• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Admin to Femanize U.S. Military Combat Uniform

APACHERAT

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
That's right, Obama's administration in the name of diversity, aka liberal social engineering of the U.S. military will be forcing American male warriors to wear gay famine clothing into combat.

>" A new combat uniform with special consideration to the female body is now available at Fort Gordon, almost a month after the Army announced plans to open all units and military jobs to women by 2016.

The March debut of the Combat Uniform-Alternate is the first in a series of moves the Army hopes to make in the next three years to help female soldiers feel like more professional members, officials said.

With narrower shoulders, a slightly tapered waist and a more spacious seat, the unisex clothing line has been in the works since 2009 and is being issued to all installations – ..."< -> Unisex Uniforms Debut As Army Opens Units To Women « CBS Atlanta

Note: Obama's PC Dept. of Defense already convinced Congress to order all Marines, soldiers, sailors and airmen to wear the same combat/utilities uniforms.
Now all Marines, soldiers, sailors and airmen will be required (forced/ordered) to ware famine/gay field uniforms.

Side Drift: Has the U.S. Army removed those signs that state "Through these doors pass the best dressed soldiers in the world" ??? The U.S. Army no longer has a service uniform !!! American Army soldiers are seen at airports wearing combat uniforms like third world African soldiers.

The U.S. Army doesn't even have a service uniform any more !

Hrm... I remember always complaining about how wide the shoulders and how narrow the hips of my ACUs were. What a fantastic idea. Men and women have the exact same body shapes.

And I don't see how this makes anything more female friendly, we already had female and male ACUs individually. This just makes both sides uncomfortable.

Yeah, so feminine...

size0.jpg

By the way, since you apparently have never met a gay person, hint: they dress just like every one else.

Yeah, so feminine...

By the way, since you apparently have never met a gay person, hint: they dress just like every one else.

Other than PC, what possible reason could there be for unisex clothing? What is discriminatory about male uniforms and female uniforms?

Until they go pink, I really wouldn't worry about this.

Vive la différence

Other than PC, what possible reason could there be for unisex clothing? What is discriminatory about male uniforms and female uniforms?

From the article:

According to a 2008 Army focus group report, “unisex” combat uniforms designed for men fit many women badly in the shoulders, bust, hips and crotch and left many buying larger sizes.

The Army designed a solution and had 400 active-duty and 200 National Guard and Reserve female soldiers fit-test the line in 2011.

Eighty-six percent said the coat fit better and 71 percent said the trousers fit better, Maj. Laverne Stanley, the assistant product manager of soldier clothing and individual equipment, said in a statement.

Apparently there already was a unisex uniform, and they sucked if I read this maybe some one on active duty can confirm or clarify.

Oh, and I almost missed this: it is an alternate uniform, with soldiers being allowed to wear the old ACU. So this is much ado about jack ****.

You were quick Redress to start lerking after me after my hiatus.

I've lived in the land of fruits and nuts since 1953, I'm pretty sure I have met more than a few fags. Actually I never met a gay that I didn't like as an individual. I always found the fairy type as being funny and entertaining, just like you.

This thread is about the liberal Obama administration social engineering of the U.S. military and going as far as feminizing the combat uniform of American soldiers and Marines in the name of diversity.

Back in 1942 the USMC came up with the best combat utility uniform ever developed by any country, It was plain and simple, loose fitting and comfortable while you were killing the enemy. It was the Herringbone utility uniform. It was the basic uniform until a liberal known as Robert McNamara would order all soldiers, Marines, etc. to wear the same uniform that was uncomfortable, didn't breath but looked cool on the parade field. Don't even want to get into the Vietnam era jungle fatigues that you sweat in and didn't breath.
Have you ever wonder why Marines and soldiers never wore underwear in Vietnam ?
GOING COMMANDO

Oh, and I almost missed this: it is an alternate uniform, with soldiers being allowed to wear the old ACU. So this is much ado about jack ****.

LOL, are you sure you were in the military? You wear whatever you're told to wear by your unit. Did you really think one guy could go pick his uniform out? If everyone is wearing unisex, he will too. There is absolutely zero reason for this other than PC. If you can come up with one, I'd like to hear it.

I don't care whose fault it is, Obama's, Bush's, or Abraham Lincoln's. A unisex uniform is an abomination and it shouldn't exist.

I've lived in the land of fruits and nuts since 1953, I'm pretty sure I have met more than a few fags. Actually I never met a gay that I didn't like as an individual. I always found the fairy type as being funny and entertaining, just like you.

This thread is about the liberal Obama administration social engineering of the U.S. military and going as far as feminizing the combat uniform of American soldiers and Marines in the name of diversity.

Back in 1942 the USMC came up with the best combat utility uniform ever developed by any country, It was plain and simple, loose fitting and comfortable while you were killing the enemy. It was the Herringbone utility uniform. It was the basic uniform until a liberal known as Robert McNamara would order all soldiers, Marines, etc. to wear the same uniform that was uncomfortable, didn't breath but looked cool on the parade field. Don't even want to get into the Vietnam era jungle fatigues that you sweat in and didn't breath.
GOING COMMANDO

Actually, something you failed to notice is this came about from a 2008 report. I know, darn facts getting in the way again. And your ignorance of gays is still hilarious. And a uniform is hardly what you would call social engineering. Do you ever actually get anything right?

LOL, are you sure you were in the military? You wear whatever you're told to wear by your unit. Did you really think one guy could go pick his uniform out? If everyone is wearing unisex, he will too. There is absolutely zero reason for this other than PC. If you can come up with one, I'd like to hear it.

I don't care whose fault it is, Obama's, Bush's, or Abraham Lincoln's. A unisex uniform is an abomination and it shouldn't exist.

Well, maybe you should have read the ****ing article since it explained it. It came about due to poor fit of the old ACUs.

And I was in the navy, where we were assumed to be able to think to a point of determining which uniform was appropriate for the situation.

This is the best combat uniform ever issued by the U.S. military. In particulare the USMC.
rifleman_field.jpg
A Marine rifleman as depicted in a training manual from 1945. The loose cut of the utility uniform is evident in this photograph. This uniform was designed for comfort, not for the parade ground. USMC Photo

Prior to 1941, the Marine Corps did not have a specific field uniform. Marines in combat and field training wore the winter or summer service uniform, depending on the time of year, and geographic location. During the early battles of World War II, Marines in combat wore the summer service uniform with the World War I-style M1917A1 steel helmet.

The 1941 pattern utility uniform was standardized for wear on 7 November 1941. It was originally intended to be a general purpose work uniform to be worn over the service uniform for working parties, field day, etc. But it quickly supplanted the service uniform for field wear. The utility uniform gave the World War II Marine a workmanlike appearance. It was simple, easy to maintain, and devoid of any frills or unnecessary features.
The 1941 pattern utility uniform was a two piece suit made of heavy sage green cotton herringbone twill. The jacket had three flapless pockets, one on the left chest, and two on the front hips. It was secured by three metal riveted buttons embossed with "U. S. Marine Corps." The trousers had a button fly with four pockets. There were several arrangements of pockets on the trousers, depending upon manufacturer.

The utility uniform had superior wearing and camouflage characteristics. It was well suited to conditions in the Pacific campaigns. Marines wore it for all evolutions, from field training to combat. As a consequence, the service uniform was reserved for formal occasions, liberty, leave, etc.

The environment that Marine lived in was harsh on uniforms and equipment. Utilities quickly faded to an aged appearance. Sometimes, Marines sped up the process by washing their clothes in sea water to give them a "salty" look. In combat, they dispensed with everything that was not absolutely necessary. For example, leggings were often discarded. They were difficult to lace on when wet, took a long time to dry and chafed the ankles in the heat. Sometimes, Marines rolled up their trouser legs, but not always.

During the war, the word "dungarees" was the common nickname for this uniform in keeping with the nautical heritage of the Corps. Marines also frequently called the uniform simply, "utilities." It was never called "fatigues," this being an Army word. The World War II Marine Utility Uniform

GOING COMMANDO

Brings whole new meaning to jungle rot.

Brings whole new meaning to jungle rot.

Either you know what your talking about Moot or you know someone who has been there and done that.

Jungle rot !

The old herringbone utilities were 100 % cotton. They breathed but they rotted quickly in the humid tropics and they ripped easily in the field. But they were comfortable. They were baggy, loose fitting.
In Vietnam they came up with the jungle fatigues / utilities that were beagy but were synthetic/cotton material that didn't rip or rot as quickly but didn't breath and were very uncomfortable and you sweated while wearing them.

Nothing has changed since Vietnam. Civilians within the Department of Defense have ignored the Marines and soldiers who actually have to fight. We have seen stupid camouflage pattern to wearing berets and the U.S, Army no longer has a service uniform. There are third world country armies who are bettered dressed than the U.S. Army today.
Look at what the liberal civilians who never served in combat are proposing.

If you look at this PC combat uniform, it's not beagy enough, It's too tight fitting. It's not practical in a combat environment.

What really exposes it being a political correctness move is raising the nametag high above the breast pocket. The libs were yelling that the Plt. Cmdrs. and or Co. CO's were not looking at the name tags of the female members of their unitis but looking at their breast !!!
Is there anyone who can't explain why the name tags would be raised so high ? PC to the extreme.

I love how the military is a target for feminists and liberals and just like in everything else they touch they know just about nothing about what they are doing.

So anyway, when is this equally nonsense going to get to the point where women have to register for the draft? Just wondering..

Last edited:
Well, maybe you should have read the ****ing article since it explained it. It came about due to poor fit of the old ACUs.

And I was in the navy, where we were assumed to be able to think to a point of determining which uniform was appropriate for the situation.

hahaha, funny story I did Boot at Great Mistakes... Well in typical Chicago fashion it was June, cold as hell and snowing. We were instructed as a company to meet our CC at this one location on base and as you know you aren't suppose to march in formation with your hands in your pockets. So, the purpose of this rendezvous was a Dress Whites inspection with the Division Officer. Being as cold as it was some of the numbskulls decided to wear their winter gloves. Winter Gloves with our Dress Whites.... Can you say EMI?

Is there anyone who can't explain why the name tags would be raised so high ? PC to the extreme.

Pache I'm still trying to figure out who was the dink who thought it a good idea to fit our boys in the WORLD"S FINEST NAVY with blue camoflauge BDUs...Like during a UA swim you want to blend in with the water...:sinking:

My question is when I was in, I had to pay for my own uniforms -- So with all these changes it seems every other year, are our men and women having to cough up their own coin or do they get some sort of trade in. Cuz that's a nice scam the DoD is running..

Either you know what your talking about Moot or you know someone who has been there and done that.

Jungle rot !
My cousin got a bad case of jungle rot while serving in Vietnam. It looked very painful.

The old herringbone utilities were 100 % cotton. They breathed but they rotted quickly in the humid tropics and they ripped easily in the field. But they were comfortable. They were baggy, loose fitting.
In Vietnam they came up with the jungle fatigues / utilities that were beagy but were synthetic/cotton material that didn't rip or rot as quickly but didn't breath and were very uncomfortable and you sweated while wearing them.
I knew a few Vietnam vets who continued to wear their fatiques after they came home from the war. A lot of vets did. They looked comfortable enough and seemed to like wearing them for street wear.

Nothing has changed since Vietnam. Civilians within the Department of Defense have ignored the Marines and soldiers who actually have to fight. We have seen stupid camouflage pattern to wearing berets and the U.S, Army no longer has a service uniform. There are third world country armies who are bettered dressed than the U.S. Army today. Look at what the liberal civilians who never served in combat are proposing.
I'm surprised because Gays usually have good taste in attire.

If you look at this PC combat uniform, it's not beagy enough, It's too tight fitting. It's not practical in a combat environment.
The picture of the 1945 Marine uniform that you posted...was orginally designed to go "over" the service uniform like coveralls. Thats the reason they were baggier. It wasn't by design that the troops just started wearing them without their service uniforms underneath, it just sort of happened as a matter of convenience.

What really exposes it being a political correctness move is raising the nametag high above the breast pocket. The libs were yelling that the Plt. Cmdrs. and or Co. CO's were not looking at the name tags of the female members of their unitis but looking at their breast !!!
Maybe too many complained that the name tag rubbed on their pierced nipples. lol jk But if moving the nametag up so it doesn't look like a pasty then I guess that makes me PC to the extreme, too. Although I don't think so.

How does making a unisex uniform more feminine help men fit in their clothes better? And no, you NEVER answered why a unisex uniform should exist in the first place. If the women are having a hard time fitting in their clothes, change their clothes. Screwing around with some ridiculous bastardized unisex uniform is good for nobody. It's a PC ploy, and you've done nothing to prove otherwise. Where's the need?

And no, in the navy, you did not whilly nilly decide what uniform to wear, you were told.

That's right, Obama's administration in the name of diversity, aka liberal social engineering of the U.S. military will be forcing American male warriors to wear gay famine clothing into combat.

>" A new combat uniform with special consideration to the female body is now available at Fort Gordon, almost a month after the Army announced plans to open all units and military jobs to women by 2016.

The March debut of the Combat Uniform-Alternate is the first in a series of moves the Army hopes to make in the next three years to help female soldiers feel like more professional members, officials said.

With narrower shoulders, a slightly tapered waist and a more spacious seat, the unisex clothing line has been in the works since 2009 and is being issued to all installations – ..."< -> Unisex Uniforms Debut As Army Opens Units To Women « CBS Atlanta

Note: Obama's PC Dept. of Defense already convinced Congress to order all Marines, soldiers, sailors and airmen to wear the same combat/utilities uniforms.
Now all Marines, soldiers, sailors and airmen will be required (forced/ordered) to ware famine/gay field uniforms.

Side Drift: Has the U.S. Army removed those signs that state "Through these doors pass the best dressed soldiers in the world" ??? The U.S. Army no longer has a service uniform !!! American Army soldiers are seen at airports wearing combat uniforms like third world African soldiers.

First of all, as I read the article you posted it merely provides an alternative uniform for female soldiers (who do have significantly diffferent physiques from males) rather than requiring they wear male basic issue. Nothing indicates that MEN will now be required to wear them.

In the second place, the DOD push to establish a standard combat uniform (while a bit undermining of esprit de corp) is probably an attempt at cost cutting measures. Recall, all enlisted personnel in all branches get a free initial issue of uniforms during in-processing. There is no attempt to get men to wear female fitted uniforms.

I agree that each service should keep a distinct look because it helps to develop unit morale. But getting upset about women having a uniform that can actually fit them properly is a bit much.

I think the issue is calling it a unisex uniform when in reality it is a uniform for women, which in its own right may make sense, just don't call it unisex.

How does making a unisex uniform more feminine help men fit in their clothes better?

You seem to be confused. The CURRENT uniform is unisex, does not fit many women well, an so a new uniform, designed for women will be available.

And no, you NEVER answered why a unisex uniform should exist in the first place.
again, it's the current uniform that's unisex

If the women are having a hard time fitting in their clothes, change their clothes.
That's what's being done and you're complaining about it.

It sounds like they will be given a choice between regular clothing and the gay-famine clothing.
Not sure that letting soldier have the choice of wearing the clothes of starving homosexuals is something that we should be doing.

But at least soldier can choose to wear regular clothes.

If the Army is giving its folks the choice not to wear the clothes of starving homosexuals, why aren't the other forces giving their crews the same choice.

Where are they finding all these starving gay people who make clothes??

United States Army Service Uniform

It seems that you're mistaken on a few counts.

GOING COMMANDO

Greetings, APACHERAT! :2wave:

Glad to see you back! I missed you, and wondered if you were on vacation, OR in the basement here! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom