• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

OAN Has a Problem: Staffers Have Been Leaving Due to 4 Months of Repeating "The Big Lie"

Employees of the cable network One America News do not believe all of the claims that are aired on it, according to a report by The New York Times.

According to the Sunday report, about a dozen staffers have left the network since the January 6 riot at the US Capitol, which left five people dead. The network for months aired, repeated, and speculated on former President Donald Trump's false claims about voter fraud in the 2020 election.

There is no evidence to suggest any substantial fraud influenced the election. President Joe Biden won the election by beating Trump in key battleground states.

"Many people have raised concerns," Allysia Britton, a news producer who recently left the network, told The New York Times. "And the thing is, when people speak up about anything, you will get in trouble."

Thoughts? Apparently workers don't like working for a media company that supports insurrection.
I often wonder about the level of mindlessness required to repeat false narratives over and over again with the appearance of sincerity. I guess it does finally get to some of them.

Good, they were always free to leave. Also your source is fake news. Five people did not die in an insurrection. One innocent woman was shot by police during the electoral justice protest
Innocent? Yeah right. Criminal entrance into the Capitol. Attempting to enter a secure location within the Capital, knowingly entering and remaining in a restricted area, violent entry, disorderly conduct and possibly assaulting a LEO.

Kamala Harris would be the President. Y'all left her out of the fantasy kill list.

Oof, one more fascist who'd rather be Russian than American. You do know the Russian oligarchy tortures and kills people that disagree with it and there are no such things as free elections right? Feel free to relocate if that's what you desire.
USG has fraudulent elections and tortures and kills people that disagree with it.

Good, they were always free to leave. Also your source is fake news. Five people did not die in an insurrection. One innocent woman was shot by police during the electoral justice protest
Uh huh.

Nearly all of this is either not true, or you inferring intent that you have no proof for.
I seem to recall when ex president trump told his faithful not to believe what they were seeing or hearing. Obviously some took it to heart.

Sounds like some of the staff members got sick of being traitor swine.

It will be interesting to hear what people's motives (or excuses) are when the trials begin.

What "electoral justice protest"?

You mean the destructive attack on the Capitol?

You're not "innocent" if you are breaking down doors and jumping barricades behind which congressfolk are sheltering.

This isn't even gaslighting.

More farting in our faces.

They were not violent. No acts of violence were committed other than a handful of scuffles which were provoked. The only serious violence was carried out by capitol police against an unarmed woman not threatening any force. Of course in your mind a black can be a convicted felon career criminal pulling guns on cops and will somehow be the victim of police violence, but unarmed woman who just has different political beliefs can be terminated in your mind.

In any event the full videos of the incident show most people being allowed in the door by uniformed cops, interacting peaceably with cops, taking selfies and pulling stunts. This wasn’t the beerhall Putsch by any stretch.
Nor was it a tea party as you would like others to believe. Face it, this has cost Trump any hope in 2024, good!!

I don’t imagine people working for OANN are making fantastic salaries.

Perhaps they would love to see their income improve. Working for OANN will not be a great selling point on your resume if you hope to work to the MSM in this nation. Quitting OANN might be a career enhancing move.

No one broke into the capital building threatening to attack members of congress. That is why many of the videos were suppressed by big tech unless they were edited to remove context.
Um... there was a group of people chanting "Hang Mike Pence" while carrying a noose. There is a statement of action along with the device to be used in said chant to accomplish the action. Sounds like a threat to me.

Um... there was a group of people chanting "Hang Mike Pence" while carrying a noose. There is a statement of action along with the device to be used in said chant to accomplish the action. Sounds like a threat to me.

Those people were never inside of the capitol. In any event antifa was bringing guillotines to peoples houses back during the summer, and you were not offended by that then. So I don’t really wanna hear your phony selective outrage.

Really you think she would’ve been shot in Iceland for trying to climb through a window while unarmed?
This ain't Iceland.
She got what she deserved for violently attacking the US government with traitorous rioters.

Innocent? Yeah right. Criminal entrance into the Capitol. Attempting to enter a secure location within the Capital, knowingly entering and remaining in a restricted area, violent entry, disorderly conduct and possibly assaulting a LEO.
The Right here are desperate to create false narrative on the events of Jan 6.

Slap them down, set them straight!!

When will NYTIMES and CNN start jumping ship? Both are propaganda arms of the DNC who have lied to you for years with the rest of media parroting NYTIMES reporting.

We all witnessed Jan 6

Violence and an attempt to stop the peoples buisness.

The biggest election meltdown in US history, based on Trump's lie, what rubes.

So breaking windows, beating police officers, smashing officers heads with weapons is "an electoral protest"?

90j1d.gif

Really, you very conservatives crack us up with your untruthful and illogical claims. And she was not innocent, violently trying to break into the congress floor during a riot/insurrection is not an innocent woman. Am I sorry she is dead, sure, but I am more sorry for the officers who died and the officers who were injured. They did nothing wrong, this lady did everything wrong.

So breaking windows, beating police officers, smashing officers heads with weapons is "an electoral protest"?

View attachment 67333410

Really, you very conservatives crack us up with your untruthful and illogical claims. And she was not innocent, violently trying to break into the congress floor during a riot/insurrection is not an innocent woman. Am I sorry she is dead, sure, but I am more sorry for the officers who died and the officers who were injured. They did nothing wrong, this lady did everything wrong.
You had no problem when it was Antifa doing it. Your performative fake morality is therefore to be ignored

You had no problem when it was Antifa doing it. Your performative fake morality is therefore to be ignored
Prove that I did not have a problem when antifa was doing it. And the only thing that has to be ignored is your fake outrage/fake comments. It is obvious you cannot factually discuss the riot/insurrection because you don't have a factual foot to stand on.

FYI, before you make yourself look like and even bigger fool, I have called antifa scum, violent, morons , violent thugs, said their violence is never justified, thug, hatemongers and have stated they need to be booted off facebook/social media. And then you claim "you had no problem when it was antifa doing it, just shows you are clueless about my views and it makes your claim wholly nonsense.

Well that is nonsense, antifa is scum, their ideas may not be terrible as they are against fascists, but their violent tendencies are horrendous. Violence only begets violence and usually solves nothing.

And it is not the trolls who want to silence AOC, it is the climate deniers who are guilty for that one there.

And I just stated that you are wrong, the pictures were to show what kind of Trump supporter I would not allow in my bar, what do I need to do, show a masked antifa moron just because I need to show I am unbiased? Sorry, but for that you need to google antifa moron (I am pretty sure you will find plenty).

And your point would be? Last time I checked I am not a journalist, I do not have to show both sides of the issue (even though I clearly stated hooded thugs or violent thugs of any kind, Trump supporter, Alt-Right or Antifa) would not be welcomed in a bar I had.

So again, your point would be? That I have to be fair by showing both kinds of pictures :lamo Ludicrous.

except anti-fascists are not fascist, that is completely untrue IMHO because the ANTIFA may use violent tactics to counteract violent ideologies, but it does not justify their own use of violence.

And there is that lie again, I am not protecting anyone. Just disagreeing with you does not protect them from anything other than your words and frankly I am pretty sure no antifa thug would ever loose one second of sleep over your assertions.

That is your opinion, IMHO if you provide a known hatemonger and liar as Alex Jones a voice on facebook you are legitimizing him.

I would have no issue if they threw the liars about vaccines off from there too. The same goes for Antifa, kick them off there now.

I don't want or need a defense for being intolerant to hatemongers/intolerant ass wipes.

And it is not our business. It may be the business of the shareholders but it is not the business of it's members nor of the government. Zero our business when it comes to the content. About other behaviors of Facebook it is the governments business of course if the privacy rights of people get violated.

And you in the US might have the attitude that there is no issues with unchecked free speech, which gives way to the hatemongers of the KKK, Nazi's and even ANTIFA the freedom to shout whatever the hell they want. You think that something that is OK because that is the price of full freedom of speech, we in the Netherlands and many other countries in the world have a different view.

Let us see how to say this nicely, this is partisan nonsense.

Who in the US has most weapons? Conservatives/people in the country. What kind of person most likely has a weapons training (army, navy, airforce, police, armed security, etc. etc.) you guessed it conservatives.

This week a police officer suggested that miss Ocasio-Cortes "needs a round" (aka a bullet fired at her).

Besides the Antifa idiots there are very few violent liberal groups around, on the other hand right wing groups with violent tendencies are much more prevalent.

Nearly all of this is either not true, or you inferring intent that you have no proof for.
This guy is straight from outer space. I don't have any more words for Trumpers like this. It'll take some time, but they will wither away.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom