• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama’s Iran-Contra: The real Benghazi scandal

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Aaron Klein
August 19, 2013

One would be hard pressed to find a more significant impeachable offense than aiding and abetting the sworn enemies of the United States, especially when any such support includes sending weapons to our murderous adversaries. A crime on that scale would certainly be made all the more serious if those same enemies turned around and utilized the U.S.-provided arms to kill Americans.

We are not here referring to the so-called “Fast and Furious” scandal in which President Obama’s Justice Department purposely allowed, with deadly consequence, licensed firearms dealers to sell weapons to illegal straw buyers with the intent of tracking the guns to Mexican drug cartel leaders. Instead, we document a much less reported gun-walking scandal, one you will soon regard as the “Fast and Furious” of the Middle East, the Iran-Contra of the Obama administration. It could be the White House got away not once but twice with the same misdeed of arming our foes.

In the case presented here, the enemy consists not of drug lords but of al-Qaeda, along with a witches’ brew of anti-American jihadists. The results are not dead U.S. border agents but a murdered U.S. ambassador, along with three other diplomatic staff, in one of the most brazen assaults on an American overseas target in history. To make matters worse, we will show how our president and top administration officials deliberately and repeatedly lied to the American public while taking actions that fomented anti-American sentiment, aided an Islamist revolution currently sweeping the Middle East and North Africa, and possibly helped create, whether wittingly or not, a well-armed al-Qaeda army that is already attacking our interests and fueling conflicts worldwide.

We will also show how the Obama administration engaged in a massive cover-up of the events that transpired during the Benghazi attacks, as well as the shocking reason our ambassador was sent to Benghazi on September 11, despite the many known (and ignored) security threats to the U.S. mission there. You are about to be introduced to the real Benghazi scandal. This chapter alone should result in the immediate impeachment of Obama, as well as topple other administration officials.

The true nature of the ‘consulate’

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Obama's Iran-Contra: The real Benghazi scandal | The Daily Caller

Nah, according to Obama it's all a phony scandal. At least that's what he would want us to believe.

I've only been talking about this for months, but your likely to find, as I have that nobodies really concerned that we have been working with the enemy that we fought and spent unbelievable blood and treasure on for 12 years. Surprisingly it's considered unremarkable!

I've only been talking about this for months, but your likely to find, as I have that nobodies really concerned that we have been working with the enemy that we fought and spent unbelievable blood and treasure on for 12 years. Surprisingly it's considered unremarkable!

It's not unremarkable, it just happens to be the way it's done. If anyone on the right were to actually get into an uproar over this with Obama, they would also have to admit that Reagan did the same by funding and supplying arms to what, part of, would become Al-Qaeda.

It's not unremarkable, it just happens to be the way it's done. If anyone on the right were to actually get into an uproar over this with Obama, they would also have to admit that Reagan did the same by funding and supplying arms to what, part of, would become Al-Qaeda.

Beau! That's it, the way it's done. I know your right, but OMG, when, how will it ever stop? See just look, no comments to this post!!!

Beau! That's it, the way it's done. I know your right, but OMG, when, how will it ever stop? See just look, no comments to this post!!!

Of course there's no reply's. That would take looking in a mirror. But unlike the other place you and I came from, this board has a large number of free thinkers, that aren't brainwashed by the parties.

Which will overwhelm you more, that he keeps getting away with this stuff or that in his remaining time in office that there will be other things even more over the top more outlandish than you could ever imagine and he will get away with those as well? Kiddies what is really gonna cook your noodle is when the next Democrat president wins in 2016 running on a platform boasting too continue these policies!

Which will overwhelm you more, that he keeps getting away with this stuff or that in his remaining time in office that there will be other things even more over the top more outlandish than you could ever imagine and he will get away with those as well? Kiddies what is really gonna cook your noodle is when the next Democrat president wins in 2016 running on a platform boasting too continue these policies!

Oh yeah, I mean I agree completely, but come on Angry, if its a republican, it will be no different.

Of course there's no reply's. That would take looking in a mirror. But unlike the other place you and I came from, this board has a large number of free thinkers, that aren't brainwashed by the parties.

I have found that to be true, generally. So your saying that because prior republican administrations have done the same thing, conservatives don't want to look to closely at this, and of course water carriers for the Obama administration obviously don't want to focus on this. So it's back to what I always say, partisans (who's party really is more important to them than what's good for America) perpetuate the problems, always defending, excusing and overlooking their parties sins.

I have found that to be true, generally. So your saying that because prior republican administrations have done the same thing, conservatives don't want to look to closely at this, and of course water carriers for the Obama administration obviously don't want to focus on this. So it's back to what I always say, partisans (who's party really is more important to them than what's good for America) perpetuate the problems, always defending, excusing and overlooking their parties sins.

Pretty much.

the false point of the OP's 'editorial' is that we are 'arming al qaeda'. Assuming we are actually sending guns to syria, every arab with an AK-47 is not al qaeda. And neither party complains about sending guns to help rebels in a dictatorship. Dems only complain when you arm rebels to overthrow a democracy (think Nicaraqua).

And didnt we get this same " wah wah Obama is arming al qaeda " narrative from cons when we helped liberate Libya? yes we did. And non stop to be exact. And as usual they were wrong. In fact, you couldnt have asked for a better transition to democracy. when was the last time it went this smoothly? (think Nicaraqua).

so as far as "arming al qaeda" goes, crew cab would say

The OP is nothing but conjecture.

the false point of the OP's 'editorial' is that we are 'arming al qaeda'. Assuming we are actually sending guns to syria, every arab with an AK-47 is not al qaeda. And neither party complains about sending guns to help rebels in a dictatorship. Dems only complain when you arm rebels to overthrow a democracy (think Nicaraqua).

And didnt we get this same " wah wah Obama is arming al qaeda " narrative from cons when we helped liberate Libya? yes we did. And non stop to be exact. And as usual they were wrong. In fact, you couldnt have asked for a better transition to democracy. when was the last time it went this smoothly? (think Nicaraqua).

so as far as "arming al qaeda" goes, crew cab would say

That's the point of the problem. There are reports that there were arms being shipped through the consulate, and that it was done through and by the US government. The rebels in Syria have been proved to be heavily infiltrated, if not organized, by Al Qaeda. If it turns out to be true, which has yet to be shown, this would be worse than Iran-Contra. But we're a long way from knowing that.

That's the point of the problem. There are reports that there were arms being shipped through the consulate, and that it was done through and by the US government. The rebels in Syria have been proved to be heavily infiltrated, if not organized, by Al Qaeda. If it turns out to be true, which has yet to be shown, this would be worse than Iran-Contra. But we're a long way from knowing that.

I would not be in the least surprised if we were running guns to syria but remember, the same claims of "arming al qaeda" were made concerning Libya (repeatedly). Would you classify those claims as "greatly exaggerated" or "blatant lie"? so if I'm going to listen to someone who was previously completely wrong on a similar point, they would need to admit they were wrong previously otherwise they have no credibility.

And not for nothing, when we were helping liberate libya, cons were also repeatedly whining "why dont we help syria". It seems to me that cons have lost the right to complain about actually helping the syrian rebels (if we actually are).

And sorry, even if the OP's editorial turns out to be 100% correct, it absolutely would not be worse that Iran contra. We were giving guns to the terrorists that held our people hostage to fund terrorists in Nicaraqua. Thats two groups of terrorists we were helping. Yes the contras were terrorists. When the entire world says that the 84 election in Nicaraqua was a free and fair election, it simply makes an armed insurgency a terrorist group.

Obama needs to aim higher, like Reagan did. Reagan armed the Ayatolla, aremed Saddam, and give Ben Ladin stinger missiles while calling him a freedom fighter. Now that's a real conservative president.

I would not be in the least surprised if we were running guns to syria but remember, the same claims of "arming al qaeda" were made concerning Libya (repeatedly). Would you classify those claims as "greatly exaggerated" or "blatant lie"? so if I'm going to listen to someone who was previously completely wrong on a similar point, they would need to admit they were wrong previously otherwise they have no credibility.

And not for nothing, when we were helping liberate libya, cons were also repeatedly whining "why dont we help syria". It seems to me that cons have lost the right to complain about actually helping the syrian rebels (if we actually are).

And sorry, even if the OP's editorial turns out to be 100% correct, it absolutely would not be worse that Iran contra. We were giving guns to the terrorists that held our people hostage to fund terrorists in Nicaraqua. Thats two groups of terrorists we were helping. Yes the contras were terrorists. When the entire world says that the 84 election in Nicaraqua was a free and fair election, it simply makes an armed insurgency a terrorist group.

Wow. Just... wow.

It doesn't matter which one is worse, why argue that. They both are a slap in the face to any US citizens that died at the hands of these terrorist groups, and their surviving family members. The HUGE rub in all this is that our government continues (it doesn't matter which party is in power) to conduct themselves in these deplorable manners, and NOTHING EVER HAPPENS!! Ronald Reagan couldn't recall and Ollie North is a big hero at FOX News. Hillary Clinton says, what difference does it make and partisans on every message board I've participated on defend, excuse and ignore the sins, SINS of their own party. I have zero hope that Americans have the balls to ever hold any elected leader accountable for such impeachable offenses, and the rah rah Americana is a MYTH!

Obama needs to aim higher, like Reagan did. Reagan armed the Ayatolla, aremed Saddam, and give Ben Ladin stinger missiles while calling him a freedom fighter. Now that's a real conservative president.

That's pretty funny dude, sad but funny.

Wow. Just... wow.

mmmm, would asking you to be specific be too much of a bother? after all you are comparing a scenario coming from people who have lied about this exact scenario before to an actual event. And aren't these the same people who peddled the "stand down" lies?

again, be specific.

Despite "EVIDENCE" to the contrary!!!

So was Benghazi a message delivered by the Russians to end U.S. gun-running by executing Ambassador Stevens, the kingpin between the armed groups, the Libya stockpiles, and the shipments to Turkey?

Reports are abundant and U.S. acknowledged guns went to Al Qaeda

Despite evidence to the contrary, a State Department spokeswoman rejected the idea of arms trafficking, saying Ambassador Stevens was in Benghazi for diplomatic meetings, and the opening of a new cultural center.

The State Department response rings hollow, however, since the Times of London reported that a Libyan Al Entisar ship was found carrying at least 400 tons of cargo. “Some of it was humanitarian, but also reportedly weapons, described by the report as the largest consignment of weapons headed for Syria's rebels on the frontlines.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/did-cia-and-state-department-run-illegal-arms-trafficking-benghazi

Re: Obama’s Iran-Contra: The real Benghazi scandals

Stop defending Obama's gun running to the al Qaida infested rebels in Syria.

This whole Benghazi thing is phony, besides What difference at this point does it make?
2qjaqma.jpg

That's right, what difference does it make. Ya reckon Mr. Stevens would like a shot at that answer?

Why didn't they call him in to testify before Congress?

There ya go bein some kinda big kidder again!

Back
Top Bottom