• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama’s new executive order will kill the 110-year-old Civilian Marksmanship Program

Re: Obama’s new executive order will kill the 110-year-old Civilian Marksmanship Prog

Well you have not read much of this very well so why start now?

You are not smarter than me.
You are not better trained than me.
you are nor more experienced than me on a one way range.
You are not more experienced than me on a two way range.

You like to play and now thing it means something.
You've never attended a match where a CMP/501 corp rifle might be.
You have trouble telling a Garand from other rifles and think the rest of us do as well.

TWO EOs done by previous presidents have done actual 'damage' to the 2nd A but you shrug that off and want to whine about this EO only because you don't like the current President.

ALL examples and proof I give you shrug off and want your opinion substituted as 'fact'.

When you questioned my experience I gave it to you in spades and you walked away like a hurt little girl.
When I questioned your experience you refused to answer and walked away like a hurt little girl.

At this point you have nothing to show so you'd best stay zipped... :mrgreen:
Well, you must be at least 150 years old then.
I have been shooting for 40 years, with many matches and qualifications under my belt.
But hey, not to steal your thunder there Rambo.
Of course you have yet to debate the issue, just keep bragging about yourself and your experiences.

Re: Obama’s new executive order will kill the 110-year-old Civilian Marksmanship Prog

Nope, your attempting to change what I say to suit your whine doesn't fly. Well doesn't fly for people who are not broke down hacks.

You don't know the difference between policy and law. Congress passed a law giving the Executive branch control over importation policy. Just like Congress didn't argue with Reagan or BushI over their POLICIES on carrying a loaded weapon in a Federal Park or importing semi-auto rifles.

Reagan and BushI's policies didn't 'bother' me I had my AK before BushI stopped their importation. I don't carry concealed nor go on federal parkland, so Reagan's edict didn't affect me.

But for millions of Americans it did 'bother' them and I see the real limit both earlier presidents had on the shooting public with their edicts.

There is no such effect with this one.

Just something for the partisan right to howl over- though do note the howling is limited to the usual suspects... :2wave:

Broke down hacks? Hahahaha
Now I am just starting to feel sorry for you.

Man! I was really hoping to see an influx of Garands, that might cause the price to go down and I could FINALLY afford one.

Well you have not read much of this very well so why start now?

You are not smarter than me.
You are not better trained than me.
you are nor more experienced than me on a one way range.
You are not more experienced than me on a two way range.

You like to play and now thing it means something.
You've never attended a match where a CMP/501 corp rifle might be.
You have trouble telling a Garand from other rifles and think the rest of us do as well.

TWO EOs done by previous presidents have done actual 'damage' to the 2nd A but you shrug that off and want to whine about this EO only because you don't like the current President.

ALL examples and proof I give you shrug off and want your opinion substituted as 'fact'.

When you questioned my experience I gave it to you in spades and you walked away like a hurt little girl.
When I questioned your experience you refused to answer and walked away like a hurt little girl.

At this point you have nothing to show so you'd best stay zipped... :mrgreen:

I would beg to differ on all your claim.

You have yet to make a rational argument for what Obama has done

saying it doesn't affect a poster is no argument

saying it is legal is no argument

Since you don't believe in the 2A, your claims as to what harms it have no relevance.

the fact is-Obama has lied about why he needed to issue this EO. his claim is that these weapons-which could only be sold to those who passed a background check-would end up in criminal hands is not consistent with reality.

There is no doubt I know more about gun laws, the gun trade and competitive shooting then you do. I am an attorney who has represented everything from a machine gun maker to various law enforcement agencies. I also have been on several all-american teams, world cup teams and have trained with and coached world record holders in two shooting sports and a Pan Am record holder in yet another shooting sport. So your claims are irrelevant to me. Your supposed military service has absolutely no relevance to your constant attacks on those who have no use for Obama's dishonest lie filled attacks on gun ownership

Man! I was really hoping to see an influx of Garands, that might cause the price to go down and I could FINALLY afford one.

this retard move by the clown in chief caused the prices to go up. and while many of the rifles that would be brought back might not be grade A collectors, there are lots of good firms that can turn them into really good shooting firearms-such as James River, MilTech and Fulton Armory. I sent a couple CMP beat up MI carbines to Clint and his boys and a few months later I got back something that looked like it had just been issued. I also have a couple refurbished Garands that have Criterian barrels, new wood etc, they shoot close to a MOA with good match ammo.

this retard move by the clown in chief caused the prices to go up. and while many of the rifles that would be brought back might not be grade A collectors, there are lots of good firms that can turn them into really good shooting firearms-such as James River, MilTech and Fulton Armory. I sent a couple CMP beat up MI carbines to Clint and his boys and a few months later I got back something that looked like it had just been issued. I also have a couple refurbished Garands that have Criterian barrels, new wood etc, they shoot close to a MOA with good match ammo.

I was hoping to buy a collection of gilloppies for peanuts and fixing them up myself.

I was hoping to buy a collection of gilloppies for peanuts and fixing them up myself.

I just want one to stand in my yard with.

I feel much safer already knowing those M1 assault weapons are off the streets. :lol:

I would beg to differ on all your claim. You have yet to make a rational argument for what Obama has done saying it doesn't affect a poster is no argument saying it is legal is no argument Since you don't believe in the 2A, your claims as to what harms it have no relevance. the fact is-Obama has lied about why he needed to issue this EO. his claim is that these weapons-which could only be sold to those who passed a background check-would end up in criminal hands is not consistent with reality. There is no doubt I know more about gun laws, the gun trade and competitive shooting then you do. I am an attorney who has represented everything from a machine gun maker to various law enforcement agencies. I also have been on several all-american teams, world cup teams and have trained with and coached world record holders in two shooting sports and a Pan Am record holder in yet another shooting sport. So your claims are irrelevant to me. Your supposed military service has absolutely no relevance to your constant attacks on those who have no use for Obama's dishonest lie filled attacks on gun ownership

Beg all you want, it won't change facts. You don't seem to comprehend them and refuse to accept even the most basic premise underlying this. The EO doesn't infringe on anyone. (Unlike the two EO's Reagan and BushI signed) Perhaps not being a hard right rote rhetoric spewer allows me to be a bit more realistic- Did Reagan's EO reduce crime? Did BushI's EO reduce crime?

So crying now that an EO which doesn't infringe on the right to keep or bear because just like damn near every other EO related to firearms- the hard right doesn't see them as reducing crime seems.... well silly.

You make strawman arguments that only impress the choir.

First I do support the 2nd A, but like two Supreme Court justices have opined- no right is without limits.

Next ALL company owned/FFL firearms are sold with a back round check. only 'private collection' escape the check. But you can't say NO back round checked weapons have ever been used in a crime and President Obama didn't say WOULD be used.

You constantly twist the truth with a constant barrage of Turtle turds.

Now you claim a lot of firearms expertise but quite frankly it doesn't show. But do jam on mon... Now I have shot REAL military weapons from shoulder launched anti-tank guns/missiles to crew served down to raggity old 1911's. Not just once or twice and not just on a one way range. As a civilian I have shot rifle matches from Cherry Ridge NJ to the Sacramento range in California.

The BEST you claim about the CMP rifles is a kid used one to play WWII GI and you bought 'over a dozen' using your HP card. What I say is I have NEVER seen one used in a 'shooting sport' like the program was designed to do.

Stopping the import of 32,000 worn out rifles doesn't prevent collectors from owning a Garand- a collector Garand is so not what are being imported. Like many other Turtle turds you drop in here you use collector incorrectly. Now go to any big city pawn shop that handles firearms, you will find a Garand in at least as good a grade as any 60 year old Korean Garand.

I have met quite a few All-American teams- I guess some have waterboys....

Beg all you want, it won't change facts. You don't seem to comprehend them and refuse to accept even the most basic premise underlying this. The EO doesn't infringe on anyone. (Unlike the two EO's Reagan and BushI signed) Perhaps not being a hard right rote rhetoric spewer allows me to be a bit more realistic- Did Reagan's EO reduce crime? Did BushI's EO reduce crime?

So crying now that an EO which doesn't infringe on the right to keep or bear because just like damn near every other EO related to firearms- the hard right doesn't see them as reducing crime seems.... well silly.

You make strawman arguments that only impress the choir.

First I do support the 2nd A, but like two Supreme Court justices have opined- no right is without limits.

Next ALL company owned/FFL firearms are sold with a back round check. only 'private collection' escape the check. But you can't say NO back round checked weapons have ever been used in a crime and President Obama didn't say WOULD be used.

You constantly twist the truth with a constant barrage of Turtle turds.

Now you claim a lot of firearms expertise but quite frankly it doesn't show. But do jam on mon... Now I have shot REAL military weapons from shoulder launched anti-tank guns/missiles to crew served down to raggity old 1911's. Not just once or twice and not just on a one way range. As a civilian I have shot rifle matches from Cherry Ridge NJ to the Sacramento range in California.

The BEST you claim about the CMP rifles is a kid used one to play WWII GI and you bought 'over a dozen' using your HP card. What I say is I have NEVER seen one used in a 'shooting sport' like the program was designed to do.

Stopping the import of 32,000 worn out rifles doesn't prevent collectors from owning a Garand- a collector Garand is so not what are being imported. Like many other Turtle turds you drop in here you use collector incorrectly. Now go to any big city pawn shop that handles firearms, you will find a Garand in at least as good a grade as any 60 year old Korean Garand.

I have met quite a few All-American teams- I guess some have waterboys....
Wow, I dont think I have ever seen anyone as impressed with themselves as you.
The issue is not about YOU. I know that may come as a surprise.
Its about a useless EO done for no reason than to save face for a sitting president. Then predicated on lies about the reasoning behind it.
If a president is going to use EO, it should be for a reason that has merit for everyone. Not just some special interest.
But please, tell us more how you are the god of all things firearms and how apparently no one knows anything about firearms and rights like you do.
You are typical of ex military that think you are of some special class of American because of your service.

Last edited:

Wow, I dont think I have ever seen anyone as impressed with themselves as you. The issue is not about YOU. I know that may come as a surprise. Its about a useless EO done for no reason than to save face for a sitting president. Then predicated on lies about the reasoning behind it. If a president is going to use EO, it should be for a reason that has merit for everyone. Not just some special interest.But please, tell us more how you are the god of all things firearms and how apparently no one knows anything about firearms and rights like you do. You are typical of ex military that think you are of some special class of American because of your service.

So ya don't read the Turtle tomes? :lol:

YOU are the one who made my experience an issue- YOU tried to throw a BS flag on how I know about rifles at comps, typical Con quibble and dribble... :roll:

Merit for EVERYONE???? PLEASE give me some of what you are taking!!!! Name an EO that had 'merit for everyone'. Certainly not the two EOs I cited from Reagan and BushI.

Laughing, I never claimed GAWD, (again you don't seem to read the Turtles epic lists of vague achievements) I do claim a whole bunch more experience than you- if that makes me seem Gawdlike to you, so be it.

If you had any military experience you might know the Infantry motto of my day- I am in no special class of citizen- but I am second to none. That counts double when comparing to Con quibblers.... :2wave:

Again this EO doesn't do a damn thing to 99.999999% of GAWD fearing 'gun' owners of America... clue patriotic music and a flag flying in a stiff breeze backround.... Let's all pop a chubby and salute- you with your hand over your heart coz you didn't serve....

So ya don't read the Turtle tomes? :lol:

YOU are the one who made my experience an issue- YOU tried to throw a BS flag on how I know about rifles at comps, typical Con quibble and dribble... :roll:

Merit for EVERYONE???? PLEASE give me some of what you are taking!!!! Name an EO that had 'merit for everyone'. Certainly not the two EOs I cited from Reagan and BushI.

Laughing, I never claimed GAWD, (again you don't seem to read the Turtles epic lists of vague achievements) I do claim a whole bunch more experience than you- if that makes me seem Gawdlike to you, so be it.

If you had any military experience you might know the Infantry motto of my day- I am in no special class of citizen- but I am second to none. That counts double when comparing to Con quibblers.... :2wave:

Again this EO doesn't do a damn thing to 99.999999% of GAWD fearing 'gun' owners of America... clue patriotic music and a flag flying in a stiff breeze backround.... Let's all pop a chubby and salute- you with your hand over your heart coz you didn't serve....
Vague? OK, you PROVE your "achievements".
Bad news for you Capt America, this is the internet. I dont care what you say you have done, thats why I dont go into detail about what I have done.
Its not worth it.
But keep yelling and blowing a blood vessel about it. To bad they didnt teach you in the service that it is ok to just agree to disagree. You know, humility.

Vague? OK, you PROVE your "achievements". Bad news for you Capt America, this is the internet. I dont care what you say you have done, thats why I dont go into detail about what I have done. Its not worth it. But keep yelling and blowing a blood vessel about it. To bad they didnt teach you in the service that it is ok to just agree to disagree. You know, humility.

Laughing- you sure was quick to try and blow smoke about retail sales till called on it, I'd say you "wont' go into detail" because you lack that detail. :)

I have scars to prove my achievements, and a far better understanding of how rifle matches are run and who brings what to them. You tried to BS me on that and once again when ya got called suddenly it doesn't count... :roll:

Now you use your Con quibble to deflect from what you tried to claim... 'it is all about me' when the Turtle did far more than I and far vaguer... :roll:

I'm not yelling you never been- it's called a command voice and I am laughing at your attempts to both puff up and whine simultaneously... :lamo

Feel free to 'agree to disagree' and walk away your own self... take some of your own advice :roll:

I am very humble, but no way no how and I letting a bunch of right wing rote rhetoric turd flingers try and fly ignorant crap simply because they don't like the President...

Vague? OK, you PROVE your "achievements".
Bad news for you Capt America, this is the internet. I dont care what you say you have done, thats why I dont go into detail about what I have done.
Its not worth it.
But keep yelling and blowing a blood vessel about it. To bad they didnt teach you in the service that it is ok to just agree to disagree. You know, humility.

He cannot fathom a rational argument for the EO so he has to attack other posters and pretend he knows more about these guns and who wants to buy them than those of us who do. and his service has zero relevance to this issue. the fact is, there are people who want to bring these rifles back into the country for all sorts of legitimate reasons and his BS about his record is not a rational argument against their wishes

again its a need on his part to defend an action and the actor which he cannot do rationally so he spews squid ink attacking us and pretending that these rifles are somehow not "needed"

Laughing- you sure was quick to try and blow smoke about retail sales till called on it, I'd say you "wont' go into detail" because you lack that detail. :)

I have scars to prove my achievements, and a far better understanding of how rifle matches are run and who brings what to them. You tried to BS me on that and once again when ya got called suddenly it doesn't count... :roll:

Now you use your Con quibble to deflect from what you tried to claim... 'it is all about me' when the Turtle did far more than I and far vaguer... :roll:

I'm not yelling you never been- it's called a command voice and I am laughing at your attempts to both puff up and whine simultaneously... :lamo

Feel free to 'agree to disagree' and walk away your own self... take some of your own advice :roll:

I am very humble, but no way no how and I letting a bunch of right wing rote rhetoric turd flingers try and fly ignorant crap simply because they don't like the President...

1) there is no doubt that you are clueless on this issue. How well you can shoot is not relevant. whether an old Garand is the best choice for some matches is not relevant. That you appear not to understand that the CMP holds GARAND Only matches is not relevant. What is relevant is that some people would like to be able to buy a real Garand for less than the amount currently charged for one and INCREASING THE SUPPLY of a FINITE number of rifles in the USA will cause costs to go down

2) all of your posts on this subject completely fail to proffer a rational argument for preventing law abiding citizens greater access to American Made 70 year old military rifles that have almost no history of criminal misuse nor have features that make them dangerous or likely to be so misused

3) I can outshoot you in a rifle match and your rants about how much you know about how rifle matches are run prove you have no rational argument because the vast majority of people buying Garands do so for reasons OTHER THAN TO WIN matches

Back
Top Bottom