right thing.

Of course Obama, the man who wants to be flexible with our enemies showed that evening that he could easily support Islamist radical terrorists.
And just as easily he showed that he is a man with no soul. Maybe he already knew how the story was supposed to end. Maybe Steven's was supposed to be kidnapped in that attack.

We know the president lied and said when he heard about it (what a weak thing to say) he told the secretary of defense to secure those people. Well, the SECDEF did. He secured them in body bags.

I don't know who you are citing about order to stand down, but the article I cite is public statement from sr. intelligence officials, and it says CIA operatives fought their way and were in the embassy in an hour, and in another 30 minutes they rescued 30 people and fought their way back out of the embassy. That is not "stand down". Do you dispute that 30 people were rescued within 90 minutes of the attack starting and if you do please cite your source.

Erin Burnett reported this evening on CNN that the Benghazi consulate was basically a CIA outpost hidden within the State Department. While this is hardly news to me that it happens, it will be interesting to see what the world will think of the US using its embassies for CIA operations.

And the link is where?
If you had any intellectual curiosity you can find plenty of links. If you don't know how to conduct an Internet search perhaps one of your friends can walk you through it.

I don't know who you are citing about order to stand down, but the article I cite is public statement from sr. intelligence officials, and it says CIA operatives fought their way and were in the embassy in an hour, and in another 30 minutes they rescued 30 people and fought their way back out of the embassy. That is not "stand down". Do you dispute that 30 people were rescued within 90 minutes of the attack starting and if you do please cite your source.
Who would I believe, someone who was in Benghazi during the attack and reported the exchanges or a member of the regime who puts this nonsense out a month later after the regime's lies are falling apart?

You are the second person here who is unfamiliar with the tools available to search for interesting information on the Internet.

Erin Burnett reported this evening on CNN that the Benghazi consulate was basically a CIA outpost hidden within the State Department. While this is hardly news to me that it happens, it will be interesting to see what the world will think of the US using its embassies for CIA operations.

Where is your patriotism?

The CIA injecting itself into foreign governments is vital to our freedom.

SO you got nuthin, huh?
Who would I believe, someone who was in Benghazi during the attack and reported the exchanges or a member of the regime who puts this nonsense out a month later after the regime's lies are falling apart?

You are the second person here who is unfamiliar with the tools available to search for interesting information on the Internet.

Your facts are close.

Former Navy SEALS Woods and Doherty, in the country for a mission not related to the Consulate, along with two operatives heard the gunfire, knew what it meant and requested permission to engage America's enemies. They were told to stand down.

About an hour later they again requested permission to engage America's enemies. Again they were told to stand down. But they didn't. They disobeyed orders and began killing Islamist radicals. The fought their way into the Consulate, searched the buildings and evacuated the ones they found.

You asked me to dispute the part you got right. The part I dispute is the idea that they had permission to go. Woods and Doherty had to disobey orders. We got that piece of information early on from a fox news reporter in Libya.

That is how misinformation, or disinformation works. The liar takes the facts that are known and weaves in the lie. In this case the lie is that Woods and Doherty were never told to stand down.

I'm not going to post it here, but I just said in another thread that the most absurd notion in American politics is the idea that who is President dramatically changes the course of our nation. I mean, 9/11 happened with W in office, and while some people still say it was his fault, I never have. It could have been prevented but that doesn't mean it was his fault. Were there mistakes made relating to the attack on our embassy in Benghazi? The outcome certainly indicates we did. Would Romney have prevented the attack were he in office that day? Would he have gotten Bin Laden had he been in office the last 4 years?

Frankly, I sincerely doubt anything would have changed. 9/11/2001 would have happened with a President Obama, and 9/11/2012 would have happened with a President Romney, or a President Bush, or a President Clinton, or a President Oprah.

You can make your judgements without knowing the facts, but I'm going to continue to support politicians who work for all Americans and not just a select few Americans who practically live in a board room. Sadly, as I said above, I don't really think it matters that much. Washington may be leased to individuals who call themselves Democrats and Republicans, but the landlords have names like Rockefeller and Cargill and Koch and Bloomberg. In that vein, I find your condemnation of my comments to be absurd, as if you think I want Americans to die because I'm still going to vote for Obama. I opposed the war in Iraq and the war in Afghanistan all along, and I support Universal Health care. How about you? And the follow-up question is that, upon examination of our differing viewpoints, which one of us believes in saving the lives of our fellow Americans?

They ain't gonna do what they say they're gonna do, but I'd rather vote for the guy who probably actually wants to do the right thing. Romney doesn't even pretend he wants to make our lives better. I'd probably sleep better at night if I voted for the Green Party, but I believe in the ideals of people like Paul Wellstone and I'm going to believe that if the people demand it, we'll eventually see a better America
Why not just say you prefer the one term Marxist and it does not matter that he lied to you and that his minions lied to you?

Where is your patriotism?

The CIA injecting itself into foreign governments is vital to our freedom.

I have a story from a guy who was a friend of a friend that I shall not repeat, but it is funny to me

It happens. Not sure how many people overseas know it though while I am sure they well suspect it.

Early on there was a story that General Ham offered up assets to rush to Benghazi and he was told not to send them. As the story goes he said he was sending them. A few minutes later he was relieved.

Several people here has said the story is incorrect. I have not looked.

Earlier I wrote, "Who would I believe, someone who was in Benghazi during the attack and reported the exchanges or a member of the regime who puts this nonsense out a month later after the regime's lies are falling apart?

You are the second person here who is unfamiliar with the tools available to search for interesting information on the Internet."

To which you replied,

SO you got nuthin, huh?
Apparently not for you.

YOu post it, you back it up. Or just post it for our amusement.
Earlier I wrote, "Who would I believe, someone who was in Benghazi during the attack and reported the exchanges or a member of the regime who puts this nonsense out a month later after the regime's lies are falling apart?

You are the second person here who is unfamiliar with the tools available to search for interesting information on the Internet."

To which you replied,

Apparently not for you.

A few messages below this one AdamT says it is not true. I withdraw my statement until the story becomes clearer.

Back
Top Bottom