• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NYT: Even for This President, It Was a Remarkable Week of Attacks on American Institutions

I have no problem with an investigation. Where is the evidence and charges. If there is none then we should hear nothing. This has been front page news for 2 years and not a single scrap of evidence has been presented against Trump. In the mean time we have a country that needs and has elected leaders.

Time to do your job already. I would fire every one of these worthless bought and paid for party puppets doing nothing but perpetuating hate and division. (BOTH PARTIES). What is wrong with the people in this country? Why are they not demanding results no matter party. I guess hateful pathetic people elect hateful pathetic leaders.

Nope, we the sheeple have accepted voting for either the party for a bigger federal government or the party for a huge federal government. Your voting power (for or against), at the federal level, is limited to at most 3 out of the 535 congress critters. Any complaints about the other 532 congress critters are largely ignored by them.

Sessions (the alleged racist?) is now being praised by many of those same demorats - did his 'racist views' suddenly disappear? I doubt that Sessions views have anything to do with it - it's just another excuse to bash Trump. Trump was said to be wrong to appoint Sessions and wrong to terminate him by many of the same anti-Trump partisans.

Sessions performed his duties ethically. NOw we may dislike his positions, but any of us on "the left" AFAIK will take ethical over TRump any day of the week.

Sessions performed his duties ethically. NOw we may dislike his positions, but any of us on "the left" AFAIK will take ethical over TRump any day of the week.

Hmm... does that explain why Sessions got one demorat vote in his Senate confirmation?

Sessions (the alleged racist?) is now being praised by many of those same demorats - did his 'racist views' suddenly disappear? I doubt that Sessions views have anything to do with it - it's just another excuse to bash Trump. Trump was said to be wrong to appoint Sessions and wrong to terminate him by many of the same anti-Trump partisans.
He was wrong to do both. I use to hear that Republicans don't do nuance, it seems it's got some truth to it.

Hmm... does that explain why Sessions got one demorat vote in his Senate confirmation?
Voting against sessions could not factually be about his ethical behavior in office. Why are you on about this? Just stop, you're wrong, and you're shaming yourself for no good reason. We hear from the right all the time "why can't democrats praise Trump for his good, if they are gonna also crap on him for the bad he does??". And here we do that to Jeff Sessions, and you ramble on about how we're supposed to see the future when voting him in. There were plenty of less controversial picks than Sessions, Democrats should not have voted him in. Also, politics is politics. If Dems know he's fine, but they also know Republicans have more than enough votes, they can all join together to vote against something for political points (as they see it). This is commonplace in politics. Once he WAS in, we're big boys and girls and have this thing called a brain, and can evaluate his performance in office. His biggest test, was in recusal, and standing his ground hand in hand with Rosenstein/DOJ. He did that, he gets points for it, even if he probably is a racist.

Democrats go mad every time Trump moves to stop corruption in the government. Sessions allowed the partisan Trump-haters to craft a fake investigation into non-existent Trump/Russian collusion and now it is left up to Trump to stop these partisan morons from continuing their abuse of offices of the US Government.

When did Trump move to stop corruption in government? His cabinet is the definition of the swamp -- filled with self-dealing abusers of their office -- from those who trade in stocks that benefit from their decisions as govt officials, to those who use government resources as their personal piggy bank. Trump himself is a profiteer.

One also has to take a full dose injection of denial to conclude that Trump/Russian collusion is fake. For someone who claims innocence, he's acting suspiciously guilty when he tries at every turn to place stumbling blocks before the investigation and lies about continuously.

Trump's own lawyer contradicted Trump's claim that he had no knowledge of the Trump Tower meeting with a Russian operative. In fact, Trump himself -- who originally said "nobody met with Russians" -- which then turned into "yes, they met with Russians but only about adoption -- and I wrote the letter myself" which then turned into "they met with Russians about *opposition research* which everybody does" and then, "collusion isn't a crime." No, that is admitting that his son conspired with a foreign government to illegally affect an election and he knew about it -- which means he lied about it previously too.

During the campaign, Trump establish back channels to the Russians that only use the Russians' own secure communications, and cannot be heard by American intelligence. What American president has a secret two-hour meeting with Putin and won't disclose what was discussed?

What American President asserts that he has the absolute right to pardon himself while also asserting that the did nothing wrong?

If your standards are: "collusion hasn't yet been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt in a courtroom," you can't also be saying "Mueller needs to hurry up and shut down his investigation." If you actually care about the country, you wouldn't say "the president can't be charged with obstruction of justice by definition," you would ask: "What did the President and his family actually DO?"

If your standards are: "We care about our country and its independence from *any* foreign power," you ought to be profoundly concerned and want the most comprehensive investigation possible -- not shut it down.

No. I said previously what the appointment violates -- the constitution. Under the Constitution, presidential nominations for executive and judicial posts take effect only when confirmed by the Senate. Whitaker never received such advice and consent. In addition, Congress passed a law governing Justice Department succession that also seems to prohibit Mr. Whitaker’s

The Constitution permits recess appointments by the president. The person appointed has the full legal authority of his or her office even though there was no Senate confirmation. So clearly the Constitution allows this.
The Vacancy Act builds upon that. Whittaker was a senior official. He fit the standards as outlined in that act. He is qualified to be acting AG.

So, if your contention is that the Federal Vacancies Reform Act is the governing law, then you are saying that Rod Rosenstein should be the legal acting AG -- as this is what the Federal Vacancies Reform Act states:

Whitaker is several levels below the assistant to the AG. Rosenstein is next in command.

Part 2 sec 3345 was left out. That part says the president, and only the president, can appt. anyone provided that person is a senior official (Whittaker was chief of staff to Sessions), and had been in the department for at least 90 days (Whittaker was hired Oct 2017).

When did Trump move to stop corruption in government? His cabinet is the definition of the swamp -- filled with self-dealing abusers of their office -- from those who trade in stocks that benefit from their decisions as govt officials, to those who use government resources as their personal piggy bank. Trump himself is a profiteer.

Democrats, purify thyselves before throwing stones at others.
Maxine Waters and Dems charged with ethics violations https://www.commdiginews.com/politi...ms-been-charged-with-ethics-violations-93176/

One also has to take a full dose injection of denial to conclude that Trump/Russian collusion is fake. For someone who claims innocence, he's acting suspiciously guilty when he tries at every turn to place stumbling blocks before the investigation and lies about continuously.

"Injection of denial?" How stupid is that? Lisa page testified under oath: There was no evidence of collusion before Mueller appointment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZCkNqxSdHI

Trump's own lawyer contradicted Trump's claim that he had no knowledge of the Trump Tower meeting with a Russian operative. In fact, Trump himself -- who originally said "nobody met with Russians" -- which then turned into "yes, they met with Russians but only about adoption -- and I wrote the letter myself" which then turned into "they met with Russians about *opposition research* which everybody does" and then, "collusion isn't a crime." No, that is admitting that his son conspired with a foreign government to illegally affect an election and he knew about it -- which means he lied about it previously too.

It turned out the "Russian operative" was nothing more than a democrat plant brought into the US by Obama and sent to Trump Tower by DNC operatives to try to entrap members of the Trump campaign into some sort of tangled democrat fake spy story perpetrated by democrats desperate to give Hillary's lies about the "Russians" some semblance of legitimacy.

During the campaign, Trump establish back channels to the Russians that only use the Russians' own secure communications, and cannot be heard by American intelligence. What American president has a secret two-hour meeting with Putin and won't disclose what was discussed?

What American thinks he should correct the President on his diplomatic methods? Only a moron.

What American President asserts that he has the absolute right to pardon himself while also asserting that the did nothing wrong?

What was wrong with the President quipping that if he is found guilty for a crime he did not commit that he could just pardon himself? I agree with Trump. He did nothing wrong and the leftist morons are debating how he would handle a guilty verdict if he was tried in a kangaroo court and unjustly found guilty.

If your standards are: "collusion hasn't yet been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt in a courtroom," you can't also be saying "Mueller needs to hurry up and shut down his investigation." If you actually care about the country, you wouldn't say "the president can't be charged with obstruction of justice by definition," you would ask: "What did the President and his family actually DO?"

Mueller is obviously on a fools errand which is costing the American taxpayer millions in wasted money. The whole fake collusion story and subsequent fake democrat investigation needs to be stopped. Democrats are making a laughingstock of American justice on the world stage.

If your standards are: "We care about our country and its independence from *any* foreign power," you ought to be profoundly concerned and want the most comprehensive investigation possible -- not shut it down.

I do not believe fake democrat charges backed by fake democrat spy documents empowered by partisan democrat investigators and prosecutors openly determined to bring down the US President and, consequently, US law and order, should be given any support and respect at all. It is time to shut down this corrupt anti-American democrat kangaroo court and get the unjust jackasses out of positions of authority in the US government.

Last edited:
Democrats, purify thyselves before throwing stones at others.
Maxine Waters and Dems charged with ethics violations https://www.commdiginews.com/politi...ms-been-charged-with-ethics-violations-93176/

I only took 30 seconds to discredit your first item. The rest I won't waste my time on.

U.S. Rep. Maxine Waters charged with 3 ethics violations — back in 2010
tom-mostlyfalse.png

Back
Top Bottom