• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oath Keeper pleads guilty to seditious conspiracy as pressure intensifies against right-wing extremist group

Update!

Yeah-- but he still pleaded guilty.
The others seem to want to contest the charges.
To each his own, I suppose.

I am reminded here of Michael Cohen, who pleaded guilty to campaign finance violations, only to see the investigation for campaign finance violations against the 'anonymous' other person dropped due to lack of evidence.

It was all a “nothing burger” until it wasn’t…….God bless Aunt Clara:

There it is: 1651321033314.jpeg

Yeah-- but he still pleaded guilty.
The others seem to want to contest the charges.
To each his own, I suppose.

I am reminded here of Michael Cohen, who pleaded guilty to campaign finance violations, only to see the investigation for campaign finance violations against the 'anonymous' other person dropped due to lack of evidence.

It wasn’t dropped due to lack of evidence. It was dropped when the grand jury’s term was up.

Which is what I said. Doesn’t answer the question.
You are correct that no one has been charged specifically under the insurrection statute. The reason that is; is because intent has to be proven which is extremely difficult to do under these circumstances and the law is very strict. I read that a while ago but will try to find an article.

It wasn’t dropped due to lack of evidence. It was dropped when the grand jury’s term was up.

Grand Juries can be reconvened.
It wasn't because there was no basis for thinking an indictment could be secured, never mind a criminal conviction.

18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy​

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

Right. You do understand that under that statute a couple that conspired to steal a roll of toilet paper from a national park outhouse could be prosecuted for seditious conspiracy, right?
But they were just tourists, as one GOP Congressman stated......the same one that helped barricade the door from the tourists. :ROFLMAO:

18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy​

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.
Still, nobody charged with Insurrection! How can y'all call it an Insurrection? ;)

Why would he cry in court when he was so brave while running around the Capitol looking for unarmed congress members to shoot/hang?
Could it be that he has discovered that maximum devotion to trump has a price? Could it be that playing dress up commando is no longer any fun?
I have to laugh at these clowns, who never looked far enough into the future to realize their actions have severe consequences.

Why would he cry in court when he was so brave while running around the Capitol looking for unarmed congress members to shoot/hang?
Could it be that he has discovered that maximum devotion to trump has a price? Could it be that playing dress up commando is no longer any fun?
I have to laugh at these clowns, who never looked far enough into the future to realize their actions have severe consequences.
They looked into a future that had them being commissioned in Drumpf's Storm Troopers.

Dumb ass rePukelian logic...
I don't give a shit what it is called,
Weak ass crying mother****er is going to jail...
If you were in there and dropped your soap...
Would you say, "I am not in here for insert erection"
I rest my case... but don't you rest yours...
-peace
I was thinking about spelling it out "Sarcasm Alert" but I figured the winky smilie would convey it sufficiently. ;)

He is crying because he understands that he will
soon be introduced to Big Black Bubba...
And he is in there for Insurrection...
-Peace

Back
Top Bottom