• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oakland Shooter Upset at "left-wing" Congress

somepeoplesay

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Hmm, i'm skeptical about this but thought it deserved a mention. It kind of reminds me of the anti-gov't nutjob in Pittsburgh last year. Full Story.

A 45-year-old parolee, described by his mother as angry at left-wing politicians, opened fire on California Highway Patrol officers on an Oakland freeway early Sunday and was hit by return fire while wearing body armor, authorities said.

Byron Williams of Groveland (Tuolumne County) was taken to the emergency room at Highland Hospital, where he was in stable condition. Police did not describe his injuries. Two officers suffered minor cuts from flying glass.

Williams was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder for shooting at the CHP officers and Oakland police said he may face other charges.

They did not release his name, but reporters identified him from the license plate of the vehicle, which was registered to his mother.

Read more: I-580 shootout suspect mad at left-wing politics

Hmm, i'm skeptical about this but thought it deserved a mention. It kind of reminds me of the anti-gov't nutjob in Pittsburgh last year. Full Story.

"His mother said..."

Yup, that pretty much settles it. :doh

Because of this mans actions, I am now compelled to support the democrats and Barack Obama.

Because of this mans actions, I am now compelled to support the democrats and Barack Obama.

...man it's a good thing he didn't say it was about NAMBLA.

I love how the charge is "suspicion of attempted murder." Gee, what gave you that suspicion? Was it maybe THE BULLETS!? THE BULLETS HE WAS FIRING AT YOU?

Last edited:
Hmm, i'm skeptical about this but thought it deserved a mention. It kind of reminds me of the anti-gov't nutjob in Pittsburgh last year.

If they are pissed off at the Congress, why are they shooting at police officers?

If they are pissed off at the Congress, why are they shooting at police officers?

More has come out. He was on his way to an ACLU office, and was going to shoot everybody in it. Luckily for them, the shootout with the police happened first, on a traffic stop.

Mental illness doesn't discriminate based on political affiliation. *shrug*

Of course, folks that spout off hate filled crap over the airwaves and the internet probably don't help matters.

Mental illness doesn't discriminate based on political affiliation. *shrug*

Of course, folks that spout off hate filled crap over the airwaves and the internet probably don't help matters.

Yeah, the problem with the rhetoric we see these days is that there are unstable people who will take it seriously and it might tip them over the edge. You have all these far-right conservatives talking about THE REVOLUTION and to GET YER GUNS and whatnot. Normal, sensible people dismiss it as hyperbole. Hardcore partisans nod their heads and grumble about that damned government. Crazy people think it's actually happening and they go get their gun to do something about it.

Back
Top Bottom