• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama’s Secret CIA Hit Squad Detailed in “The Way of the Knife”

DA60

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
'President Barack Obama has converted the CIA into his personal army and granted it unfettered assassination authority.

The story behind the development and deployment of this presidential killing corps is told inThe Way of the Knife: The CIA, a Secret Army, and a War at the Ends of the Earth, the latest book by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Mark Mazzetti.

Mazzetti, who writes for the New York Times, describes a role reversal between the army of agents in the CIA and the actual army:

And just as the CIA has come to take on tasks traditionally associated with the military, with spies turned into soldiers, so has the opposite occurred. The American military has been dispersed into the dark spaces of American foreign policy, with commando teams running spying missions that Washington would never have dreamed of approving in the years before 9/11. Prior to the attacks of September 11, the Pentagon did very little human spying, and the CIA was not officially permitted to kill. In the years since, each has done a great deal of both, and a military-intelligence complex has emerged to carry out the new American way of war.'

Obama’s Secret CIA Hit Squad Detailed in “The Way of the Knife” | Tenth Amendment Center

Prior to the attacks of September 11, the Pentagon did very little human spying, and the CIA was not officially permitted to kill.

Both of these statements are false. Prior to 9/11 the Secretary of Defense owned something like 80% of our intelligence assets, and there were multiple scenarios where the use of deadly force was justified for CIA Agents.

Both of these statements are false. Prior to 9/11 the Secretary of Defense owned something like 80% of our intelligence assets, and there were multiple scenarios where the use of deadly force was justified for CIA Agents.

And when you can produce links to prove that his specific statements are 'false' - I will believe you.

Until then, nothing personal, but I will take the word of a Pulitzer-prize winning author over a faceless poster on a chat forum anyday.

'President Barack Obama has converted the CIA into his personal army and granted it unfettered assassination authority.

The story behind the development and deployment of this presidential killing corps is told inThe Way of the Knife: The CIA, a Secret Army, and a War at the Ends of the Earth, the latest book by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Mark Mazzetti.

Mazzetti, who writes for the New York Times, describes a role reversal between the army of agents in the CIA and the actual army:

And just as the CIA has come to take on tasks traditionally associated with the military, with spies turned into soldiers, so has the opposite occurred. The American military has been dispersed into the dark spaces of American foreign policy, with commando teams running spying missions that Washington would never have dreamed of approving in the years before 9/11. Prior to the attacks of September 11, the Pentagon did very little human spying, and the CIA was not officially permitted to kill. In the years since, each has done a great deal of both, and a military-intelligence complex has emerged to carry out the new American way of war.'

Obama’s Secret CIA Hit Squad Detailed in “The Way of the Knife” | Tenth Amendment Center

This "theory" of yours seems to be based (largely?) on a single book. I can assure you that U.S. military "spies" existed and that U.S. "civilian" assassins existed long before Obama's or your time on earth. My father was in the ASA and later (after Army retirement) worked for the NSA, clearly military spying organizations existed long before this century. Also 9/11 (and associted law/official policy changes) happened before Obama was president so attributing even that "shift in mission" to him seems to be a bit retroactive. ;)

Interview: Mark Mazzetti, Author Of 'The Way Of The Knife' : NPR

The Ultimate Spy Book - Harold Keith Melton - Google Books

Enter the Past Tense: My Secret Life as a CIA Assassin by Roland W. Haas - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

How to Kill

I feel like the Government is using 9/11 to wrongly justify expansion of power.

This "theory" of yours seems to be based (largely?) on a single book. I can assure you that U.S. military "spies" existed and that U.S. "civilian" assassins existed long before Obama's or your time on earth. My father was in the ASA and later (after Army retirement) worked for the NSA, clearly military spying organizations existed long before this century. Also 9/11 (and associted law/official policy changes) happened before Obama was president so attributing even that "shift in mission" to him seems to be a bit retroactive. ;)

Interview: Mark Mazzetti, Author Of 'The Way Of The Knife' : NPR

The Ultimate Spy Book - Harold Keith Melton - Google Books

Enter the Past Tense: My Secret Life as a CIA Assassin by Roland W. Haas - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

How to Kill

My 'theory'...what are you talking about?

Where did I say ANYWHERE that the above was my theory or that I even agree (or disagree) with it?

Last edited:
Well TEA-PUURRTY "patriots" .......your hero ....old HONG-KONG Ed Snowden is off to Russia!
How long before he runs to Iran?

It's so obvious he sat around drinking the right wing kool-aide .....the kool-aide that was started the minute Obama was elected in '08 to try and deligitimize the President!

So right on cue .... Hong-Kong Ed is seeking refuge from adversories or enemies of the US....enemies Obama had nothing to do with!!!

How long before the TEA PUURRTY blow hards ....start ...Pal-ing around with Ahmadinejad?

This is what happens when you're stuck only to an ideology!!

I've read dozens of novels who premise was that various US agencies are involved in many plots. I'm counting on this being so, or all I've read will be meaningless.

I doubt the WH gets told much. When we get a new President, they are given the rules and they obey them. One rule is don't ask, we won't tell. Plausible deniability.

Where's the proof?

In any common sense assessment. The Department of Defense includes NSA, DIA, INSCOM, ONI, etc. And anyone who's read Legacy of Ashes or the Very Best Men knows the CIA's history. Why do you think they had a Church Committee?

In any common sense assessment. The Department of Defense includes NSA, DIA, INSCOM, ONI, etc. And anyone who's read Legacy of Ashes or the Very Best Men knows the CIA's history. Why do you think they had a Church Committee?

Again... where's the proof. A link(s) to back up cpwills claims or STFU, statist.

And LOL at saying that Legacy of Ashes would give a person an inside scope of C.I.A. history. I own and have read the book. It is good introductory material but pales in comparison to unclassified/unredacted files in the C.I.A.s possession. That is, if they haven't deleted/destroyed too much of the stuff yet.

Again... where's the proof. A link(s) to back up cpwills claims or STFU, statist.

And LOL at saying that Legacy of Ashes would give a person an inside scope of C.I.A. history. I own and have read the book. It is good introductory material but pales in comparison to unclassified/unredacted files in the C.I.A.s possession. That is, if they haven't deleted/destroyed too much of the stuff yet.

Did I say it would give an 'inside scope'? Or did I say you'd know it's history then? It's history of doing actions which the author of Way of the Knife seems to think only started 10 years ago.

And are you asking for a link that says those organizations fall under the DoD?

lol

Did I say it would give an 'inside scope'? Or did I say you'd know it's history then? It's history of doing actions which the author of Way of the Knife seems to think only started 10 years ago.

And are you asking for a link that says those organizations fall under the DoD?

lol

Prior to 9/11 the Secretary of Defense owned something like 80% of our intelligence assets, and there were multiple scenarios where the use of deadly force was justified for CIA Agents.

You're not very bright, are you? I mean, since I did say, "Again... where's the proof. A link(s) to back up cpwills claims".

You're not very bright, are you? I mean, since I did say, "Again... where's the proof. A link(s) to back up cpwills claims".

No, not very bright Jango. Sorry! If you need links for that...I dunno what to tell you, dude. Do you need links for proof that the Earth rotates around the Sun? Or do you know that already?

lol, you're funny

No, not very bright Jango. Sorry! If you need links for that...I dunno what to tell you, dude. Do you need links for proof that the Earth rotates around the Sun? Or do you know that already?

lol, you're funny

So in other words, you can't back up cpwill's claims, although you said, "cpwill is right." Just goes to show that you continue to talk out of your ass.

So in other words, you can't back up cpwill's claims, although you said, "cpwill is right." Just goes to show that you continue to talk out of your ass.

I'm not gonna bother, man. There's no reason to run around looking for what's self evident. I already gave you the background needed.

I'm not gonna bother, man. There's no reason to run around looking for what's self evident. I already gave you the background needed.
If you can actually speak from your anus I know some people who definitely would be interested in talking to you. Obama's going to need a new press secretary soon.

That's the sound, "I can't find anything." It is what's expected out of people like you, "Just TRUST me."

And when you can produce links to prove that his specific statements are 'false' - I will believe you.

Until then, nothing personal, but I will take the word of a Pulitzer-prize winning author over a faceless poster on a chat forum anyday.

Though I can agree the CIA was unleashed a lot more under Bush and obama is following the pattern and making it worse, the idea that the CIA was a nice bunch of tea drinking gentlemen with honor before 9/11 is pretty damned insane. If you want to fight to reign them in and put some regulations back on them, or even add some more to them then were there pre-9/11 I am good with that. If you want to imply that Obama is the problem and ignore the reality that congress has given way too much power to them and the position of the president to act is non-existent, and that simply going after Obama alone solves the problem then your ignorance is part of the problem. Our government is not supposed to be allowed to act this way, and it has little to do with Obama specifically. Anyone given this power would abuse it, and you seem to be under the delusion Obama is alone in all of this when easily congress could stop him if they wanted to.

It is both sides so wake up and stop pretending just Obama is the cause of all of this. In 4 years we are going to have someone entirely different doing this if we do not change the authority and restrict the power.

If you can actually speak from your anus I know some people who definitely would be interested in talking to you. Obama's going to need a new press secretary soon.

****, you think most of the intelligence assets prior to 9/11 were run by the CIA too? And that they didn't engage in tactical operations?

lol how weird

Then prove it. All I'm asking for is some evidence. Something you claimed I did the opposite of in another thread. So, once again, put up or shut up.

Then prove it. All I'm asking for is some evidence. Something you claimed I did the opposite of in another thread. So, once again, put up or shut up.

Maybe later, if I'm bored. I'm not gonna go out if my way to prove something that anyone talking about US intelligence should know, though.

Sorry!

Some of the sources for this story-- Beforeitsnews.com, Thenewamerican.com, USApartisan.com, Tweetbuzz.com. Need I say more?

Back
Top Bottom