• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama Address the Nation on the government shutdown.

I can't be the only one that goes out of his way to ignore this guy.

And we're breathlessly awaiting the Speaker's response, with the other Speakers to follow.

img_FyK5O2.jpg

Another speech.

[]

Another speech.

Another tea party adolescent spasm in Congress. They can't get their way, so they threaten America with collapse. What's new?

You're not. Bloviating con-artist politicians who lie habitually through their teeth were last year's comedy paradigm.

I don't go out of my way to ignore him... it just happens.

no reason to tune in for him, he's not gonna say anything new or original.

he's gonna hold the government hostage to his demands, and that's that
the GOP is gonna hold the government hostage to their demands and that's that.

why would I tune into to watch one child or the other throw their tantrums?

Let it shut down.

The Repubs first voted to fully fund the government but to de-fund Obamacare, that failed in the Democrat controlled Senate.

Then the Repubs compromised and agreed to fully fund the government but to delay implementation of Obamacare, same as Obama himself has done to select portions of the law, that failed the Democrat controlled Senate.

The Republicans compromised but the Dems are pouting that they are not getting everything they want, so they are taking their ball and going home.

Now Obama is making yet another speech blaming Republicans for not compromising and is blaming them for the shut down....WTF

Has sanity left Washington completely? Oh never mind, I forgot, it did that a long time ago. Silly me.

Let it shut down.

The Repubs first voted to fully fund the government but to de-fund Obamacare, that failed in the Democrat controlled Senate.

Then the Repubs compromised and agreed to fully fund the government but to delay implementation of Obamacare, same as Obama himself has done to select portions of the law, that failed the Democrat controlled Senate.

The Republicans compromised but the Dems are pouting that they are not getting everything they want, so they are taking their ball and going home.

Now Obama is making yet another speech blaming Republicans for not compromising and is blaming them for the shut down....WTF

Has sanity left Washington completely? Oh never mind, I forgot, it did that a long time ago. Silly me.

I am curious. How exactly do you consider that compromise? What you described is the Republicans demanding the the affordable care be de-funded, then lowering their demands to merely delaying it. I don't see exactly what benefit the democrats would be getting in said exchange.

I am curious. How exactly do you consider that compromise? What you described is the Republicans demanding the the affordable care be de-funded, then lowering their demands to merely delaying it. I don't see exactly what benefit the democrats would be getting in said exchange.

Because gazillions of other including corportaions and unions were exempt. Why shouldn't the American people be as well?

Cancel Halloween. The government shut down.

What is the over under on getting the government running again?

I love the fact that the President and Congress are still getting paid.

OK I got the message: Capital of the free world closed until further notice.

It allows the government to implement it correctly rather than hurrying this thing into place when it isnt ready....the President has picked parts of the law to delay himself because they werent ready.

What is wrong with getting the thing fixed before you implement it?

Would you give your kids food that wasnt ready to eat?
Would you put a vehicle into production that wasnt ready to run?

As far as the Democrats benefiting...neither party should benefit from it, thats insane, the American people are the ones who should benefit and we wont if this law gets implemented half assed.

The exchanges arent fully in place yet but they launched them today anyhow. The employer mandate, the waivers to unions and some companies, etc have been delayed by the President for a year, why not get it corrected before they force the American people to participate in it.

One thing I would like to see myself is Congress and their staffs being made to enter the exchanges un-subsidized and the administration being stripped of their exemptions.

If it is good enough for us to be forced to participate in then it is good enough for the people in government to be forced to participate in too.

It allows the government to implement it correctly rather than hurrying this thing into place when it isnt ready....the President has picked parts of the law to delay himself because they werent ready.

What is wrong with getting the thing fixed before you implement it?

So you think republicans just want to make sure obamacare is ready and implemented correctly? You don't think the delay is just buying more time to kill the ACA? You must not be from around here....

Hopefully they'll shut er down !!!!!

The President shutdown the govt. because of his desire not to negotiate on any part of the bill. He gives exemptions to his friends and campaign contributors but then won't negotiate exemptions for the average American and even the bill that the Democrats created that exempts Congress.

So you think republicans just want to make sure obamacare is ready and implemented correctly? You don't think the delay is just buying more time to kill the ACA? You must not be from around here....

You really believe that the ACA is a good piece of legislation that is going to lower healthcare costs and improve quality? Based upon what evidence? Do you go into a restaurant where the chef doesn't eat the food that restaurant prepares? What is the difference in exempting Congress from the bill?

You really believe that the ACA is a good piece of legislation that is going to lower healthcare costs and improve quality? Based upon what evidence? Do you go into a restaurant where the chef doesn't eat the food that restaurant prepares? What is the difference in exempting Congress from the bill?

I think the point is the GOP needs to be honest. The GOP says they want to delay it so it can be better implemented. This is a lie and you know it, they want it delayed so they have a better chance to kill it.

While I don't agree with the ACA, I don't think the GOP lying about their intentions is any better.

I think the point is the GOP needs to be honest. The GOP says they want to delay it so it can be better implemented. This is a lie and you know it, they want it delayed so they have a better chance to kill it.

While I don't agree with the ACA, I don't think the GOP lying about their intentions is any better.

You think giving exemptions to campaign contributors and Congress is good public policy? What about Obama lies, apparently those don't matter.

You think giving exemptions to campaign contributors and Congress is good public policy? What about Obama lies, apparently those don't matter.

As I said before many times Con, I don't agree with ACA, I don't agree with the exemptions, and I don't agree with how ACA came about. However, with that said, I also don't agree with the GOP lying about their intentions.

Are you excusing the GOP lying because the Dems lied? How does that make the GOP any better?

Back
Top Bottom