• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Admin to Femanize U.S. Military Combat Uniform

It seems that the Army took it's dress uniform and started calling it the service uniform.

A link from your link. -> Army releases message announcing new service uniform | Article | The United States Army

When was the last time you saw a soldier off base wearing his "service uniform" ? It's as if every soldier wears his ACU's as his service uniform. Can you blame them ?
It's because America is at war.

If America was not at war, we would all be wearing the Service Uniform regularly, not the ACUs.

They change the carpet in the oval office to reflect America being at war or peacetime, too.

People need to stop throwing around the tem PC for doing anything remotely involved with race or gender. It is stupid. Making uniforms fit better != PC.

By any chance Redress, did you serve in Elmo Zumwalt's Navy ??? :2rofll:

It's because America is at war.

If America was not at war, we would all be wearing the Service Uniform regularly, not the ACUs.

They change the carpet in the oval office to reflect America being at war or peacetime, too.

I never see Marines wearing their utilities off base.

During the Vietnam War when we had 500,000 men in-country I never saw one soldier off base wearing his fatigues. Come to think about it, the only time you saw a soldier wearing his service uniform was when he got off that "freedom bird" at Travis AFB and got on a bus that took him to SFO where liberals would call him a baby killer. Otherwise soldiers were warned not to wear the uniform off base.

You don't see Marines wearing the ACU, either. The "A" in "ACU" stands for "Army". What the Marines do or don't do has no effect on the Army.

During the Vietnam War when we had 500,000 men in-country I never saw one soldier off base wearing his fatigues. Come to think about it, the only time you saw a soldier wearing his service uniform was when he got off that "freedom bird" at Travis AFB and got on a bus that took him to SFO where liberals would call him a baby killer. Otherwise soldiers were warned not to wear the uniform off base.
And then one day some General got bit by the good-idea-fairy and wrote an order changing that.

The country and military has changed just a smidge since '68. :)

The 'rules' for wearing the duty uniform off post is pretty much the same as when I diddy bopped for Unca Sugar around the nation and free world- to and from post, a quick stop for errands or a fast bite to eat, we were only too happy to get shed of the uniform and wear civvies, seems the ACU crowd is of a similar mind.

The country and military has changed just a smidge since '68. :)

The 'rules' for wearing the duty uniform off post is pretty much the same as when I diddy bopped for Unca Sugar around the nation and free world- to and from post, a quick stop for errands or a fast bite to eat, we were only too happy to get shed of the uniform and wear civvies, seems the ACU crowd is of a similar mind.

Remember locker clubs ? Back before Zumwalt became CONO, sailors weren't allowed to have civvies aboard ship so they kept their civvies off base at what were known as locker clubs. Every navy town use to have locker clubs.

I can remember the three times I actually wore my uniform off base. My first liberty while going through ITR. The day I arrived home from Nam and the day I was discharged.

Just before I was discharged I was TAD to the Provost Marshal's Office at Pendleton and was a chaser. I would go off base under arms and pick up Marines who were UA at the Los Angeles and Orange county jails and return them to the PM or their units to stand before the man.

I noticed that the SDS type hippies and weathermen always kept a civil tongue when I was packing a .45 pistol. ;- )

Also, it's hard not to wear the ACU "off base" when your "base" is nothing but an armory attached to a collage with a motor pool down the road. Are we supposed to stop at the front door and change in public every chow time?

If your base is a real base, the size of a small city, then I could see such a rule, but that's the situation for a lot of us.

Remember locker clubs ? Back before Zumwalt became CONO, sailors weren't allowed to have civvies aboard ship so they kept their civvies off base at what were known as locker clubs. Every navy town use to have locker clubs. I can remember the three times I actually wore my uniform off base. My first liberty while going through ITR. The day I arrived home from Nam and the day I was discharged. Just before I was discharged I was TAD to the Provost Marshal's Office at Pendleton and was a chaser. I would go off base under arms and pick up Marines who were UA at the Los Angeles and Orange county jails and return them to the PM or their units to stand before the man. I noticed that the SDS type hippies and weathermen always kept a civil tongue when I was packing a .45 pistol. ;- )

Dude we have done this before- I was in the Army, the infantry- not a squidie or a jarhaid... no locker clubs for us. :)

While memory lane is cool it really is off your own topic... and I'd of said just a steely glare from your hard charging self would have sent them hippies and liberals scurrying for cover. :mrgreen:

And I do believe those hippies knew you didn't want to go to the brig so that weapon was going to stay secured if all they did was keep an UNcivil tongue.

Now back on topic- the modifications to the ACU did not not 'femanize' the combat uniform as it continues in it's original configuration- it did modify the duty uniform for 99% of the military who don't engage in combat.

Oh and I liked my old jungle fatigues, they are very comfortable in hot/humid and hot/dry weather- NO idea why you think they don't breathe, compared to the old sateens (starchies) and the poly blend (wash and wear) they were SOOOO much better.

As far as going commando- well my boys just gotta be free! :lol:

That's right, Obama's administration in the name of diversity, aka liberal social engineering of the U.S. military will be forcing American male warriors to wear gay famine clothing into combat.

>" A new combat uniform with special consideration to the female body is now available at Fort Gordon, almost a month after the Army announced plans to open all units and military jobs to women by 2016.

The March debut of the Combat Uniform-Alternate is the first in a series of moves the Army hopes to make in the next three years to help female soldiers feel like more professional members, officials said.

With narrower shoulders, a slightly tapered waist and a more spacious seat, the unisex clothing line has been in the works since 2009 and is being issued to all installations – ..."< -> Unisex Uniforms Debut As Army Opens Units To Women « CBS Atlanta

Note: Obama's PC Dept. of Defense already convinced Congress to order all Marines, soldiers, sailors and airmen to wear the same combat/utilities uniforms.
Now all Marines, soldiers, sailors and airmen will be required (forced/ordered) to ware famine/gay field uniforms.

Side Drift: Has the U.S. Army removed those signs that state "Through these doors pass the best dressed soldiers in the world" ??? The U.S. Army no longer has a service uniform !!! American Army soldiers are seen at airports wearing combat uniforms like third world African soldiers.

The U.S. Army doesn't even have a service uniform any more !

I must be really thick (as some have said, even though I do not agree I am ;) ), but what is the problem? Nobody is being forced to wear a unisex ACU. All that is being created is more options for women and men who are not built like Arnold Schwarzenegger/Dolf Lundgren.

This is not feminizing the US army, this is giving more options for a better fitting US army costume if soldiers prefer that costume. If not they can keep on wearing their butch costume just like they do now.

You are talking nonsense when you write that all soldiers are to wear the alternate army costume. In fact, right now all the soldiers wear the same outfit and it is the Obama admin that wants to give soldiers more choice. And even then, they all still look the same, army green combat.

The U.S. Army doesn't even have a service uniform any more !
It seems that the Army took it's dress uniform and started calling it the service uniform.
A link from your link. -> Army releases message announcing new service uniform | Article | The United States Army
When was the last time you saw a soldier off base wearing his "service uniform" ? It's as if every soldier wears his ACU's as his service uniform. Can you blame them ?

Until they go pink, I really wouldn't worry about this.

Vive la différence
Or until the pants have back door flaps... ya know, for easy access on those cold wintery nights.

Or until the pants have back door flaps... ya know, for easy access on those cold wintery nights.

That is how we dress marines. We let them ride our boats for a reason, and it isn't gay if it is a marine for a bottom.

That is how we dress marines. We let them ride our boats for a reason, and it isn't gay if it is a marine for a bottom.
You may have a point. It's probably more bull queer.

That is how we dress marines. We let them ride our boats for a reason,
Sheep would be too obvious?

Of course I''ve also geared that the reason sailors have tattoos on their backs was so Marines would have something to read.

Sheep would be too obvious?

Of course I''ve also geared that the reason sailors have tattoos on their backs was so Marines would have something to read.

Yeah, right, like marines can read....

whatever, the real root problem with the ACU is that it's butt-****ing ugly and UCP is a complete oxymoron.

How very "libertarian" of you....

I'm not sure what you mean. Feminists and democrats have been fighting to get women in every part of the military for some time now, but not one of them from what I have seen have even looked into making women have to register for the draft. Why are they ignoring that aspect of the conversion? Why do they appear to not want to make women register if they view women as equal in all areas as men? What are they scared of?

Anyway, I do not support women being in the military, and I do not support anyone having to register for the draft.

Last edited:
whatever, the real root problem with the ACU is that it's butt-****ing ugly and UCP is a complete oxymoron.
I hope to God the Army makes the molti-cam the new duty uniform. We absolutely loved them.

Back
Top Bottom