• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oath Keeper pleads guilty to seditious conspiracy as pressure intensifies against right-wing extremist group

Plasmaball

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

I remember a time where the right wingers where asking why nobody was charged with this as evidence nothing bad happened.

We've now had two plead guilty and I know I know you are gonna claim lone wolf where you try to argue its only two people out of 700 people.

But then I was also told there was no planning involved and we all know that is a lie.

I remember a time where the right wingers where asking why nobody was charged with this as evidence nothing bad happened.

We've now had two plead guilty and I know I know you are gonna claim lone wolf where you try to argue its only two people out of 700 people.

But then I was also told there was no planning involved and we all know that is a lie.
They asked why no one has been charged with insurrection and no one has been. Do you think the fact that a couple of Antifa/BLM people were snatched as part of this translates to what the entire event was?

They asked why no one has been charged with insurrection and no one has been. Do you think the fact that a couple of Antifa/BLM people were snatched as part of this translates to what the entire event was?
WHich , then makes it a totally nonsense question, since seditious conspiracy is to all intents and purposes insurrection,

This is the legal definition of sedgatious conspiracy

Under 18 U.S.C. § 2384, “seditious conspiracy” occurs when two or more persons:

conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof.

WHich , then makes it a totally nonsense question, since seditious conspiracy is to all intents and purposes insurrection,

conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof.
Not at all. Insurrection has its own statute.

Not at all. Insurrection has its own statute.
Yes, it's it's own statue, but the only difference is one actually got weapons out , and the other didn't quite get to that point. In the case of the two oath keepers, they had weapons available they brought , but didn't have them during the riot. They didn't seem to have gotten the opportunity to go back and raid the cache of weapons.

Three minutes in and we get a Black Lives Matter whataboutism. :LOL:

Bet you think the insurrection was just a kegger. ;)

Oh, my gosh.

I have been keeping a running list here:

Yes, it's it's own statue, but the only difference is one actually got weapons out , and the other didn't quite get to that point. In the case of the two oath keepers, they had weapons available they brought , but didn't have them during the riot. They didn't seem to have gotten the opportunity to go back and raid the cache of weapons.
Has nothing to do with weapons. The difference between the two statutes is conspiring to do something and actually doing it. Here are the statutes in question:

§2383. Rebellion or insurrection​

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

§2384. Seditious conspiracy​

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

The DOJ charged 11 people under 2384 and 0 people under 2383. What are your thoughts on why that is? Why hasn’t the DOJ taken the legal position that what happened on January 6th, 2021 was an insurrection?

Right. You do understand that under that statute a couple that conspired to steal a roll of toilet paper from a national park outhouse could be prosecuted for seditious conspiracy, right?

Right. You do understand that under that statute a couple that conspired to steal a roll of toilet paper from a national park outhouse could be prosecuted for seditious conspiracy, right?

Wouldn't they be prosecuted instead for having a kegger? ;)

Your brainwashing is showing.

It's like you guys try your hardest to bore me.

Lol no..stop wasting our time with this stupidity..

Lol no..stop wasting our time with this stupidity..
In what way does conspiring to steal a roll of toilet paper from a national park outhouse NOT meet the statutory definition of seditious conspiracy?

In what way does conspiring to steal a roll of toilet paper from a national park outhouse NOT meet the statutory definition of seditious conspiracy?
It's ****ing stupid. I'm not engaging this as a legit question. Instead I'm gonna laugh at you because you are trying to be serious

for one, it's not trying to over throw the government.

Simple

Q1: What is “sedition” and “insurrection”?

A1:
Generally, sedition is conduct or speech that incites individuals to violently rebel against the authority of the government. Insurrection includes the actual acts of violence and rebellion.

You are wrong there were no Antifa/BLM people "snatched". That was always a lie. Why are right wingers so gullible?

Fact check: Men who stormed Capitol identified by Reuters are not undercover Antifa as posts claim

Social media users have been sharing content online that suggests those who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 were Antifa, not Trump supporters. Many have been using compilations of pictures as purported evidence, but examination of these images shows they do not support this claim. Meanwhile, the FBI has said there is “no indication at this time” that Antifa had played a role in the mob that stormed the Capitol.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-...ndercover-antifa-as-posts-claim-idUSKBN29E0QO

It's ****ing stupid. I'm not engaging this as a legit question. Instead I'm gonna laugh at you because you are trying to be serious
The statute CLEARLY allows for charges in the scenario I posed.

Back
Top Bottom